PDA

View Full Version : Where to Watch F1?

Insomniac
02-02-14, 06:59 PM
Besides NBCSports in the US, is there any way to watch F1? I was checking out my DirecTV packages and I'm basically paying $16/month for F1. They may not appreciate me changing my programming every weekend. :)

Mary
02-08-14, 01:10 PM
There is a thread on Autosport's forum in the Racing Comments section about where to watch F1 worldwide. I've never even opened the thread (it is pinned at the top of the page) but maybe they have a suggestion.

Mary

stroker
02-08-14, 08:32 PM
I tried following instructions to watch on my computer last year and ended up downloading a virus of some kind that required me to scrub the hard drive with a new operating system. My $.02 is to NOT, under any circumstances, download any software to enable you to watch online.

SteveH
02-08-14, 11:42 PM
When Fox would broadcast F1 on a delay, I was always able to find a live feed at Justin.TV. I would search for the race name, usually there were several choices but many redirected you to another website. Those sites were never the same from race to race, the FIA would shut them down. The quality sometimes wasn't the best but it was SkyTV or BBC usually and was a joy to see how well they cover F1.

Insomniac
02-10-14, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I don't plan to hunt around for a site every weekend. I'd prefer legit/legal, I'm willing to pay. Too bad F1 doesn't have anything on their site as a subscription. At least on DirecTV, NBC Sports is in their 4th programming tier. It's just not widely available unfortunately.

Gopeddle
02-11-14, 12:06 PM
When I'd get bored with all the commercials I'd ofter go here: http://gofirstrowus.eu click on the "motosport" tab, choose the event and watch F1 without commercials and with British announcers who knew what they were talking about. The First Row Sports web site is a bit unruly and there are initially a few pop-ups that are very annoying, but once you're in it's not bad.