PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Off Camber!

WickerBill
07-01-03, 07:11 AM
In my forums, we will talk about racing.

There will be one forum to talk about general non-racing stuff, and one to give feedback on the forums to me. The rest of it is racing.

In my forums, we will not talk about our dislike for certain people, be they political figures, religious figures, forum members, etc., and we will not defend political figures, religious figures, forum members, etc., from attack, no matter how unwarranted, as that simply drags us down into the muck -- and will be deleted anyway.

The one notable exception to this rule is racing drivers and personnel, about whom open dialog on their talent, abilities, fan-friendliness, etc. is fair game on my racing forum.

If you post a message in my forums about your hatred of all things Hillary Clinton, I will delete it. If you post a message in my forums about how much you detest another forum member, I will delete it. If you post a message telling the world that President Bush is a criminal, I will delete it. If you post a message in response to a post similar to these three examples for the purpose of rebutting the original poster, I will delete it.

My forum is dedicated to racing. Specifically, ChampCar racing. It's not about politics. It's not about one-upsmanship. To put a point on it, it's not about you. It's about us. You are valued here as a member and contributor. However, you, and your opinions about others (be they positive or negative), are not more important than anyone else's opinions, and are most certainly not more important than the community as a whole.

I will strive, as I always have, to be even-handed with everyone, despite my personal feelings on any topic you post about. If you post that Gil deFerran is a classless idiot, I will grit my teeth and post a rebuttal, but I will not censor you.

Welcome to Off Camber. In my forums, we will talk about racing.

TRDfan
07-01-03, 09:40 AM
Amem. Thanks for everything WB.

trubritz
07-01-03, 10:46 AM
but, but, but......

nah - just kiddin bossman:laugh:

Ankf00
07-01-03, 02:09 PM
Gil de Ferran is a classless idiot.

There, I said it.

Now excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap and ammonia. :(

but 1 other thing in seriousness, is Arooty and the shill crew fair game?

Kiwifan
07-01-03, 07:40 PM
Well said Boss. Just as I typed something similar last night the topic disappeared. I guess I'll have to type faster eh? :) :)

I remember several years ago when I first started posting it was all about racing with the odd joke thrown in but as the years slipped by it became more and more about one upmanship. My 'person' is better than yours, my 'series' is better than yours, my 'team', my ideals, my....and so it goes on.

Lets just drop the flag and go racin', well, that's why I'm here anyways, and to learn of course! :)

Take care, Rusty.

mello
07-01-03, 07:52 PM
It kinda reminds me of a soap opera at times.. As The Wheel Turns.

Cam
07-01-03, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by mello
It kinda reminds me of a soap opera at times.. As The Wheel Turns.

Whats a soap opera????? :gomer:

JLMannin
07-02-03, 12:29 PM
Thanks, boss. Your statements set the appropriate tone and and ring true to me.

Oh, BTW, I think Gil deFarran's team owner is a classless idiot. :p :D :p

pinniped
07-06-03, 04:59 AM
Good rules for a racing forum, IMHO...especially the part about how it isn't about the individual posters.

JoeBob
02-12-04, 09:42 PM
Since we seem to have some new members (welcome!) I thought it might be a good idea to bump this one up.

racer2c
02-12-04, 09:56 PM
Since we seem to have some new members (welcome!) I thought it might be a good idea to bump this one up.

Here here! Good thinking JoeBob! :thumbup:

Hard Driver
02-12-04, 10:17 PM
As a new poster, I appreciate the guidlines. So F. Tony George, Michael Andretti, Roger Penske, Chip Ganassi and all other traitors is OK then.

JT265
02-13-04, 12:29 AM
I still wanna know why I can't post my attachments.

:D

Purple Panic
02-13-04, 11:43 AM

I don't think you're allowed to post your attachments in public.... ;)

fourrunner
02-13-04, 04:55 PM

It may have something to do with size! ... Bandwidth & Stuff ;)

Warlock!
02-13-04, 05:04 PM
It may have something to do with size! ... Bandwidth & Stuff ;)
I... don't imagine that's the problem... in JayTay's case anywayz...

Winter Warlock!

JT265
02-13-04, 07:18 PM
I... don't imagine that's the problem... in JayTay's case anywayz...

Winter Warlock!

