PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach..... anybody, anybody?

Rogue Leader
04-14-14, 09:06 AM
Decent crowd but still some empty space in those grandstands. Decent race until RHR decided to play Senna and take out 5 cars in the act. He even used the Senna excuse in the post race interview. Mikey was not happy.

NismoZ
04-14-14, 09:25 AM
Nobody. Nobody. (Maybe over in the sportscar forum?)

TKGAngel
04-14-14, 12:18 PM
I admittedly laughed waaaaay too hard at the boneheaded move that RHR pulled. I'm glad everyone is ok (Hinch's sprained thumb aside) but good grief, that was some amateur hour insanity.

PT was entertaining and a great addition to the booth. He and Townsend Bell are a much better duo than Cheever and Goodyear.

Ed_Severson
04-14-14, 06:06 PM
Too bad about the clown show officiating ... my pistolero was on for a top 5 but for a mind-numbingly pointless drive-through penalty and our teammate would've won the ****ing thing had he not been run off the road by Dixon, who was given no punishment at all. But hey, what else is new?

gerhard911
04-14-14, 06:44 PM
Bozos behind the wheel? Check.

Circus Clown officiating? Check.

Astoundingly silly looking cars? Check.

Comedy the sole redeeming entertainment? Check.

Clown Car Series indeed...

Que the Yakety Sax

ZnHmskwqCCQ

Chief
04-15-14, 12:44 AM
Benny Hilified for your entertainment: :laugh: 641

http://bennyhillthis.com/?v=wlyK8ixEX6Y

http://bennyhillthis.com/gfx/bh.png

Mary
04-15-14, 03:57 PM
Not me, not me. I limit my involvement to reading these threads.

Mary

Easy
04-15-14, 06:31 PM
I went on Saturday, first time at LBGP. Walked from home in Toluca Lake to nearest Metro stop and took the train to 1 block shy of the entry gates. I've never not driven a car to the track so that was cool and cost less than parking would have. Mostly followed Indycar qualy over PA and watched a chunk of the TUSC race from their paddock, LMGT are always fun to see in person. Had a couple big Tecates and enjoyed myself.

TrueBrit
04-16-14, 10:59 PM
Went all three days...sort of...Indycars not at all bad...RHR was peddling awfully hard in quallies and it paid off. Tudor was almost a complete and uter joke...no way the tintop version of the crapwagons should have been that quick. I predict a quick death for this combined series. I had super photo tickets so I got great photos, too bad they were of Indycars though...I watched the actual race from Ye Olde Kings Head in Santa Monica...best decision of the weekend...

JohnHKart
04-18-14, 03:28 AM
I went on Saturday, first time at LBGP. Walked from home in Toluca Lake to nearest Metro stop and took the train to 1 block shy of the entry gates. I've never not driven a car to the track so that was cool and cost less than parking would have. Mostly followed Indycar qualy over PA and watched a chunk of the TUSC race from their paddock, LMGT are always fun to see in person. Had a couple big Tecates and enjoyed myself.

I should have done that too, both my ankles are toast right now and giving me bad feet pain so it was dumb that I parked free and walked. I just burned out after taking the train and hearing ghetto people saying " I got the best stuff N*****! " Thats a direct exact quote from my last long beach train ride in 12. Said hi to Dario who rode by me on a moped, then Rahole was right behind him on a moped also and I said hi to him too. Then I realized sheshus, four Indy 500 wins just went by me!

racermike
04-18-14, 11:29 PM
I was there ... this was my view Blue Flagging for the Indy Lights, TUSC, and WC races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqTC0uyjMw

opinionated ow
04-19-14, 12:54 AM
I was there ... this was my view Blue Flagging for the Indy Lights, TUSC, and WC races.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqTC0uyjMw

Are the world challenge cars all GT3 spec now?

Gnam
04-19-14, 01:34 AM
The Long Beach World Challenge race will be broadcast this Sunday, May 20 on NBC Sports at 5:30pm EST after the F1 race.
http://www.world-challenge.com/index.php?Itemid=216&option=com_drivers&view=events

It's also available on the line at:
http://www.world-challengetv.com

Rogue Leader
04-21-14, 12:20 AM
Are the world challenge cars all GT3 spec now?

No but they opened it to all GT3 cars (last year it was only 3 types) and a whole *****oad of teams joined, and theoretically the GT3 cars are faster than anything built to the original GT rules.

opinionated ow
04-21-14, 01:15 AM
No but they opened it to all GT3 cars (last year it was only 3 types) and a whole *****oad of teams joined, and theoretically the GT3 cars are faster than anything built to the original GT rules.

Can only be a good thing. Off the shelf cars of equal performance are rare to find. GT3 surprisingly (despite the daft balance of performance nonsense) have managed that.

G.
04-21-14, 01:43 AM

Was that you furiously waving the green flag at the spot where RHR screwed the pooch?

Rogue Leader
04-21-14, 08:38 AM
Can only be a good thing. Off the shelf cars of equal performance are rare to find. GT3 surprisingly (despite the daft balance of performance nonsense) have managed that.

I agree, most of World Challenge was Cadillac crushing everyone with a factory effort vs a bunch of little privateers. As evidenced by how Tomas Enge ran them down in the Gallardo GT3 at St Pete, that dominance is likely done.

TravelGal
04-24-14, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the memories, Racermike. That view brought me back to the races like Portland where and I used to hang on the fence and watch for a while. On Saturdays you could hear Tommy Kendall uncensored on the scanner. Great days.

I was in Chicago during the LBGP weekend and then with TravelMom so I just watched the race last night. I thought the PRE-race about the history of the event was very well done. Which reminds me, I thought PT was quite subdued, apart from talking over everyone for the first part of the race. I'm hoping he gets more animated. Maybe it was the tie. A TIE on PT??

I thought either the camera work is dramatically better or there was a lot more passing in the field than usual. The end with RHR was just priceless. The very end with Power saying that Pageneau "SHOULD BE MAD. I would be!" struck me dumb. Now I'm off to read various articles about rodeo clown officiating.