PDA

View Full Version : HOLY CR...!

NismoZ
06-01-14, 01:33 PM
Taking a noon break from yard work...checking out the start at Dover. Man, #1, the sun reflecting off the bare aluminum is blinding! #2, Kyle Busch going for THREE in one weekend!? He may be a jerk but I think he may be the fastest driver in NASCAB? OK, wow, lap 11 and no yellows...time to get back to my, uh, "landscaping"...:laugh: Next break? Detroit...pretty good show yesterday with TUSCC and IndyCar. Anyone besides me think Power should have gotten more than a simple warning for the MULTIPLE times he "moved over" in front of people? Knocked one guy right into the wall..."just racing?" :irked: Hmmm...Kyle has led 10,000 laps in NASCAB...youngest ever, 15th all-time. Later, race fans!:thumbup:

Mary
06-01-14, 05:13 PM
I think some of the distance cousins of IndyCar fans are showing up at cab races.;)

Mary

I meant "distant" and no, I was not mood-altered. Maybe I should have been.

NismoZ
06-01-14, 06:32 PM
Not many of 'em! I guess enforcing the rule against throwing bottles onto the track has kept large numbers away. Was it Jeff Gordon that said he wasn't too upset when a 'CAB fan heaved a can at him...because it was a PEPSI!? I think he said the guy was just showing his support! Nice.

Winston Wolfe
06-01-14, 07:13 PM
Tons of aluminum out there at Dover today... they also have HUGE banners in the middle of both turns and whole sections closed at the top level.... Looks like the bloom is off the rose with cab racing too....
Virtually NO ONE on Belle Isle this weekend either, for any of the races.... Guess there is just too much to do besides go to the races ?

Tifosi24
06-01-14, 09:38 PM
Tons of aluminum out there at Dover today... they also have HUGE banners in the middle of both turns and whole sections closed at the top level.... Looks like the bloom is off the rose with cab racing too....
Virtually NO ONE on Belle Isle this weekend either, for any of the races.... Guess there is just too much to do besides go to the races ?

I would say that the rose is off of most racing at this time. Nascar has been on a slow burn for a while and with the removal of large grandstands at Michigan, the tracks know what is going on too. My uncle is a big stock car guy, and my old neighbors are too, and they have complained on several times about the ticket prices for Nascar events. To look at where racing has gone, look no further than the WRC, it has completely fallen off the radar of popularity, and there are even questions about its survival. I couldn't have imagined that 10 years ago.

nrc
06-01-14, 11:58 PM
I've noticed that my cab following friends and family members seem to treat it more like baseball these days - watch the big races and just check the results on everything else.