PDA

View Full Version : Do They Have A Shot!?

NismoZ
05-03-14, 07:57 PM
Van Overbeek 1st, Dalziel 3rd, Yacaman 4th, and Legge 7th in the final pre-qualifying practice. All within 1 sec. That is about the most encouraging thing I've seen yet in this young TUSCC season. Qualifying live NOW at IMSA.com. Fingers crossed.:)

NismoZ
05-03-14, 09:41 PM
OK, not TOO bad...Van Overbeek gets P1.:thumbup:Dalziel 3rd, Yacaman 4th and Legge 7th. Good ol' Bruno starts P1 in PC with a lap of 1:19.723 only 1.2 off the overall fastest. Jan/Corvette on pole in GTLM. Spencer Pumpelly on pole in GTD in the 'Lizard Audi. The video feed puked halfway through, enjoyed it 'til then.:irked: I predict CONTACT!:\

NismoZ
05-04-14, 01:14 PM
It's RACE TIME!

NismoZ
05-04-14, 06:24 PM
Excellent race 1 with the PCs and GTDs. This dual race Sunday is a great idea and the choice of ridealongs on the IMSA site is a great way to get "up close"! A fairly big delay between the I-Pad and the FS1 broadcast but sometimes you get a preview of what to look for a few seconds later!:cool:

Race 2 is under way and what a fantastic start! Yacaman from 4th to 2nd by taking the outside line around T-1. VERY impressive and a GREAT fight for the lead in the next several laps with Valiente. Yacaman and Sharp 3-4 in the P2s and they are absolutely in the hunt. Fittipaldi got by Yacaman about 30 mins. in and early strategy stops already happening. 1 or 2 stops for the GTLMs? Someone might try to stretch it! Entertaining stuff:thumbup:

NismoZ
05-04-14, 08:00 PM
less than :20 to go. Not stacking up quite the way I'd LIKE but a good race. Fisichella in the lead in the Rissi Ferrari with Garcia RIGHT behind in the #3 Corvette. Tires and Fuel becoming a major factor. Duhhh. Jordan Taylor leads Van Overbeek in P by about, oh 15ft? WHOA! Fisichella swings wide and Garcia takes the Corvette into the GTLM lead! Sweet! Both classes nose-to-tail with 17 min. to go. GOOD race! Whoa, again! Van Overbeek sweeps into the lead as Taylor has a tire pick-up problem. P-2 in the lead with 10 min. To go. NICE! Dang! Just like THAT and I'm happy again! FUEL? ....5 min. Left and Garcia leads Fisi by 3 sec. and Van Overbeek is +6 on Taylor. Now Auberlen passes Fisichella IN the Corkscrew. All this with 2-3 min. left for 3rd in GTLM. I LOVE this class! Holy sh...! Auberlen PASSES Tandy in the last turn for 2nd...IF he doesn't get a penalty. FUN race to watch...and ride in! Caution-free, lots of contact, a P2 and Corvette win on a natural terrain road course. I LIKE it!