PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Bowl '14

nrc
02-03-14, 01:28 PM
Any favorites this year? I think Radio Shack was a winner and I wish them luck re-inventing themselves. They're doing a good job with follow-up social marketing on that. I liked the Audi Doberhuahua bit. I didn't care for the muppets bit which evidently a lot of folks liked.

I didn't see an Acura ad but I assume that they paid something for the Seinfeld "reunion" promoting his web series "Comedians in Cars, etc". Depending on how much they paid it may have been a marketing coup since their Acura ads on the web series are better than a lot of the Super Bowl ads.

Elmo T
02-03-14, 01:57 PM
Radio Shack - hands down. A little self-deprecating humor, short, and right to the point. :thumbup:

Napoleon
02-03-14, 02:25 PM
. . .I assume that they paid something for the Seinfeld "reunion" promoting his web series "Comedians in Cars, etc".

Reportedly they paid nothing for that. It was actually content for the show, not an ad (in the strict sense of having paid the network to run it).

TravelGal
02-03-14, 02:39 PM
Acura had 2 or 3 ads, all very different. A novel approach. The Audi ad turned my stomach. There were a few other stinkers but it was the only one we fast-forwarded through. The ones that got the biggest laugh in this house were the two Doritos ads. Totally stupid but made us both laugh because they were inventive every second: Time machine and the little sister playing Lone Ranger on the dog.

Gnam
02-03-14, 05:08 PM
+1 for the Doritos time machine. :laugh:

stroker
02-03-14, 08:33 PM
I really liked the Maserati commercial. I'm surprised it's getting no buzz whatsoever.

Whoever signed off on the two back-to-back Ford ads at the beginning of the second half needs to get fired, though.

TKGAngel
02-03-14, 09:33 PM
I'll wade into the shallow end of the pool by saying that David Beckham in his underpants is always appreciated.

I liked the Bud horse & puppy ad, the Doritos Lone Ranger ad, and the Radio Shack ad. In the pre-game, I really loved the MetLife ad with Schroeder playing the Star Spangled Banner on his little piano. The simplicity of the ad is what caught my attention.

I guess the Coke ad with America the Beautiful translated into 7 languages rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. I've been seeing a lot of media babble about that one today.

Gnam
02-05-14, 03:19 AM
Dude bought a 2 minute local ad in Georgia. Wow. :thumbup:

http://youtu.be/jr2gdPY-88w

Edit:

from the internet:

For some local insight: This guy's building has 5 playing cards painted on the building.
The hand? ROYAL FLUSH, mother ****ers.

TrueBrit
02-10-14, 05:12 PM
The Silverado commercial got to me...but that's because my wife kicked cancer's ass last year...

Don Quixote
02-10-14, 05:17 PM
The Silverado commercial got to me...but that's because my wife kicked cancer's ass last year...:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

chop456
02-11-14, 03:19 AM
Anyone see Samuel L. Jackson's smackdown of some idiot entertainment reporter for mistaking him for Laurance Fishburne in the Kia Super Bowl ad? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Napoleon
02-11-14, 07:18 AM
^^^

I saw that. The guy who did it is an experienced entertainment reporter to boot.

nrc
02-11-14, 10:12 AM
The Silverado commercial got to me...but that's because my wife kicked cancer's ass last year...

Congrats on the victory. Wishing her and all of you the best. :thumbup:

SteveH
02-11-14, 10:25 AM

:thumbup: great news :)

chop456
02-11-14, 10:41 AM
:thumbup:

KaBoom21
02-13-14, 03:26 PM
Anyone see Samuel L. Jackson's smackdown of some idiot entertainment reporter for mistaking him for Laurance Fishburne in the Kia Super Bowl ad? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

WGN's Dean Richards asked SLJ in a very James Lipton-type moment if he had any "concerns" when doing a remake such as RoboCop. SLJ responded that his only concern is whether the check will clear. :rofl: