PDA

View Full Version : You guys will like this....

stroker
05-21-14, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4oG46gdZ6M&feature=youtu.be

cameraman
05-21-14, 09:20 PM
Ah, that's the Pro Mazda Championship presented by Cooper Tires, ex-Star Mazda.

stroker
05-21-14, 09:28 PM
drat. I figured it was Lites.

Andrew Longman
05-21-14, 10:38 PM
Well (well, well), I liked this: http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/indycar/video-james-hinchcliffe-takes-on-derek-daly :D

Gnam
05-22-14, 02:30 AM
I did like it. :thumbup:

Mary
05-23-14, 03:32 PM
Well (well, well), I liked this: http://www.theindychannel.com/sports/indycar/video-james-hinchcliffe-takes-on-derek-daly :D

He did a good job as Derek, LOL. I'll admit I'm curious about JV & JPM at Mindy, but it won't make me watch it. I am looking forward to Monaco.

Mary

Andrew Longman
05-23-14, 04:48 PM
I thought hinch (or Derek), TK and Robin all did a great job of spoofing up the whole Indy is king thing and in a way the gomers will think they are serious.

I'll watch. I always do. It is often a good race and it is still the fastest thing around. I even appreciate some of what they call history. I just will never accept the self proclaimed royalty and hangerons who some think they are smarter and more significant than the participants who risk fortune, life and limb to win or the folks who pay to watch it.

I hate arrogance, especially when created through gifted fortune. It pisses me of more than anything.

BTW I love the Super Mario bit too. A lot.:gomer:

Gnam
05-24-14, 02:12 AM
"Canyon of fans"... once upon a time.

I hope Hinchcliffe and Pagenaud avoid the inevitable Ed Carpenter mistake.

devilmaster
05-25-14, 04:34 PM
"Canyon of fans"... once upon a time.

I hope Hinchcliffe and Pagenaud avoid the inevitable Ed Carpenter mistake.

Called it. :)

Elmo T
05-25-14, 05:43 PM
I got home with 8 laps left. Meh.

Not feeling the need to watch the rest.

Andrew Longman
05-25-14, 09:27 PM
Is it just me or something amiss when the fly over for the Indy 500 on Memorial Day is outsourced to a private firm - flying soviet era jets, no less? http://aerobaticteams.net/black-diamond-jet-team.html

I'm sure it is a function of dwindling budgets, over strained military resources, obstructionist congress, and probably a much diminished I500 stature but I can't help but feel a little sad.

And Ed can whine if he wants but he was only in that situation because the two guys behind him were not asleep on the restart as he was - again

gjc2
05-26-14, 07:10 AM
obstructionist congress,

Is it the job of Congress to roll over and play dead?

Andrew Longman
05-26-14, 09:07 AM
Is it the job of Congress to roll over and play dead?I am not going there with ya. ;)

gjc2
05-26-14, 11:02 AM
I am not going there with ya. ;)

Neither am I

NismoZ
05-26-14, 11:31 AM
Seriously...Carpenter was at fault? Wonder why The Hinchtown Mayor apologized, shared blame with the "was it THREE wide?" guy on top, then exonerated Carpenter...100%!? Maybe he was too close to the incident to get a good enough view to be objective and you had a better angle on your TV? Wow...talk about obstructionist...how 'bout self delusional!? See what you want to see and disregard the rest? I saw a HUGE crowd, a safe race, lots of competition, excellent driving, a fabulous finish, a stock car guy in 6th (gee, guess he's a real RACE car driver!?) a US/Canadian juggernaut:thumbup:...I don't know, passing and repassing on the high side, on a low bank turn at about 220mph was entertainment and exciting enough for me...trumped those 30-40 mph corners at Monaco...but, hey, different animals...I enjoyed that too!:) Maybe I'm NOT a TRUE race fan?!:rofl:

Racing Truth
05-26-14, 06:36 PM
Called it. :)

Right, b/c dive-bombing Turn 1 at IMS to make it 3-wide is a sound decision.:gomer:

G.
05-26-14, 09:59 PM
If some of you guys did a Rated "Smacked" podcast to run with a dvr'ed IRL race, then IndyCar would be popular again.

devilmaster
05-26-14, 10:09 PM
:gomer:

Right back atcha gomer... :gomer: :rofl:

Racing Truth
05-27-14, 10:44 AM
Right back atcha gomer... :gomer: :rofl:

Sound counter-argument...

Gnam
05-27-14, 12:42 PM
Is it just me or something amiss when the fly over for the Indy 500 on Memorial Day is outsourced to a private firm - flying soviet era jets, no less? http://aerobaticteams.net/black-diamond-jet-team.html

I'm sure it is a function of dwindling budgets, over strained military resources, obstructionist congress, and probably a much diminished I500 stature but I can't help but feel a little sad.
I saw a news report over the weekend that missing man formations over military funerals are also being handled by private firms.

The local paper trumpeted the close finish of this year's race, which seemed suspicious. Sure enough, a few paragraphs later, the story described the red flag that set up the run to the finish.

Rogue Leader
05-27-14, 01:39 PM
I saw a news report over the weekend that missing man formations over military funerals are also being handled by private firms.

The local paper trumpeted the close finish of this year's race, which seemed suspicious. Sure enough, a few paragraphs later, the story described the red flag that set up the run to the finish.

That is all remnants of the sequestration. The Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds just started flying again this year and on a smaller schedule than normal. You probably won't see military flybys for another couple years as the Navy and Airforce are at some of their lowest levels.

Just went to the Jones beach airshow this year on Sunday and other than the Blue Angels, there was a V-22 Osprey and the Golden Knights. Usually theres an F-18, an F22, an A-10, and other military presence as well. Other than some recruiter trailers and stuff like usual, there was none.