PDA

View Full Version : How do you like you BRATZ?

Wheel-Nut
07-01-03, 11:27 AM
I just bought a new grill and I want to break it in real good this weekend. While at the store I picked up a couple of packages of Johnsonville Bratz and some other stuff, (pork ribs, chicken breasts, ground beef for burgers). Now I could just throw them on the grill and cook them the plain way or I could . . .

What is you favorite way to prepare BRATZ's?

pchall
07-01-03, 12:09 PM
Boiled in beer and onions. Then grilled.

If you boil the brats early, make sure you drain the onions out, dice and then sautée them in a light oil with salt and pepper and add them into the sauerkraut.

Pop a cold one and have fun. :)

JoeBob
07-01-03, 12:28 PM
I've got a butcher shop down the street from me that makes fresh sausage, so those are the brats of choice in my house. These days, I'm grilling them over lump charcoal. Before I had a grill, I'd throw 'em under the broiler in the oven. 12 minutes per side, and they're not bad at all. (After all, a broiler is just an upside down gas grill)

rabbit
07-01-03, 12:30 PM
What pchall said. Mmmmmm.

Wheel-Nut
07-01-03, 02:00 PM
After surfing the web a bit it seems beer and brats are synonamous! I may have a hard time "boiling beer" :cry: but for the sake of the meal I may have to make a sacrifice! I think I saw Lone Star on sale real cheap!!:rofl:

Ankf00
07-01-03, 02:03 PM
yea, what quality beer do you boil these things in? :saywhat:

KLang
07-01-03, 02:07 PM
I usually use the cheap stuff my wife drinks. :)

Turn7
07-01-03, 02:18 PM
Take the brats and feed them to the dog and then go get some Chapel Hill Garlic sausage and eat that.

To me, brats are one of those things that need to stay up north along with slidders.

p.s. If you have an inside dog, you may want to make it an outside dog for 2 days after feeding him those greasy *** Johnsonville brats.

Wheel-Nut
07-01-03, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
Take the brats and feed them to the dog and then go get some Chapel Hill Garlic sausage and eat that. . . .

I know all about Chappell Hill sausage. I wanted to try something different this year for The Fourth. Besides, all that grease should season the new grill real good!!

Turn7
07-01-03, 03:15 PM
What time do you want Ank and I to show up?

Wheel-Nut
07-01-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Turn7
What time do you want Ank and I to show up?

Get there early, y'all can help with the yard work!!

DjDrOmusic
07-01-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Ankf00
yea, what quality beer do you boil these things in? :saywhat:

I've tried cooking with many brands, but the one that seems to work the best and add the most flavor without taking away from the flavor of the food is Milwaukee's Best. Used to make the employees at the local A-B plant crazy when they hear that, but a few of them tried it and agreed.

Ankf00
07-01-03, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Wheel-Nut
Get there early, y'all can help with the yard work!!
Funny enough, that's what happened with a family reunion I went to this summer :)

So, see you there :)

Ankf00
07-01-03, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by DjDrOmusic
I've tried cooking with many brands, but the one that seems to work the best and add the most flavor without taking away from the flavor of the food is Milwaukee's Best. Used to make the employees at the local A-B plant crazy when they hear that, but a few of them tried it and agreed.
the fact that they have loyalty to Beast is disturbing.

pchall
07-01-03, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by rabbit
What pchall said. Mmmmmm. No tenderloin fans here... ;)

Turn7
07-01-03, 11:55 PM
Yes, I love a good tenderloin. Beef however, not that "hammered pigs butt". I like it grilled, about 3 inches thick with some bacon wrapped around it.

And don't forget the ketchup. :)

Foxman
07-02-03, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by pchall
Boiled in beer and onions. Then grilled.

If you boil the brats early, make sure you drain the onions out, dice and then sautée them in a light oil with salt and pepper and add them into the sauerkraut.

Pop a cold one and have fun. :)

PC, you da man. I usually do a mix of water, beer, onions, and green peppers. You all are making me really hungry.

Miljax
07-02-03, 09:29 AM
Never, ever waste good beer that could be used for drinking in the cooking of brats... I use Sharps NA beer. That way I get the taste but do not commit the sin (at least it is considered one in this part of the country)!

Audi_A4
07-02-03, 09:32 AM
I can't believe thats not polish sausage sausage

Turn7
07-02-03, 11:08 AM