Does my name come up with the "+" sign like ya done to Chop too Matty? :rofl:

See, I was thinkin' that if I could post my attachments, maybe those spammers would quit sending me all that crap about enlargements and such. :saywhat:

RTKar
02-13-04, 08:17 PM
Boy did this place change overnight. From small town, to growing suburb so to speak.

Madmaxfan2
04-01-04, 11:06 AM
I believe the demise of 7TH Gear is responsible for the recent growth. I really could not stomach crashnet.

EDwardo
04-03-04, 08:57 AM
In my forums, we will talk about racing.
I will strive, as I always have, to be even-handed with everyone, despite my personal feelings on any topic you post about. .....
Welcome to Off Camber. In my forums, we will talk about racing.

The Boss also allows football talk during the season. And he didn't ban me last year for calling the Broncos "nags"! I sure the thought crossed his mind to give me a vacation for that one. (but deep down he knew I was right....)

Did I mention that the Boss is a Nags fan?

Carry on.

WickerBill
04-03-04, 01:50 PM
Champ Bailey, John Lynch... and you only scored 17 on us LAST year... sorry, wrong forum.

Ankf00
04-03-04, 01:50 PM
and he also likes Real and ManUre

ew.

bet he hates the yankees though ;)

WickerBill
04-04-04, 09:18 AM
I don't really care much for Real. Gotta say I was happy with United's result yesterday though! And I *do* hate the Yankees.

D'oh, wrong forum, again.

pinniped
04-04-04, 02:55 PM
Wouldn't it be awful if a small handful of posters were soccer fans and soccer found its way into other posts... :gomer:

Ankf00
04-04-04, 06:35 PM
Wouldn't it be awful if a small handful of posters were soccer fans and soccer found its way into other posts... :gomer:
you've been :gomer: 'ing alot lately. Need a trip to the dentist? Those front teeth look pretty sizeable :D

pinniped
04-04-04, 08:29 PM
:gomer: :gomer:

Ratattack
04-08-04, 10:52 PM
I never did check in when I joined. Hello everyone. I am a Champ Car Dude. Hello everyone.. I I screw up, just yell at me :D

Ankf00
04-09-04, 12:53 AM
i dont see any footie allusions in your post, wtf dude!!!?!?!!?!

:rofl:

Kahauna Dreamer
04-09-04, 06:05 PM
I never did check in when I joined. Hello everyone. I am a Champ Car Dude. Hello everyone.. I I screw up, just yell at me :D

Hey RA, neither did I, but Crapus found me here this morning :D

JT265
04-09-04, 08:16 PM
i dont see any footie allusions in your post, wtf dude!!!?!?!!?!

:rofl:

So there we were at Clearways watching am practice when David Beckhams wife walked by.

Is that "footie" enough for ya?

RaceGrrl
04-10-04, 09:19 AM
Welcome Rat and KD. :thumbup:

lone_groover
04-10-04, 11:38 AM
Hi folks. I just got myself banned at AR1/MSF forum for no good reason. Only mentioned the FACT that UnderaCheever never won anything in F1 or CART during a span of almost 20 years. Those Nutzis can't handle the truth.

I feel violated.

:cry:

fourrunner
04-10-04, 01:06 PM
Hi folks. I just got myself banned at AR1/MSF forum for no good reason. Only mentioned the FACT that UnderaCheever never won anything in F1 or CART during a span of almost 20 years. Those Nutzis can't handle the truth.

I feel violated.

They MUST have a list of the F1 / CART races he DID Win... Did they offer them Up? ;)

RaceGrrl
04-10-04, 07:29 PM

I feel violated.

It sounds like you were just liberated!

nissan gtp
04-10-04, 08:19 PM

I feel violated.

LOL, I had a good time playing with Doc Asston on crackforum discussing the merits of Mr Cheebeers so-called career.

then I got banned. oops :rofl:

Riverside
04-11-04, 11:54 PM
Hey dudes, new here although some of you may know me as Evil Wilke over at CW. I'm a big Champ Car fan and I love to bash the earl. :)

Ankf00
04-12-04, 01:14 AM
So there we were at Clearways watching am practice when David Beckhams wife walked by.

