PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day!

stroker
05-11-14, 10:03 AM
As time goes on I feel more and more guilty for not doing more to recognize everything that Mom has done for me. She's 86+ and is in failing health--chronic pain and needing to take morphine to get to sleep. I talked to her the other night and I think her mortality is weighing heavily on her. Yet all she wants to do is make sure she can do whatever she can to help her kids before she's gone. Whatever time is remaining is precious and I hope I both appreciate it sufficiently and can help her in some way.

Give 'em a big hug and tell 'em you love 'em while you can.

TravelGal
05-11-14, 11:33 AM
I hear ya. Over the last nearly two years, it has been a struggle to keep TravelMom afloat and in her own home. The most profound thing anyone said to me in the hours of talk about her care was, "She will always be your mother." He meant, she will always want the best for you, no matter what. And that means no matter what that means for her.

I'm here today and she is there because TravelGuy and I are taking a big trip on Tuesday so I couldn't be in Florida with her. All she says is how happy it makes her that TravelGuy and I will have a chance to get away together. Nothing about my missing Mother's Day with her.

She's 100 now so I don't know how many more Mother's Days there will be but she will always be my mother.