PDA

View Full Version : Sebring At 10 Hours

NismoZ
03-15-14, 08:55 PM
Wow, did THIS race ever come alive! I have REALLY enjoyed the broadcast. Apple TV, stick it on the big screen, incredible sound and no commercials. David Brabham deserves this thing...has passed for the lead a couple of times and will soon hand it over Dalziel to bring it home. Gavin just threw the lead to Porsche with a spin out of 17 and the Krohn Ferrari now leads in GTLM. Bruno should win in PC barring trouble. Bourdais is -16 with 85 min. to go and just nailed the fastest lap of the race. Going to be fun!

NismoZ
03-15-14, 09:10 PM
Pat Long's RSR sneaking up on Bomorito in the SRT Viper for P1 in GTLM and Dalziel only giving up 10ths to Bourdais...-12 with 70 min. to go. I THINK only one stop left. Great racing! Ooops... Check that, Bourdais has cut 6 secs. in last 5 laps into Dalziel's lead!

NismoZ
03-15-14, 09:19 PM
NICE...Gavin back to 3rd in GTLM...1 hr. to go and less than 2 secs. out of FIRST! Stops will be key...ya THINK!? Sheesh...Gavin spins again! Now -20....Awww, FCY! All bets off...The 35 min. (or so) Of Sebring about to begin!

Gopeddle
03-15-14, 09:39 PM
Why the long yellow? The car that went off was removed 5 minutes ago.

NismoZ
03-15-14, 09:47 PM
Yeah, 11 FCYs this year, only 4 last year. Pits open, about 35 min. to go. Getting some pixels on screen now and some sound breakup. Be a BITE if it screws up what has been a VERY good viewing experience...'til now! Grrr!:irked:

NismoZ
03-15-14, 10:07 PM
Green green...21 min. to go. Good, safe restart. Bourdais looks, uh...STRONG! Franchitti pulls a 5sec. lead in one lap, Dalziel still 2nd. Not for long, Bourdais threatening in 3rd. The 12 min. Of Sebring starting now. Oh, and Bruno about 20 ft. behind Braun...getting late!

G.
03-15-14, 10:22 PM
Getting some pixels on screen now and some sound breakup. Be a BITE if it screws up what has been a VERY good viewing experience...'til now! Grrr!:irked:
I had a weird rewind thing going on until I pulled down the HD button and got it off "auto". It kept backing up 5 secs or so and replaying.

Good race.

DPs are fugly. Look better on TV, actually.

Gopeddle
03-15-14, 10:23 PM
Dalziel was robbed by that rediculous yellow.

NismoZ
03-15-14, 10:41 PM
Ok...other than ANOTHER friggin' Ganassi victory this was an excellent race. The "balance" looked good... Ford, Honda, Chevy, Nissan in the top 4, lots of happy sponsors. Good for Colin Braun in PC, Porsche in GTLM and GTD. Looks like a winning "formula" for TUSCC, will get to RA and maybe a couple of others.:thumbup:

SteveH
03-15-14, 11:40 PM
I had a weird rewind thing going on until I pulled down the HD button and got it off "auto". It kept backing up 5 secs or so and replaying.

Good race.

DPs are fugly. Look better on TV, actually.

Had the same issue, G. Was way too much deja vu for me to enjoy it. Picture quality was good though. But was too distracting to get into it.

Trevor Longman
03-16-14, 04:28 AM
Unnecessary yellow to in the middle of the final pit cycle completely robbed Dalziel and also the SRT squad. They both were set up for wins and got screwed by that call by IMSA. The Whelen DP was 30 laps down and parked deep into the runoff area. No need to set up a contrived finish when the finale was setting up so well anyway! Very unsatisfying end to a decent race.

Gnam
03-16-14, 05:17 PM
2 races, 2 Nascar yellows at the end. :shakehead:
They are fixin' to squander all the good will the fans have extended them.

It's fun seeing all the old Champ Car drivers again. :thumbup:

NismoZ
03-16-14, 11:59 PM
As noted, lots of yellow but I think EVERYONE remembers a Daytona incident...never to be repeated! May have been a reason for more caution? That was a 12 hour race and no "contriving" was needed to set up a good finish. The last two hours were a wonder to watch...like, I wonder why Gavin spun TWICE after such a wonderful comeback from a lap down!:) IMHO the Oak 42 car WOULD have won if not run off the track! Banked Daytona, Flat Sebring, Street Long Beach, Road Course Laguna...reminds me of the diverse challenge CART/ChampCar offered and I LIKE it! That combo weekend at RA last year was a revealing intro to what looks like a very entertaining product.

G.
03-17-14, 01:33 AM
Had the same issue, G. Was way too much deja vu for me to enjoy it. Picture quality was good though. But was too distracting to get into it.

Get it off "Auto" HD, and it fixed it.

Took me a while to figure it out. It was unwatchable until then.

Gnam
03-28-14, 08:49 PM
as seen at smackedforum:

IMSA: Matteo Malucelli suspended for one-race for unsafe driving

After their accidents in the Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring, Matteo Malucelli (Risi Competizione) and Gaston Kearby (BAR1 Motorsports) have received a one-race suspension and an additional race probation from IMSA. Both re-entered the track on line at a dangerous point; Malucelli at Turn 1 in his Ferrari F458 Italia, Kearby in his PC class ORECA FLM09.

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/26/imsa-malucelli-kearby-get-one-race-suspensions/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZXMpqyq0uc#t=113

Malucelli was the driver of the Ferrari involved in Memo Gidley's accident at Daytona.
What the hell was he thinking? :eek: