PDA

View Full Version : Happy Valentine's day

nrc
02-14-14, 12:02 PM
I hope you all have your shoe boxes covered with foil and construction paper hearts. My sweetheart left my valentine outside the window.

I hope you're all lucky enough to have someone so special. Thanks, babe.

Don Quixote
02-14-14, 12:28 PM
:thumbup:

Elmo T
02-14-14, 01:16 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

TravelGal
02-14-14, 03:11 PM
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

RaceGrrl
02-14-14, 07:46 PM
And my sweetheart left me a mix CD to find this morning. Who needs flowers or jewelry? :D

Hope you all hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. Happy Valentine's Day!

Insomniac
02-14-14, 10:33 PM
That is great! :thumbup:

Gnam
02-15-14, 02:26 AM
So what you're saying is you both forgot it was Valentine's Day, right?
;)

nrc
02-15-14, 03:46 PM
So what you're saying is you both forgot it was Valentine's Day, right?
;)

Nah, cards and dinner plans were already in hand at the time. :) She actually did the snow Valentine the night before. Very sweet, although it does have me a little concerned. It seems to me that there's no way that should could create that shape without a view from space. :eek:

Gnam
02-26-14, 09:10 PM
Apparently, Laguna Seca had a contest to win free tickets.
This was the winning entry.

Winner of Worst Valentine's Day Contest

Our contest winner will remain anonymous, for obvious reasons, but he will receive two tickets to the Continental Tire Monterey Grand Prix, powered by Mazda for his heartache.

"I was with this person for three years and they invited me to a family reunion about 10 hours away from where we lived. This was the first time I was meeting about 15 of her relatives. We just got engaged a week before the trip and I was on top of the world! Just as we were pulling in to our destination, the engine blew up in my car and a tow-truck had to drop us off at the house where everyone was staying for the week.

The next morning, Valentine’s Day, we go for a walk around the lake with her grandmother and mother. Halfway around the lake, she pulls me aside and asks if she can read something to me, which I think is going to be a romantic poem. Instead she reads a letter she had written before the trip about dreams and how being apart would make us both grow. Then in tears she tells me that not only does she not want to get married, but she wants to breakup completely.

Here I am 10 hours from home, blown up engine, house full of strangers, not a penny to my name, halfway around a stupid lake, broken heart, and utterly alone inside. Did I mention this was day 2 of a week long trip and later that night was the big Engagement celebration dinner for 'us'"?
dude...

RaceGrrl
02-27-14, 12:05 AM
Oh, that's just tragic and wrong. Reminds me of when my brother broke up with his girlfriend on the second day of a week-long family beach vacation. Horrible for her and not much fun for the rest of us either. Oddly enough that ex-girlfriend and I are best friends now.