PDA

View Full Version : Channel 4 Columbus Mid Ohio news

mello
07-01-03, 07:40 AM
Did anyone happen to catch it yesterday? I missed it but a friend of mine from work just told me he saw it and they reported this is the last year for cart there. Sounded like the decision has been made. They said the only way Cart would stay is if they have a huge turnout this year. The guy that told me would not exagerate and I totally believe what he told me. I just wish I would have seen it.

rocket
07-01-03, 07:58 AM
If it works this way, it really stinks. I'd hate for this year to be my 1st and last trip there, I guess I'll make the most of it...I would anyway.

News like this could cement a trip to the race in Austalia for me in 2004. Anyone else interseted in flying down under and splitting a room?

You pay your own airfair of course.:p

pchall
07-01-03, 09:00 AM
Unfortunately it's all about the money and making it as easily as possible.

Next we'll hear that Ms. Gajoch is selling prime condo lots from Madness to Thunder Valley.

The Trueman blood thinned very, very quickly.

RaceChic
07-01-03, 09:47 AM
I'd love to do Australia! Expensive flight though! This is a shame about M-O. I hope not. It is one track I really like and a lot of us make it there. It makes makes for a great weekend as a lot of us get the opportunity to get together. Does that mean the testing open to the public at a track close enough to me goes too?????? :cry:

RaceGrrl
07-01-03, 10:02 AM
I'm not surprised. She dumped ALMS in favor of the crap Grand American series. There's no reason not to believe that she'd dump CART too, and most likely in favor of the crappiest series of all. http://216.40.249.192/s/cwm/cwm/puke.gif

Chief
07-01-03, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by pchall
The Trueman blood thinned very, very quickly.

If there's truth to this the reversal is amazing based on what was said during the first town meeting in Columbus. :(

Sean O'Gorman
07-01-03, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by pchall
Next we'll hear that Ms. Gajoch is selling prime condo lots from Madness to Thunder Valley.

Why not? Who wouldn't want to live there? :)

SID
07-01-03, 09:26 PM
Be careful. Don't be too sure who is the dumpER and who is the dumpEE.

turn1
07-02-03, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by SID
Be careful. Don't be too sure who is the dumpER and who is the dumpEE.

Very true SID. As none of us have been privy to the actual conversations between CART and MOSCC, let's not jump too quickly to opinions. As a fan I would be VERY sad to not see the Champ Cars zooming through the esses next year, but that is a fan's perspective and not a business perspective....

Think positive folks until you hear something from the horses mouth.

RaceGrrl
07-02-03, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by turn1
Think positive folks until you hear something from the horses mouth.

I have been trying to think positive all season since I can do nothing to effect CART's decision. I guess the D&G bug got me this week. After the RA fiasco, and after having had a fabulous day on Monday at my favorite track, it is just depressing to think that I might lose my home track.

FRANKY
07-02-03, 11:08 AM
The business of racing bites many a hand. If CART is to survive other fan favorite tracks will be abandoned.

BlueStang
07-02-03, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
There's no reason not to believe that she'd dump CART too, and most likely in favor of the crappiest series of all.

NAPCAB???

nrc
07-02-03, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by FRANKY
The business of racing bites many a hand. If CART is to survive other fan favorite tracks will be abandoned.

That makes about as much sense as "we had to destroy the village to save it."

They're called fan favorites for a reason. Fans enjoy them. Not just those who go to the race, but those who watch on TV as well. The notion that street course attendees are going to start watching CART on TV to see a series full of more of the same is just nonsense.

FRANKY
07-02-03, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by nrc
That makes about as much sense as "we had to destroy the village to save it."

They're called fan favorites for a reason. Fans enjoy them. Not just those who go to the race, but those who watch on TV as well. The notion that street course attendees are going to start watching CART on TV to see a series full of more of the same is just nonsense.

Hey I didn't write CART's playbook. RA was almost gone. MO will join the soon to be extinct list. Fan favorites will bow to races that get sponsored and make CART's bottom line blacker. MO may still not even have a sponsor while RA has Briggs & Stratton? What was once other series teasing flamebait becomes reality. But I do agree with your assessment.

nrc
07-03-03, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by FRANKY
What was once other series teasing flamebait becomes reality. But I do agree with your assessment.

Please. Like everyone in open wheel racing isn't walking around with the shoe on the other foot these days. :rolleyes: