PDA

View Full Version : I know nobody here watched, but ...

Ed_Severson
06-28-14, 07:50 PM
... I just got my first career win. :gomer:

swift
06-28-14, 08:21 PM
Congrats to You, Carlos, Dale & the team. Good job keeping the Penske and Ganassi cars in your mirrors for the last 20 laps! :thumbup:

G.
06-28-14, 09:03 PM
Congratulations! :thumbup:

It's fun going to the winners circle (for a little while, anyway).

I had the race on, and there were some outright amateur moves that were hilarious, but I have come to the conclusion that having PT and whoever those other guys were, makes one helluva difference!

I believe the kid recorded the race. I will probably watch it (I only saw bits and pieces). I don't think I've ever stated that before.

What was the order?
"Eggs" Huevos, FatBoya, and that Malcolm kid, right? :gomer:

Kiwifan
06-28-14, 09:05 PM
Didn't even know it was on Ed to be honest. I've only ever sat down to watch one race since the demise of CART/Champ Car and that ended in tears all round. (Vegas.)

Having said that you've always been a good bugger so a big Congrats to you and The Team. I don't have a problem with the drivers or crew just the management and car designers. :flaming:

Take care mate and may it be the first of many for you.

TravelGal
06-28-14, 09:21 PM
Having said that you've always been a good bugger so a big Congrats to you and The Team. I don't have a problem with the drivers or crew just the management and car designers. :flaming:

Take care mate and may it be the first of many for you.

KiwiFan: I couldn't have said it better. Ed: For once I don't mind a spoiler. I so happy for you. I won't be home from my week with TravelMom until the 4th but I look forward to seeing the race then. :thumbup:

opinionated ow
06-28-14, 11:47 PM
KiwiFan: I couldn't have said it better. Ed: For once I don't mind a spoiler. I so happy for you. I won't be home from my week with TravelMom until the 4th but I look forward to seeing the race then. :thumbup:

Let me third that. Good for you Ed. It's just tragic that you've achieved this when the series is so invisible.

cameraman
06-29-14, 01:53 AM
Congrats. You deserve the win. An all Columbian podium? The Columbians I watched pretty much dominated the game too:D

cameraman
06-29-14, 10:10 AM
Seems the race ended under yellow because of this amazing bit of driving behind the pacecar:gomer:

Vj_jI4a-fV4

Looks like it was a wet race on concrete…

8G0aUf5aHIY

oy vey

eELY3oMnYMQ

edit for adding and interview with the boss

mlsViE6tYDU

pfc_m_drake
06-29-14, 12:50 PM
I didn't know you were working for Dale now! That's awesome.
I'm really happy for you guys!!! :)

SteveH
06-29-14, 01:10 PM
I'm always happy when Dale wins. Congrats Ed.

TedN
06-29-14, 07:11 PM
I really enjoyed today's race. Continue to be impressed with PT commentary in the booth. He points out lots of of technical explanations for car behaviour. Way better than ABC crew.

Note to NBC guys in the booth .... ditch the jackets and ties. It summer for goodness sake.

Ted

TKGAngel
06-29-14, 07:55 PM
Congrats Ed!

Helio's interpretation of his collision with SeaBass in today's race was entertaining. Of course it was Bourdais fault that Helio didn't check his mirrors before diving in front of Bourdais to try and pass the car that was in front of Helio. :roll eyes:

Ed_Severson
07-01-14, 11:11 AM
Thanks guys. It was a particularly satisfying win for me since fuel strategy (my responsibility) was a big part of it, and it was nice that near the end of the race we drove away from Penske, Ganassi, and Andretti. Sunday sure did suck, though ... sometimes you come back to earth pretty quickly in motorsports.

Dale has been a pretty good guy to work for so far. It gets a bit frustrating at times that we don't have the same level of resources as a lot of our competitors, but he's one of the few honest people left in the paddock as far as I can tell, and he treats us pretty well. I just wish he'd move the team to Indy so I could sleep in my own bed every once in a while. :gomer:

Wheel-Nut
07-01-14, 11:29 AM
Ole Samm'ich wasn't at a loss for words. :laugh:

Andrew Longman
07-01-14, 06:49 PM
Congrats Ed. It must feel great. :D

And I did too watch. Both races. Pretty entertaining. Pretty great in fact IMO.

And I feel great for Coyne and company. And other little guys Schmidt and KV showed up well too. That was fun.

FWIW the series IS producing decent racing thru a formula that puts a premium on a driver not making mistakes (or fewer that others) while going faster than others. Bumpy, tight, unforgiving, fast tracks are a part of it. Tough cars are another part. They need improving but they still are entertaining and tough to win with. e.g., Power was a hot mess after the Sunday race. He looked like he would puke and pass out. It wasn't too easy for him.

Mary
07-01-14, 07:57 PM
Congratulations Ed!

Mary

JoeBob
07-02-14, 03:12 PM
Congrats!

It's a good thing the rule book doesn't mean much over there. :)

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/105003-indycar-coyne-penalized-after-houston-race-1-victory

Ed_Severson
07-02-14, 05:50 PM
I think they would find the rule book to be quite a bit more meaningful if IndyCar could measure something twice and get the same result or if Dallara could build parts that match the dimensions outlined in the regulations.

TravelGal
07-02-14, 10:21 PM
I think they would find the rule book to be quite a bit more meaningful if IndyCar could measure something twice and get the same result or if Dallara could build parts that match the dimensions outlined in the regulations.

I feel for you. What a crock. I read the description, I won't even call it an explanation, and just :shakehead:

Rogue Leader
07-09-14, 10:47 PM
Congrats Ed!

Napoleon
07-14-14, 03:43 PM
:thumbup:

JohnHKart
07-15-14, 10:45 PM
Awesome Ed!!!!!! I've been enjoying the races this year.