PDA

View Full Version : I really wanted to see Carpenter win

gjc2
05-25-14, 02:43 PM
Risking being banned from OC, I have to say I really wanted to see Carpenter win.

trish
05-25-14, 03:18 PM
Not me. Just glad it wasn't Marco or Helio. Excited for Ryan. :D

nissan gtp
05-25-14, 03:30 PM
nice to have an ex-Champ Car guy win it.

mapguy
05-25-14, 06:48 PM
Tony George's step son? Srsly? The only race I want to see him win is a drag race off a cliff.

gjc2
05-25-14, 07:23 PM
Tony George's step son? Srsly? The only race I want to see him win is a drag race off a cliff.

It's not his fault TG married his mother.

Andrew Longman
05-25-14, 10:51 PM
nice to have an ex-Champ Car guy win it.
Again. Hee hee:D

stroker
05-25-14, 10:56 PM
Next year can we submit an entry in JPM's Grandmother's name?

JohnHKart
05-27-14, 02:19 AM
Great race . Just watched it. Ready to put my fist through the tv. Showing the cars in a small box and the wives/moms / girlfriends in a bigger box is inexcusable. Show the goddamn race !!!! Never done in F1- Bernie would send the directors to the bottom of the Thames. F###!

gjc2
05-27-14, 06:42 AM
Showing the cars in a small box and the wives/moms / girlfriends in a bigger box

That drives me nuts too.

cameraman
05-27-14, 12:19 PM
Great race . Just watched it. Ready to put my fist through the tv. Showing the cars in a small box and the wives/moms / girlfriends in a bigger box is inexcusable. Show the goddamn race !!!! Never done in F1- Bernie would send the directors to the bottom of the Thames. F###!

Since Ashley wasn't there this year who was the target? Were there hats/small dogs involved?

JohnHKart
05-27-14, 01:05 PM
Beccy Gordon. Ryan's wife.

Racing Truth
05-27-14, 01:45 PM

Yep, it's an ABC "tradition unlike any other": Obsessing over the WAGs. H=ll, it's why they missed the key moment (T1, Lap 200) in '82.

Dvdb
05-27-14, 07:33 PM
Ahh, yes. The former Mrs. Mikey and her sombrero, Mrs. Emmo and her ridiculous finger wave......

gjc2
05-27-14, 07:46 PM
Ahh, yes. The former Mrs. Mikey and her sombrero, Mrs. Emmo and her ridiculous finger wave......

I was thinking exactly of that, Sandy and that hat.

I think it's because most of the TV production people don't have an appreciation for motorsports and they think those wife pictures add drama. What's more dramatic than two cars going wheel to wheel at 220 mph? I say nothing.

I have to give Indy Car, or the IRL or whatever they call themselves credit for the red flag. I hate seeing a finish under yellow.

And last, I loved the first 149 laps caution free, I would have loved to see the race green all the way.

Dvdb
05-27-14, 07:51 PM
I thought the race was a bit boring, in a spec racing way. I did find myself tracking JPM after his drive thru penalty and his racing back to the leaders.

Misses the pit limiter because he was taking a tear away off???

JohnHKart
05-27-14, 08:35 PM
Autoblog and other sites, linked in the article also now commenting on the coverage ruining the finish.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/05/27/abc-ruined-indy-500-finish-for-viewers/

SteveH
05-27-14, 08:59 PM
I have to give Indy Car, or the IRL or whatever they call themselves credit for the red flag. I hate seeing a finish under yellow.

I'm conflicted on the red flag. If it were thrown solely to insure the potential of a green flag finish, then no. If it were thrown because the wall needed repair, I'm fine with it. However, I've not seen any evidence that race control knew the wall needed repair at the time of the red flag. Anyone know?

Of course, I don't care for restarts when a car stalls on the course and prefer F1 awarding points for the first six positions only. :dyingbreed:

chop456
05-28-14, 01:37 AM
Anyone who wastes a beautiful day watching that garbage deserves to be disappointed. :D

nrc
05-28-14, 12:48 PM
Some friends of ours discovered "IndyCar" post "merger" through a sponsorship association with RHR's car. They were thrilled and got to be there for the victory celebration. It really is a battle not to crap 20 years of bitterness all over their excitement. We're happy for them and RHR.

TravelGal
06-01-14, 06:51 PM
We were away, earning the "Travel" designation, so we're just catching up on DVR's. Saw that California Chrome won the Preakness :) then watched the fihunnert. Best moment: After Helio got the caution, announcers talking among themselves about how many a driver can get. I swear on of them said, "Seven?" Joking, I know, but I laughed for 3 laps before I fell asleep. So glad anyone but Helio won.

Rus'L
06-02-14, 03:17 PM
We were away, earning the "Travel" designation, so we're just catching up on DVR's. Saw that California Chrome won the Preakness :) then watched the fihunnert. Best moment: After Helio got the caution, announcers talking among themselves about how many a driver can get. I swear on of them said, "Seven?" Joking, I know, but I laughed for 3 laps before I fell asleep. So glad anyone but Helio won.

They did say "Seven."