Is that "footie" enough for ya?

i dont think it's her feet i'd be looking at :D

nissan gtp
04-12-04, 08:59 PM
Hey dudes, new here although some of you may know me as Evil Wilke over at CW. I'm a big Champ Car fan and I love to bash the earl. :)

you do it well :thumbup: :D

Riverside
04-12-04, 10:52 PM
Thanks nissan, seems like there's quite a few crappies over here. :cool:

lone_groover
04-13-04, 09:15 PM
IRL=Special Olympics of Motorsports

HA HA; wish I'd thought of that!

racer2c
04-13-04, 09:32 PM
IRL=Special Olympics of Motorsports

HA HA; wish I'd thought of that!

So that explains Helio!!

pineapple
04-13-04, 10:42 PM
Hello, off camberians. I'm also new here and glad to have found you. Looking forward to the start of '04 season and the re-emergence of Cheemy V (although I'll also be rooting for Jourdain, Seb, RHR and now Wilson).

ChampCars rule!

Napoleon
04-18-04, 08:34 AM
I believe the demise of 7TH Gear is responsible for the recent growth. I really could not stomach crashnet.

Is 7th gear gone? What happened? Link?

I forget is it safe to dis' Wickerbill?

Cam
04-18-04, 08:42 AM

Wow! You have been outta the loop! :eek: Check this (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3331&highlight=seventhgear) thread to bring you back up to speed.

RTKar
04-18-04, 09:20 AM

Nappy's back :thumbup: ....bringing back older threads, the "Nappy bump"

Yup, 7thG met its' Waterloo...

Napoleon
04-18-04, 10:38 AM
Wow! You have been outta the loop! :eek: Check this (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3331&highlight=seventhgear) thread to bring you back up to speed.

Holy $!@#

I ran that tread out in printable form to read at home later and it took half a ream of paper.

devilmaster
04-18-04, 03:10 PM
Holy $!@#

I ran that tread out in printable form to read at home later and it took half a ream of paper.

NAPPY!!!!!!!!!!

Holy ***t man! I was going to send the gang out to look for you.....

Good to have you back! :thumbup:

Yer not still mad about us wrecking your car on you, are ya? ;)

Steve

Napoleon
04-18-04, 03:43 PM
NAPPY!!!!!!!!!!
Yer not still mad about us wrecking your car on you, are ya? ;)

I had it fixed and its as good as new, although I have it for sale.

Sean O'Gorman
04-18-04, 08:34 PM
So you finally found ALT CTRL DEL resets the computer eh? Must've made those last six months hell sitting there looking at a blue screen. :D

Don Quixote
04-18-04, 09:18 PM

Last I checked it is ok to dis' WB, so long as you don't dis' Mr. Ed, er, I mean John Elway. :gomer:

Napoleon
04-19-04, 06:51 AM
Last I checked it is ok to dis' WB, so long as you don't dis' Mr. Ed, er, I mean John Elway. :gomer:

You know how to hurt a guy, don't you?

Hot Daug
04-20-04, 12:49 AM
Hot Daug checking in.

I had breakfast with Kevin Kalkhoven Saturday morning, how about you?

Kiwifan
04-20-04, 02:28 PM
Good to see you here mate, there are no "Rugby" Players here. ;) I think you'll enjoy it.

I hope you thanked the guys for supporting our series, we really appreciate them. :thumbup: So, what did you have for breakfast?

Rusty.

Hot Daug
04-20-04, 04:27 PM
Good to see you here mate, there are no "Rugby" Players here. ;) I think you'll enjoy it.

I hope you thanked the guys for supporting our series, we really appreciate them. :thumbup: So, what did you have for breakfast?

Rusty.
They were serving eggs, bacon, ham and hash browns in his hospitality tent. KK looks to be on a diet and had some eggs, assorted fruit and pastries IIRC.

He was looking for salsa.

BZSetshot
04-23-04, 01:47 PM
Registered but never got around to the intro.

Representing from the Northeast tristate area. Telecom/Networking guy so if anyone needs some help, be glad to offer what I can...

Oh, and fan of the EVIL EMPIRE YANKEES so used to bashing ... :D

Cheers! :lookingforbeericon:

TheGuywho
04-25-04, 08:52 PM
thinks he was #9 at Seventh Gear, been a long time. Anyways I didn't even know 7G was gone until I checked in after Long Beach. Snding out e-mails and getting back up to speed. I'm too politically correct for my own good so I tend to keep my trap shut.

