PDA

View Full Version : Rossi to Marussia

Easy
07-24-14, 10:31 PM
I'd call it a clear step up. Moves from 4th driver to official 3rd driver (John Booth says that Rossi will deputize if Bianchi or Chilton have to miss a GP). At this point, Marussia looks like McLaren compared to Caterham. And of course, you could speculate about the Marussia/Ferrari tie in and the likely Haas/Ferrari tie in...

Smart move for Rossi. Look forward to seeing how he stacks up with Bianchi in an F1 car.

WickerBill
07-25-14, 07:12 AM
It's crazy, but he's 22 and he had to make this move to ever get a chance. If he's still a 3rd or 4th driver at 25, he's done.

I'm guessing, like you, that he'll be put alongside a vet at Haas. Button / Rossi, maybe.

Easy
07-25-14, 09:35 PM
It's crazy, but he's 22 and he had to make this move to ever get a chance. If he's still a 3rd or 4th driver at 25, he's done.

I'm guessing, like you, that he'll be put alongside a vet at Haas. Button / Rossi, maybe.

Despite all the years in bad cars, Button has never been in a small team (ironically, BrawnGP was likely the smallest) and probably wouldn't bother at this point. Adrian Sutil on the other hand...