PDA

View Full Version : Formule E? More like Formula Pathetic

opinionated ow
06-26-14, 09:55 AM
As if the world's dreariest motorsport dream wasn't lame enough the CEO of Formula E had this to say in an interview with Australian website www.speedcafe.com

AGAG: We want to make Formula E races very different from anything else. It is a new championship and new technology so we have a chance to define new ideas to the races. First of all the races will be exciting featuring top racing drivers and top cars.

On top of that the race will be interactive in ways never seen before. Fans will be able to send messages on social media to vote for their favourite driver and that driver will receive an extra amount of boost to use during the race. This has never been done before and it will add another element to the racing.

So basically we have Big Brother/American Idol/X Factor masquerading as motorsport. Add that to the compulsory car changes and the vaporware circuits...this thing has Buckley's of ever happening.
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/06/26/cafe-chat-formula-e-ceo-alejandro-agag/

Andrew Longman
06-26-14, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes::shakehead:

Nothing more to say except I would never watch that and as of now don't even see a reason to read another word about it.

Mary
06-26-14, 06:52 PM
Geez, and to think I thought green, white, checkers was bad..

Mary

mapguy
06-26-14, 06:59 PM
Who's footing the bill for this? I haven't seen any teams announcing sponsors. I really should feel sorry for the saps who are going to lose their shirts over this, but I don't.

One of the biggest complaints about the new F1 rules is how much quieter the cars are. Now these geniuses think that silent cars will draw them in? :tony: Sounds like the idea originated from 16th & Georgetown.

I'd be shocked if they made it to the end of their season before pulling the plug.

datachicane
06-26-14, 08:27 PM
Not to dilute the hate, but the local dragstrip has hosted NEDRA EV drags a few times, and they are a total kick in the pants.
Scary power outta those things, crazy sounds and smells. I defy any gearhead to leave without a huge grin.

opinionated ow
06-27-14, 02:57 AM
Not to dilute the hate, but the local dragstrip has hosted NEDRA EV drags a few times, and they are a total kick in the pants.
Scary power outta those things, crazy sounds and smells. I defy any gearhead to leave without a huge grin.

To be fair they're not a spec series engaging in artifice to make the "show" more exciting.

Rus'L
06-27-14, 10:31 AM
Holy cr*p! It's worst than the XFL.

opinionated ow
06-27-14, 10:51 AM
News today has Katherine Legge signing on to race for Super Happy Best-Friends Racing Team. I guess she'll win the popularity vote and get the bonus power on the basis of being the hottest.

cameraman
06-27-14, 10:57 AM
News today has Katherine Legge signing on to race for Super Happy Best-Friends Racing Team. I guess she'll win the popularity vote and get the bonus power on the basis of being the hottest.

Given that she has found people to pay her to drive for the last few years, I'd say good for her.

cameraman
07-03-14, 10:50 PM
And here is the first full practice session for Formula E.

Sebastien Buemi, e.dams-Renault, 1:35.475
Lucas di Grassi, Audi Sport ABT, +0.537
Sam Bird, Virgin Racing, +0.895
Bruno Senna, Mahindra Racing, +0.910
Stephane Sarrazin, Venturi, +1.223
Nicolas Prost, e.dams-Renault, +1.232
Jarno Trulli, Trulli, +1.494
Daniel Abt, Audi Sport ABT, +1.737
Jaime Alguersuari, Virgin Racing, +1.970
Karun Chandhok, Mahindra Racing, +2.057
Franck Montagny, Andretti Autosport, +2.587
Antonio Felix da Costa, Amlin Aguri, +2.604
Jerome d’Ambrosio, China Racing, +2.611
Antonio Garcia, China Racing, +2.729
Nick Heidfeld, Venturi, +5.269
Mike Conway, Dragon Racing, +5.693
Gil de Ferran, Andretti Autosport, +9.497
Scott Speed, Andretti Autosport, +10.434
Katherine Legge, Amlin Aguri, +12.821
Michela Cerruti, Trulli, No time set

Gil de Ferran? And Katherine Legge was 10 seconds off her teammate Antonio Felix da Costa.

opinionated ow
07-04-14, 02:01 AM
They put in a fake chicane after the Old Hairpin. Even still that's not going to be worth the significant time gaps to these lap records on the Grand Prix circuit (if they were on the national circuit they're even more of an embarrassment).

1:10.458 Formula 1
1:16.952 Group C
1:17.07 AutoGP
1:20.756 LMP1
1:21.336 LMP2
1:25.735 Radical SR8
1:27.676 MotoGP
1:27.93 Formula 3
1:28.023 GT3 Sports Cars
1:31.73 (New) Formula Ford
1:33.223 (Traditional Formula Ford)
1:37.380 WTCC

G.
07-04-14, 12:01 PM
Apparently, it was wet. I don't know if those times posted were for wet, or if it dried out sometime during the test.

Voting is open for Fanboost!!!! Enter your vote now!

They don't have all drivers available for voting, as far as I can tell, but I don't fell like looking much further. :laugh:

They even out the odds by posting a rather unfortunate pic of Kat. ;)

vote early, vote often (http://fanboost.fiaformulae.com/#)

They don't tell the teams who winned the popular contest until 20 mins before the race.

I now know far more than I expected to know about F-E.
And yes, I have to watch, at least once.

Easy
07-07-14, 01:37 AM
Who's footing the bill for this? I haven't seen any teams announcing sponsors. I really should feel sorry for the saps who are going to lose their shirts over this, but I don't.

One of the biggest complaints about the new F1 rules is how much quieter the cars are. Now these geniuses think that silent cars will draw them in? :tony: Sounds like the idea originated from 16th & Georgetown.

I'd be shocked if they made it to the end of their season before pulling the plug.

Google Alejandro Agag. They'll see the end of as many seasons as he remains interested.

Rogue Leader
07-09-14, 10:36 PM
And here is the first full practice session for Formula E.

Gil de Ferran? And Katherine Legge was 10 seconds off her teammate Antonio Felix da Costa.

Couple decent names and a whos who of washed up F1 drivers....