PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach. Anybody? Anybody?

NismoZ
04-14-14, 09:40 AM
Huh, nuthin' here either! Good racing, though. Great looking cars, excellent drivers... this TUSCC thing, happily, looks to be working. The P2s outclassed again, even on a tight street course. Pruett STILL found time to complain about how hard things are because everything is so new and different but his boss wasn't complaining. I think there may have been 2 P2s in the top 10.:rolleyes: Glad Corvette won in GTLM, I just like Jan.:) :thumbup:

SteveH
04-14-14, 10:07 AM
I watched. Difficult track for these cars. It would be a better race with a few more entries, 20 starters is really light. The new Vette is growing on me.

Rogue Leader
04-14-14, 12:56 PM
I watched. Difficult track for these cars. It would be a better race with a few more entries, 20 starters is really light. The new Vette is growing on me.

I agree they should have brought GTD as well but it would have been a lot of traffic for the Prototypes.

Rogue Leader
04-14-14, 12:57 PM
Huh, nuthin' here either! Good racing, though. Great looking cars, excellent drivers... this TUSCC thing, happily, looks to be working. The P2s outclassed again, even on a tight street course. Pruett STILL found time to complain about how hard things are because everything is so new and different but his boss wasn't complaining. I think there may have been 2 P2s in the top 10.:rolleyes: Glad Corvette won in GTLM, I just like Jan.:) :thumbup:

If they want nobody to run P2 they are doing a good job of it. I know I wouldn't bother based upon how this season has gone so far.

NismoZ
04-14-14, 06:03 PM
Car count goes up with combined classes in the enduros...shorter tracks like Long Beach, Laguna and Lime Rock are WAAAY too short for that. Next race at Lagu...uh, MAZDA Raceway will have two 2-hour races to accommodate everyone. Good idea.:thumbup:

TrueBrit
04-16-14, 11:05 PM
Processional "race"...DP's are just as ugly in person as they are on the telly. New Vette looks and sounds glorious...the Bimmers sound beefy too...not enough porsches though...Mazdas looked beautiful but ran like they only had first and second gear....not exactly the "showcase" they were hoping for...can't wait for the WEC to start...

Gnam
04-19-14, 01:03 AM
I just watched this race. Pretty embarrassing to see P2 cars holding up GTLM cars and then being overtaken.
I saw that the P2 cars were faster than last year, but still slower than the DPs. I always thought the P2 cars had been hamstrung, not that the DPs had been boosted up. Can more speed be rung out of the P2 cars, or will they have to slow the DPs down?

Rogue Leader
04-21-14, 12:33 AM
I just watched this race. Pretty embarrassing to see P2 cars holding up GTLM cars and then being overtaken.
I saw that the P2 cars were faster than last year, but still slower than the DPs. I always thought the P2 cars had been hamstrung, not that the DPs had been boosted up. Can more speed be rung out of the P2 cars, or will they have to slow the DPs down?

The problem you have is looking at LB in the top 10 you had 3 P2 cars, 2 of which had gentleman/pay drivers onboard (Yacaman isn't that bad, but hes a hothead and never really had the amazing results, I thin his bank account is more important), then you have the 2 Mazdas that are just not up to speed yet. Of those 3 top 10 P2 cars you had OAK racing which is a solid european team with a solid lead driver in Olivier Pla. Then you have ESM which has Scott Sharp and Ryan Dalziel in 1 car (Dalziel is good, Sharp is passable), and Ed Brown (gentleman) and Johannes Van Overbeek (good) in the other car, but in all a team that isn't really more than a mid packer, Maybe if they still had Guy Cosmo aboard and teamed him with Dalziel or Van Overbeek they would have a chance. so you have some solid mid pack teams, vs Chip Ganassi, and 4 other solid DP teams none of which are carrying pay drivers, with cars that are "theoretically" equal.

Until an almost Ganassi level P2 team shows up (Rebellion Racing, Muscle Milk Pickett which is already gone, Level 5 if that tool Scott Tucker is kept out of the car and they just run their pro drivers, etc) they are never gonna get anywhere. And honestly even now at the beginning of the season I don't think you will see it. Only a matter of time before they give up.