PDA

View Full Version : Nationwide Children’s Hospital 200 at Mid-Ohio

mueber
07-29-14, 08:21 PM
I'm thinking of going since it's been awhile since I've been to Mid-Ohio. I can't help but think it will be a lot of teams trying to figure out road racing when they'd rather be at Charlotte. Do you think it will be worth going?

Rus'L
07-30-14, 09:41 AM
I'm thinking of going since it's been awhile since I've been to Mid-Ohio. I can't help but think it will be a lot of teams trying to figure out road racing when they'd rather be at Charlotte. Do you think it will be worth going?

The Trans-Am race should be excellent...

NismoZ
08-04-14, 11:33 PM
The Trans-Am race should be excellent...

So was the IndyCar race.

mueber
08-06-14, 09:15 AM
So was the IndyCar race.

It may speak to pettiness on my part, but when I woke up Sunday morning, I thought, "It's a lovely day to go to Mid-Ohio, and if something other than the Gomer League was running, I would." I saw a little of a YT clip yesterday and was surprised at the number of people there, but I wasn't, and that isn't gonna change any time soon.

My hope is that MO gets an IMSA date.

mapguy
08-06-14, 06:21 PM
I saw a little of a YT clip yesterday and was surprised at the number of people there,

Honda family picnic.

chop456
08-07-14, 01:22 AM
Honda family picnic.

Exactly. Nobody travels to watch this garbage. Nobody. There were maybe 20 tents in the campgrounds where they used to be stacked on top of one another.

Just end the embarrassment.

NismoZ
08-07-14, 08:42 AM
Hmmm...so,you were THERE, then...to make that observation!?:p RA this weekend?

SteveH
08-07-14, 09:03 AM
Exactly. Nobody travels to watch this garbage. Nobody. There were maybe 20 tents in the campgrounds where they used to be stacked on top of one another.

Just end the embarrassment.

With a rating of .25 nobody watches it at home, either.

chop456
08-07-14, 09:05 AM
Hmmm...so,you were THERE, then...to make that observation!?:p RA this weekend?

LOL. Feel free to kill me if you ever see me at an earl race. A friend sent me a screen cap from the broadcast with the camping area in the background. "Look at where we used to camp". Deserted.

Can't make RA this weekend. Would like to catch up someday, L.

mueber
08-07-14, 01:29 PM
LOL. Feel free to kill me if you ever see me at an earl race. A friend sent me a screen cap from the broadcast with the camping area in the background. "Look at where we used to camp". Deserted.

Can't make RA this weekend. Would like to catch up someday, L.

Assuming Mid-Ohio doesn't make it onto the IMSA calendar for 2015, I'm taking time off to go to RA for the weekend there. I should have done it this year.

Easy
08-08-14, 03:55 AM
I watched and still pay attention but why? Posting for a friend.

mueber
08-11-14, 09:05 AM
Assuming Mid-Ohio doesn't make it onto the IMSA calendar for 2015, I'm taking time off to go to RA for the weekend there. I should have done it this year.

Of course if NASCAR/IMSA were on top of things, they'd run the IMSA race on the Sunday after the NASCAR race.

Rus'L
08-11-14, 10:58 AM

IMSA announced their 2015 schedule. Still no Mid-Ohio. Lime Rock is back with just PC and GTD. Kansas and Indy are gone.

mueber
08-19-14, 08:20 PM
IMSA announced their 2015 schedule. Still no Mid-Ohio. Lime Rock is back with just PC and GTD. Kansas and Indy are gone.

Rats. With Gomerville gone, you'd think another Midwestern stop would be in order.

For what it is worth, I decided to go to Mid-Ohio, and I had a better time than I ever thought I would. Might have to go again next year.