PDA

View Full Version : question about security clearance

G.
06-10-14, 04:48 PM
Anyone here have a sec. clear. for their job, that is willing to chat about the PROCESS of obtaining it? I have some general questions, and certainly won't ask about what you do. It's not about you, it's all about me. :gomer:

I have a change in my future...

PM me, please.

(or, anyone that has failed a check, and cares to admit it. :( )

datachicane
06-10-14, 05:15 PM
Check your inbox.

devilmaster
06-10-14, 05:55 PM
Ask me in a pm if you like... used to have military TS.. try and answer what I can

KLang
06-10-14, 06:21 PM
About five years ago when I was an IT guy I had to get some kind of clearance because we had custody of some of the census data for a time. No idea if it is similar to what you are facing G but ask away. I remember a very long tedious form and personal visit and interview.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD

TravelGal
06-10-14, 07:29 PM
I've never had one but I've been interviewed a few times by burly men investigating someone else. Dark eye shades, the whole 9 yards.

trish
06-10-14, 07:42 PM
A friend of the family had to get clearance for the FBI. I believed they investigated things like who she associated with and they may have interviewed some people who knew her.

pfc_m_drake
06-10-14, 09:10 PM
I have one.
Shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it and I'll help if I can.

Insomniac
06-10-14, 11:19 PM
Looks like people here have the bases covered, but just in case I can answer questions about the process for SCI and TS/SCI.

nissan gtp
06-11-14, 04:42 PM
with all the clearances here, we could have an actual secret forum :laugh:

Kiwifan
06-11-14, 09:38 PM
with all the clearances here, we could have an actual secret forum :laugh:

You mean we don't?? For years I have been posting in what I "thought" was the secret forum and although I never had any replies or saw anyone else post I always "thought" someone was reading my stuff. :D

TravelGal
06-12-14, 01:17 AM
You mean we don't?? For years I have been posting in what I "thought" was the secret forum and although I never had any replies or saw anyone else post I always "thought" someone was reading my stuff. :D

You have us mixed up with that other one. Remember that conflagration? The secret forum Spikkly outed? I always wondered about that....

Kiwifan
06-12-14, 01:31 AM
You have us mixed up with that other one. Remember that conflagration? The secret forum Spikkly outed? I always wondered about that....

Nah, I remember that one, it was always WAY above me what went on there, I just used to like posting about Champ Cars.

*cough* Post above was more a dig at the N*S*A and our GCSB. Heck I'm old enough to remember reading George Orwell's 1984 back in High School. If memory serves me right it was required reading at the time. How things change! ;) :cool:

TrueBrit
06-18-14, 01:52 PM
*cough* Post above was more a dig at the N*S*A and our GCSB. Heck I'm old enough to remember reading George Orwell's 1984 back in High School. If memory serves me right it was required reading at the time. How things change! ;) :cool:

Me too...who knew it would be used as an instruction manual rather than rather far-fetched fiction...:(

Kiwifan
06-18-14, 07:03 PM
Me too...who knew it would be used as an instruction manual rather than rather far-fetched fiction...:(

Coincidently there was a doco on TV last night before the League started showing how the cameras were working in London and some other British cities. I can see why they monitor the city centres, the amount of violence was eye opening for this Kiwi and I do know it's a world wide problem. I can't believe the number of people kicking others when they were on the ground. Frightening....

Maybe we have brought it on ourselves. Sigh.