PDA

View Full Version : Geez!

NismoZ
04-26-14, 11:25 AM
Andretti in with FIVE cars at Barber!?...one for Francke Montagny. RHR fastest all day yesterday, Bourdais on top so far today. Sorry for the interruption, Barber is one of a few I pay attention to. Been there, liked it.

Easy
04-26-14, 04:07 PM
Andretti in with FIVE cars at Barber!?...one for Francke Montagny. RHR fastest all day yesterday, Bourdais on top so far today. Sorry for the interruption, Barber is one of a few I pay attention to. Been there, liked it.

I thought Montagny was only in for the Indy road course (K Busch 500 car)?

NismoZ
04-27-14, 08:43 PM
yeah, probably right...I really fly by ICR stuff. Guess I was thinking "next" race.

opinionated ow
04-28-14, 12:54 AM
Can't believe they've turned Indycar into such a niche sport that none of us give a bugger these days

TravelGal
04-28-14, 01:28 AM
Can't believe they've turned Indycar into such a niche sport that none of us give a bugger these days

Ain't that the truth? If you'd seen that "race" you'd have proof positive. I can't think of any suitable description that I can put on a family website.

TKGAngel
04-28-14, 12:16 PM
I got a really good laugh out of the extended shot of Dixon adjusting his junk before the race. Could NO ONE in the control booth recognize that Dixon was having a bit of a private moment and switch to a different shot?

And when the NHL is what dictates your race length, how far off the beaten path have you strayed?

Chief
04-28-14, 01:10 PM
And when the NHL is what dictates your race length, how far off the beaten path have you strayed?

Last week was first time I seened ads for an IRL race, during the hockey playoffs on NBCSN. Too funny, NBC had hockey all afternoon ON NBC yesterday while it rained in Alabama. Just who are the IRL advertising too? Maybe them bored hockey fans could switch over to see the rain...this ain't NASCAR! Golf was good, Soon Youll Know won! :rofl:

stroker
04-28-14, 02:18 PM
Hard to believe that it's gotten to the point where it isn't worth the effort to even ridicule any more...

What say we do a pool on the attendance at the Road Course race in May?

TravelGal
04-28-14, 06:27 PM
What say we do a pool on the attendance at the Road Course race in May?

But what is the prize? NOT having to go?

NismoZ
04-29-14, 12:16 PM
But what is the prize? NOT having to go?

Ah HA! I will give you all a first person, on scene up close and personal account! Cuz works with a guy who is an ICR pit observer official for Montoya and whoever will be next to him...he shot us 4 $25 GA tickets so, ROAD TRIP! Haven't been down there since the 1st F-1 race in ????...After this past winter and the cold wind-swept rain blasting through here all THIS week I am looking forward to gettin' outta town! Headed back down in July for the TUSCC thing, too. RA in July for the old timers and August for TUSCC. Believe me, I KNOW how you feel about what "Indy Car" has become, I share all of that but I have more time to fill now days than things to DO! So....? Oh, yeah, Milwaukee' too! Maybe find some geezers to talk to about the good old days, shame some young pups who think they know it ALL, kick back, eat, drink and work on a tan! :thumbup: Look at ME...I'm thinking POSITIVE(ly) :) My wife SAID I should!