PDA

View Full Version : Latest Sebring"test" data...

NismoZ
03-01-14, 03:06 PM
Wondering if IMSA thinks the P2s were too fast for their liking...think it was about 10 cars within 1 second, including 3 P2s (?)...my guess is they'll UNrestrict the DPs to spread things out a little. Sounds like they want to keep that spec for a few more races after Sebring that will be on circuits likely more friendly to the P2s. What a bite. Probably not long before owners are herded into a single "P" spec with, guess who/what, as the "winner."

Gnam
03-01-14, 04:29 PM
Oak Racing was second fastest in their Nissan/Morgan P2, behind only the Daytona 24 winning Action Express Corvette DP driven by Seabass. Their lap time of 1:53.230 was 0.75 seconds off the fastest lap.

http://www.newssun.com/sports/article_daa0d9f6-3aba-5e86-aecd-4e2e241867ea.html

It would be consistent with NASCAR's history to hamstring the P2 cars, forcing them out the field so only DPs are left racing. But, Oak Racing is right there. I'm still in "wait & see" mode.

Although, the exit of the Level 5 Ferrari from the GTD class is not a good sign. They wonned Daytoner. :gomer:
http://www.motorsport.com/tusc/news/level-5-leaves-tudor-united-sportscar-championship/

NismoZ
03-02-14, 03:35 PM
There was a not-so-veiled suggestion that Bourdais WAS the reason the Oak P2 wasn't faster. "He knows his way around this place." That .7 difference may be making the rules maker a little edgy, saying "We're close but not there yet." I was just wondering, close to WHAT? Close to absolute parity? Close to making a decision on the DP restrictor plate? Close to a temporary Sebring spec? My guess is the very cheapest way to even things up is play with the plate opening? In any case it sounds to me like they want a rule that can be used for a FEW races. On upcoming tracks that .7 could become 2.7 for... or AGAINST the P2 cars, depending on the spec choice?

opinionated ow
03-02-14, 08:58 PM
They should let the LMP2 cars run unrestricted and tell the DP teams to catch up...

chop456
03-03-14, 02:49 AM
They should let the LMP2 cars run unrestricted and tell the DP teams to catch up...

Absolutely correct, which is why it will never happen.

The P2 teams should take it upon themselves to run unrestricted, lay an epic smackdown on the turtles, then suffer the penalty, which as we've all learned from nascar, is nothing.

NismoZ
03-03-14, 11:34 AM
Oooo, like minds!:thumbup: Explain, though...From what I have been reading and hearing it sounds like it is the DPs that are plate restricted and the "equalization" strategy has been to give the DPs more wing, less restriction/more air, (more power, more speed, diffusers/down force, BLOWN TIRES;))...How are the P2s restricted? I thought they were LESS (or UN?) restricted and the DPs HAD to play catch up to make things the "official" version of FAIR!? What times did the P2s run in this years test compared to last year?