PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Le Mans

Gnam
05-30-14, 11:56 AM
Know your 2014 Le Mans 24 schedule of events:

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/program/program_2_2_1736/20140611.html

cameraman
05-30-14, 12:56 PM
"The 24 Hours of Le Mans takes part on June 14-15, with live coverage on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2."

But if you actually want to know the exact times and channels, well **** you we won't tell you that in advance.:irked:

I'm surprised that they have concerts during the race.

rosawendel
05-30-14, 06:13 PM
My fave pre-race photo from Audi to Porsche:
http://www.dailysportscar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/audi-le-mans-ad.png

NismoZ
06-02-14, 11:50 AM
Odds on a Toyota win? I guess UGLY doesn't mean slow!

Rus'L
06-02-14, 03:18 PM
"The 24 Hours of Le Mans takes part on June 14-15, with live coverage on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2."

But if you actually want to know the exact times and channels, well **** you we won't tell you that in advance.:irked:

When F1 moved from Speed, now FS1, I lowered my cable package to save money since NBCSN is on my basic package. Thus, I don't get FS1 anymore (and I would not have gotten FS2 anyway, since that's on a special premium sports package), so it doesn't matter to me...

Though, I knew of all things I would miss out on FS1, Le Mans was going to be the one that I would miss most (at least with the Tudor series, I can catch them all online later one; but watching a 24-hour race later on, doesn't make any sense).

during the race.

They have a freaking carnival during the race! :eek:

Rus'L
06-02-14, 03:18 PM
Odds on a Toyota win? I guess UGLY doesn't mean slow!

I'm going with experience -- Audi.

NismoZ
06-04-14, 11:03 AM
:eek:Watching a 24 hour ANYthing doesn't make sense! Seriously...how many hours DO you actually watch? Perhaps you have a Ferris Wheel in your back yard to keep your blood circulating?

Rus'L
06-04-14, 11:36 AM
:eek:Watching a 24 hour ANYthing doesn't make sense! Seriously...how many hours DO you actually watch? Perhaps you have a Ferris Wheel in your back yard to keep your blood circulating?

Well, true ... it's just that when a 24-hour race is on, I check in whenever I have the time. Once it's over, I would never go back and "check in" to an online replay.

BTW, I happened to be scanning through my cable box last night, and discovered I still get FS1 ... when I'm not supposed to. Well, I'm not telling my cable company. And they are billing me correctly.

NismoZ
06-04-14, 10:40 PM
:thumbup:Enjoy

cameraman
06-09-14, 03:50 PM
Why can't we have things like this in the US?

_3u_14CXSDg

Instead we get black latex & milk:shakehead:

Gnam
06-09-14, 05:38 PM
Instead we get black latex & milk:shakehead:
What chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

cameraman
06-09-14, 05:51 PM
You telling me you missed out on the Indy 500 preshow bsdm fetish video?

SteveH
06-09-14, 06:47 PM
What chu talkin' 'bout Willis?

http://i59.tinypic.com/293ggvl.jpg

Gnam
06-09-14, 06:50 PM
:laugh: Dang. The Audi commercial was WAY better.

cameraman
06-11-14, 12:01 PM
Not good.

This is Loic Duval in the #1 Audi R18 e-tron at the Porsche Curves

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp2_tRICQAEJT59.jpg:large

Don't know anymore at the moment

cameraman
06-11-14, 12:03 PM
The crash took place at the exit of the Porsche Curves. Audi's Dr. Ullrich has revealed that he is conscious and talking after being extracted from the Audi and taken away in an ambulance.

Take a look at the fence.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3GPaiIUAEjya0.jpg:large

He got gratered...

pfc_m_drake
06-11-14, 02:05 PM
Holy crap. Thankfully he's conscious and talking.

Gnam
06-11-14, 02:17 PM
Holy crap. Thankfully he's conscious and talking.
+1 :thumbup:

Looks like an airplane crash site.

TrueBrit
06-11-14, 02:56 PM
I don't think that's just going to buff out....

Glad he's okay...done for the event though...that are the other drivers going to do...can they use a new chassis, or are they going to have to try and repair that one if they want to run three cars this weekend?

cameraman
06-11-14, 03:53 PM
The way the rules are written they can bring a new car if they need to but the real question is do they have one or the parts to create one? If they do build another will they then have any spare parts left for the other two? Who knows.

Gnam
06-11-14, 04:13 PM
Any word on the cause for the wreck: Traffic, mechanical failure, driver error?

TedN
06-11-14, 06:59 PM
Duval's team reported on Twitter that Duval was "unhurt apart from two grazes to the skin." It was uncertain Wednesday evening whether Duval would be cleared to compete in Saturday's race.

Source (http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/motor/2014/06/11/24-hours-of-le-mans-practice-loic-duval-audi-crash/10326329/)

Ted

Tifosi24
06-11-14, 09:17 PM
I don't feel like wasting a view, but Autosport is reporting that doctors have ruled Duval out of the race. I don't know if it is a head injury, but there was a still photo of the impact and it looked a lot like Wheldon's accident at Las Vegas. Luckily, Loic is still with us.

Rus'L
06-12-14, 11:44 AM
The way the rules are written they can bring a new car if they need to but the real question is do they have one or the parts to create one? If they do build another will they then have any spare parts left for the other two? Who knows.

From racer.com:

The #1 Audi, which Duval was due to share with Tom Kristensen and Lucas di Grassi, is being built up around a new monocoque. McNish reported that at 8:30am this morning, the car "looked to be in exactly the same stage of preparation as the other two cars."

Audi has been given dispensation by the race stewards to recall test and reserve driver Gene from the Jota Sport Zytek LMP2 team and place him alongside Kristensen and di Grassi in the #1 car.

cameraman
06-12-14, 01:02 PM
http://cdn.images.autosport.com/editorial/1402572129.jpg

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp3GPaiIUAEjya0.jpg:large

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp8CW-cIIAALhKl.jpg:large

And less than a day later it is back to scrutineering for the completely rebuilt car.

Rus'L
06-12-14, 03:07 PM
And less than a day later it is back to scrutineering for the completely rebuilt car.

But more problems with the #1 car today. From racer.com notebook:

The in car camera shows the No. 1 Audi making contact with the wall after spinning on the exit of Indianapolis. The damage was not so severe as to prevent the car from continuing, which it did.

As he drove back slowly to the pit lane, the final fast segment had the No. 29 Pegasus Racing machine coming on quickly; Di Grassi driving the Audi seemed to move right, then left and the 29 LM P2 took to the grass to avoid the slower Audi. The blue Pegasus Morgan went for a wild ride, bucking on the grass before being shot back across the track and right into the wall.

The driver emerged quickly from the car, and nearly just as quickly, the race organizors issued a demand on the timing screens that the driver of the No. 1 car report to race control immediately.

cameraman
06-12-14, 04:51 PM
Makes you wonder if any of these cars is going to last 24 hours given the rate of spin/slide offs:saywhat:

NismoZ
06-14-14, 09:28 AM
The Garage 56 entry already stopped on track. Zero emissions now, for sure! Lasted 25 min.

NismoZ
06-14-14, 09:36 AM
The in-car with Jan in the 73 Corvette is very interesting. Each time he tries to pass Bruni for the GT lead the Ferrari just cruises over in front of him. Very good fight! [www.foxsports.com/corvette....Oooo, nice pass for the lead, Jan...watching him race the open track in front now isn't AS fun, but watching P1s shoot past is sort of eye-opening!

cameraman
06-14-14, 11:11 PM
So much for the Toyota, dead out on the course in a pull off.

Gnam
06-15-14, 01:52 AM
When will the other teams learn to follow Audi's example and run three cars?
Even the Racing Gods can't smite three Audis. What chance does Toyota have?

nissan gtp
06-15-14, 09:56 AM
Great race this year -- completion was fierce, and the technology is fantastic.

Makes the Tudor Series look like a parody of the real thing.

cameraman
06-15-14, 01:13 PM
That the Audi crews could swap out hot turbos in 20 minutes is nothing short of amazing.

Andrew Longman
06-15-14, 02:25 PM
That the Audi crews could swap out hot turbos in 20 minutes is nothing short of amazing.Yes, but they probably practiced it 50, which is even more amazing.

I find the thing I may enjoy most about LeMans is watching crews do amazing stuff in the middle of the night to put a car back in a place for a podium or better finish.

TrueBrit
06-16-14, 01:22 PM
Great race this year -- completion was fierce, and the technology is fantastic.

Makes the Tudor Series look like a parody of the real thing.

Right?

Mary
06-16-14, 09:08 PM
I was watching this on Sunday morning on Fox Sports 1 when they suddenly switched to a motorcycle race. Varsha said coverage would continue on Fox Sports 2. Well, guess what? I don't have Fox Sports 2, it is part of a premium sports package that I have no bloody intention of buying. The coverage returned to Fox Sports 1 later on, but when I turned, they were in a last lap that looked to be under yellow and some engineer was telling them to make a cool down lap afterward.:flaming::mad:

You can only imagine where I told Fox Sports every-stinkin-number to go and what they could do when they got there. I haven't been so annoyed since Time Warner decided to reboot my cable box during the OT of the Spurs v. Thunder game on 5/31. By the time it finished, the game was over!!!! Maybe I should just give up sports?:rolleyes:

Mary

DagoFast
06-17-14, 01:22 AM
Nah, just give up the cable TV portion of your bundle and start online streaming your sports. :thumbup:

Rus'L
06-17-14, 12:23 PM
Nah, just give up the cable TV portion of your bundle and start online streaming your sports. :thumbup:

Which sites do you go to? I once found one that was really good for the NFL, but not anymore, and I have not been able to find any that aren't scam sites, especially for racing.

Elmo T
06-17-14, 02:07 PM

Or the streaming needs a cable logon and password.

TravelGal
06-17-14, 02:59 PM
Or the streaming needs a cable logon and password.

That's our problem.

DagoFast
06-18-14, 12:25 AM
These are the 2 I use the most. Both are free. Do NOT download any apps or executable files. It is NOT necessary. Simply pick the sport, then the event and go down to the 1st or second links (usually called alpha & beta) and click on the links. You will need to have Flash installed.

http://www.vipboxus.co

http://gofirstrowus.eu

Very rarely, but sometimes, you need to spoof a site in to thinking you are outside the US. For this I use the Chrome browser with the Hola! extension installed and then tell it I'm in the UK. This allows you to view BBC, Sky Sports, ect.

The feeds are always live, so plan on getting up early for euro rounds or staying up late for pacific rim rounds. I have seen an occasional replay here or there, but it's pure serendipity if you find one.

For the $100 bucks a month I'm saving on my cable bill, it would be easy to justify buying the MotoGP & WSBK video passes, but this free stuff has been good enough so far.

The Fam has been quite content with Netflix, Amazon Prime & Hulu. The kids also surf YouTube, Vine & others.

YMMV