PDA

View Full Version : See you at Road America

G.
08-06-14, 07:30 PM
Me and a g. will be there as early as we can Friday afternoon.

Anyone?

TRDfan
08-06-14, 09:41 PM
Friday and Saturday for me. Heading east Thursday afternoon.

stroker
08-06-14, 10:41 PM
I wish.

As I was packing up her stuff I found my old program from the 1995 BRIC we'd gone to. Made me sad...

NismoZ
08-07-14, 12:06 AM
You betchya...8 am (or so) Friday...walking the paddock, searching for the best breakfast deal. Like watching Team Corvette get things together. Hmmm...I think I'll wear my Patrick Dempsey black MAZDA Motorsports hat...maybe my old Haas Racing T...if it's warm enough. Flag me down if you aren't too shy...maybe just me and my cousin and/OR brother this year...Really a fun place to be...plan to be home on Sunday to watch it on TV...I know...but you miss SO MUCH when you only see a turn or two at a time! Love that HD action! First saw Jim Hall win the June Sprints feature there in the MkI Chaparral in '62...only missed ONE season ('69...busy, uh, "overseas") since! Sure as hell hope the "weight penalties" don't mess things up in GTLM. Go Jan! Have root for Andrew Davis in the Conti Challenge too, my old Porsche School instructor down at Barber. Nice guy.

NismoZ
08-07-14, 12:27 AM
Hey, G & TRD...that '95 BRIC may have been the best ever...LOTS of foreign (European) Can Am/ group C guys showed up and tried to crash the party with NEW, built up "vintage" racers... And got beat anyway! At least, I THINK it was '95, maybe earlier. They didn't get invited back because they were violating the "spirit" of what vintage racing was all about...or something like that. Had a little talk with Augie Pabst that year who was so pumped that he had just broken his own 1960 June Sprints lap record of 2:41 in his (same) Scarab. "Better tires" he admitted, with a smile.:) And Dario has the (CART) lap record there with a 1:39! Forty some years to lower the lap time by a minute+. Amazing! Compare what you see there this weekend to THAT! Have fun!:thumbup:

G.
08-11-14, 12:36 PM
I think I'll wear my Patrick Dempsey black MAZDA Motorsports hat...

Lots of people had those hats on. Are you a middle-aged woman? I might have seen you.

;)
:laugh:

RTKar
08-12-14, 07:40 AM
One thing that remains from CART at Road America...too many FCY's.

G.
08-19-14, 01:27 PM
One thing that remains from CART at Road America...too many FCY's.

Didn't see you this year. Or maybe I did, and didn't recognize you.

May have seen NizmoZ, but on Sunday. (didn't think you were there Sunday??)

RTKar
08-20-14, 07:38 AM
Didn't see you this year. Or maybe I did, and didn't recognize you.

May have seen NizmoZ, but on Sunday. (didn't think you were there Sunday??)

Yea, I usually see TRDfan but didn't this year. I shot up with my nephew for race day only, so I wasn't walking around the track as much, didn't even bring my camera. We spent our time in T-5 and the bleachers in Canada Corner.

...I was wearing a Minardi hat :tony:

NismoZ
06-14-15, 04:26 PM
Ok, all you wine and cheese pseudo-elitists:p...been about 10 months since I have been to ANY kind of race so it looks like I will make a run to RA for the Pirelli World Challenge weekend. Part of it anyway. The make-up race from Detroit will be added on Friday. :thumbup: With all the practice and qualifying the $10 admission looks like a pretty good deal. Only $20 on Saturday. GT/GTA/GTS/TC/TCB...+...8 races? Looking forward to it! (ps...How 'bout a 1982 Dana Rex Mays 200 hat this time? Shouldn't see too many of THOSE up there!)

TRDfan
06-20-15, 11:42 PM
My plan is to make it Friday in time for the make up race @ 1:40. Saturday looks great with lots of on track action, probably stick around for some of the day on Sunday.

It will be either a Champ Car Inner Circle or FIRST robotics hat. Decisions, decisions......

NismoZ
06-26-15, 02:48 PM
Wahhhhh...uable to get there for the Friday makeup...am parked in front of the old PC hoping for a good live-streaming... Still planning on an 8am arrival tomorrow!

NismoZ
06-26-15, 03:53 PM
:irked:Less live streaming than...late starting coverage, pixilated, stop-action, poorly announced, ...could be my fault, old equipment...might be an RA thing, big place, signal blocking elevation? Whatever. Lambo, GTR, Audi R-8, Ferrari, Bentley...1-5...Cadillac 8th is a surprise. Lots of disappointment for Ryan Dalziel (tire) or a Porsche MAY have come 3rd...Estre in the K-Pax/Lizard McLaren was way out of it before a flat and Thorne in their 2nd car was 18th (?)...both uncharacteristic...it IS a fast track, but...? Love the variety of mfgrs. represented and lots of good drivers...more sun, higher temps tomorrow MAY make a difference.

G.
08-02-16, 10:43 PM
Heading up Thursday with the 13 y.o.

Anyone else?

RTKar
09-02-16, 11:26 AM
Ok, all you wine and cheese pseudo-elitists:p...been about 10 months since I have been to ANY kind of race so it looks like I will make a run to RA for the Pirelli World Challenge weekend. Part of it anyway. The make-up race from Detroit will be added on Friday. :thumbup: With all the practice and qualifying the $10 admission looks like a pretty good deal. Only $20 on Saturday. GT/GTA/GTS/TC/TCB...+...8 races? Looking forward to it! (ps...How 'bout a 1982 Dana Rex Mays 200 hat this time? Shouldn't see too many of THOSE up there!)

Replying to year old thread :) I have two 1982 Rex Mays hats :cool:. I did make it up to RA for IMSA this year, a really nice crowd, respectable race...wearing a Jaguar F1 hat.