PDA

View Full Version : There WAS racing in Melbourne!

NismoZ
03-26-14, 10:25 AM
VERY pleased to see full length HD "broadcasts" of all 4 Aussie V-8 races on YouTube and only a day or two later!:thumbup: After last year's race 3 rain race that had me shouting at the monitor in amazement (van Gisbergen's run from 9th to 1st in one lap!) I HAD to check in again this year! Race 1: van Gisbergen. Race 2: van Gisbergen! Race 3: van Gisbergen!! OK, he stumbled to 14th in the final and lost the non-points weekend exhibition to the new Volvo of McLaughlin, who is all of what, 20 or 21 now? Young guns...I love it! Both Kiwis, too I might add!;) Good for the series! The clips of the final few laps of the Bathurst 12 hr. are also heart-pounding. GT3s, Ferrari, McLaren (van Gisbergen!) and Mercedes all fighting it out to the last lap...after 12 hours! Great cars, great drivers, a great track and great RACING! Hard to beat that! Hope the videos are allowed to keep coming! I know, "stock cars"...but I really enjoy it!

opinionated ow
03-26-14, 09:17 PM
VERY pleased to see full length HD "broadcasts" of all 4 Aussie V-8 races on YouTube and only a day or two later!:thumbup: After last year's race 3 rain race that had me shouting at the monitor in amazement (van Gisbergen's run from 9th to 1st in one lap!) I HAD to check in again this year! Race 1: van Gisbergen. Race 2: van Gisbergen! Race 3: van Gisbergen!! OK, he stumbled to 14th in the final and lost the non-points weekend exhibition to the new Volvo of McLaughlin, who is all of what, 20 or 21 now? Young guns...I love it! Both Kiwis, too I might add!;) Good for the series! The clips of the final few laps of the Bathurst 12 hr. are also heart-pounding. GT3s, Ferrari, McLaren (van Gisbergen!) and Mercedes all fighting it out to the last lap...after 12 hours! Great cars, great drivers, a great track and great RACING! Hard to beat that! Hope the videos are allowed to keep coming! I know, "stock cars"...but I really enjoy it!

The V8 Supertaxis would be significantly improved if they stopped messing with the race rules and just stuck to international best practise. The AZ bs is making them look ridiculous.