RaceGrrl
04-25-04, 11:10 PM
Welcome to all the new folks. :thumbup:

Dr. Corkski
04-30-04, 06:02 PM
thinks he was #9 at Seventh Gear, been a long time. Anyways I didn't even know 7G was gone until I checked in after Long Beach. Snding out e-mails and getting back up to speed. I'm too politically correct for my own good so I tend to keep my trap shut.Wait, wasn't that Anita? :confused:

fourrunner
05-01-04, 10:54 AM
Hello, off camberians. I'm also new here and glad to have found you. Looking forward to the start of '04 season and the re-emergence of Cheemy V (although I'll also be rooting for Jourdain, Seb, RHR and now Wilson).

ChampCars rule!

Hi everyone that has joined recently ! :thumbup:

"Off Camberians" sounds very Star Wars-ish, actually it sounds good !

"Off Camberians" hmmm ! :)

anait
05-01-04, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone that has joined recently ! :thumbup:

"Off Camberians" sounds very Star Wars-ish, actually it sounds good !

"Off Camberians" hmmm ! :)

Howzabout "Off Camberites"?? :D

RusH
05-01-04, 05:52 PM
A good place for a first post.
I look forward to reading posts from the experts here. I don`t post alot, just like to learn and read mainly, and comment when I want to express an opinion.
Thanks for the welcome. :thumbup:

Clown
05-01-04, 10:47 PM
Sup?

Riverside
05-02-04, 12:45 AM
Hey Clown hows it goin'? :)

Clown
05-02-04, 12:48 AM
Better than average :)

fourrunner
05-03-04, 01:31 AM
Welcome Mr. Clown ! :thumbup:

Robstar
05-03-04, 01:44 AM
Sup?

Are you Clown88 from RPM site ?

Clown
05-03-04, 02:38 AM
Are you Clown88 from RPM site ?
Some bastard already took "Clown" :cry:

Robstar
05-03-04, 02:43 AM
Some bastard already took "Clown" :cry:

circus1
05-03-04, 05:30 PM
Hello friends, old and new. Looking forward to hangin' here.

circus1

RaceGrrl
05-03-04, 05:50 PM
Howdy circus! Glad to have you onboard. :)

No, I haven't forgotten the poster. I'm going for a procrastination record.

Cam
05-03-04, 06:16 PM
Circus1???? :saywhat: Clown???? :saywhat: What's happening here? Is this turning into Barnum & Bailey? :gomer: :D

Turn7
05-03-04, 06:25 PM
Next thing you know somebody will sign up as Bozo! :D

RaceGrrl
05-03-04, 07:10 PM
Not the clowns. Why did it have to be clowns? Stop it, Cam!!!

Napoleon
05-03-04, 07:15 PM

That guy was an a-hole on TF ;)

Cam
05-03-04, 09:35 PM

Bozo was what my Dad used to call me when I was caddying for him when I was a kid! :cry:

Robstar
05-03-04, 10:02 PM
Bozo was what my Dad used to call me when I was caddying for him when I was a kid! :cry:

That's what my Mrs calls me when we're playing tennis...

"Advantage Bozo !" :cry:

Clown
05-03-04, 10:04 PM
That's what my Mrs calls me when we're playing tennis...

"Advantage Bozo !" :cry:
Atleast your beating her ;)

Al Czervik
05-04-04, 10:38 PM

Caddying, thats like skilled labor for...

Gotta love being able to get a Caddyshack line in.

Cam
05-04-04, 11:17 PM

Hey Al! How is the Arm?

Ankf00
05-05-04, 12:34 AM

and here us young punks just quote office space, lebowski, and pulp fiction all day...

http://home.engr.utexas.edu/patelaa/pictures/caddyshack.gif always have to get in the gopher :cool: I bet he can get a quarter pounder with cheese in France!

Al Czervik
05-05-04, 11:03 AM
Hey Al! How is the Arm?

Ow, I think it's broken

Brickman
05-07-04, 09:49 PM
Welcome murph.

TheGuywho
05-13-04, 03:19 AM
Wait, wasn't that Anita? :confused:

could have been mistaken. Maybe I was # 8. It was something like March of 1999. :cool:

Cruella
06-02-04, 08:36 PM
Hi all, yes it is the same Cruella from 7G.

My BIG news: Mr. Toad finally gave me a ring.

He would have posted the news himself but he does not have posting privileges yet.

P.S. A very good chance we will attend Toronto this year.