View Full Version : It's Official: Road America on HDNet Only

JoeBob
07-01-03, 04:55 PM
http://www.cart.com/News/Article.asp?ID=6385

To find a viewing place near you: http://www.hd.net/sportsbars.html

Turn7
07-01-03, 05:15 PM
More of a reason to go to the race.

Only two locations in all of Houston that have the service.

Both are over 20 miles from my house.

Hink
07-01-03, 06:18 PM
Zero in Seattle. Four in the state.

Pook's crap that "I fully expect this to be the best looking broadcast we will have this season." means nothing when nobody can tune in.

Ankf00
07-01-03, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
More of a reason to go to the race.

Only two locations in all of Houston that have the service.

Both are over 20 miles from my house.

damiandoan, you, me, Austin ;) howzat?

trubritz
07-01-03, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Hink
Zero in Seattle. Four in the state.

Pook's crap that "I fully expect this to be the best looking broadcast we will have this season." means nothing when nobody can tune in.

You nailed it Hink - what a p*ss poor way to promote the best road race of the year.

Ankf00
07-01-03, 06:49 PM
a week's delay would be worth it, geez....
why can't CART pull what they did with Brands?

JoeBob
07-01-03, 08:18 PM
From what I understand, their only other alternative was a late-night tape delay on SPEED. This race was originally scheduled to be on CBS, and they found another use for the network time when CART cancelled the event. SPEED had committed the day long ago.

Part of the issue is that CART was not planning on putting the race back on the schedule this year. However, they were threatened with action that left them with no choice.

Personally, I think they should have called off this year's race, and put the race back on its traditional weekend next year. This event has been screwed since the moment they changed the date to conflict with the EAA thing in Oshkosh.

nrc
07-02-03, 12:12 AM
It doesn't bode well for CART's relationship with SPEED if they won't even bother to clear space on their schedule for some kind of tape delay. If the Podunk County Demo-Derby got rain delayed you can bet SPEED would find an alternate slot to put it into.

Miljax
07-02-03, 09:27 AM
I am going to the race. Problem solved!!!

tllips
07-02-03, 09:58 AM
I'm going to the race too, but it sure would be nice to come home and watch the parts I could not see on Tivo later. :flame:

racer2c
07-02-03, 10:14 AM
:( :thumdown:

racer2c
07-02-03, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by nrc
It doesn't bode well for CART's relationship with SPEED if they won't even bother to clear space on their schedule for some kind of tape delay. If the Podunk County Demo-Derby got rain delayed you can bet SPEED would find an alternate slot to put it into.

I've questioned their relationship in the past. When browsing through their producers bios page, not a mention of anything CART, while I found references to most other racing series.

paper
07-02-03, 10:23 AM
so will it be on regular direct tv pay for veiw,, less the HDTV option? this will create much bad crituque from cart naysayers.. perhaps even more than no TV at all. paper

RaceGrrl
07-02-03, 10:52 AM
I haven't heard anything else about DTV pay per view. I haven't had any luck finding a place to watch the race in Columbus.

**edit** After calling a couple of places, I've found that one place will open just for us, if we have 100 people to watch the race. It's the Frog, Bear and Wild Boar bar in the Arena district. Nice place. The other place is El Vaquero Mexican restaurant in Northwest Columbus, but it will be on Fox Sports Espanol, and I didn't get any real assurance that we'd definitely be able to watch the entire race.

What say you, good people?

Miljax
07-02-03, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by tllips
I'm going to the race too, but it sure would be nice to come home and watch the parts I could not see on Tivo later. :flame:

Point well taken...

Ankf00
07-03-03, 12:48 PM
frikkin COLLEGE STATION has HDnet sports bar.... BUT NOT CENTRAL TX!!!!!!!

COLLEGE STATION!!!!!!!!
:cry: :flame: :mad: :flame: :cry:

Kate
07-05-03, 09:28 AM
"Pick a STATE"? Does this mean it won't be available in Canada at any price?

JSR
07-07-03, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by JoeBob
From what I understand, their only other alternative was a late-night tape delay on SPEED.

IMO they should have done this.