View Full Version : RIP Paul Walker

Gnam
12-01-13, 01:46 AM
Man down. :(

He was a passenger in an auto accident.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/30/showbiz/actor-paul-walker-dies/

dando
12-01-13, 11:21 AM
RIP. 40. Very sad. I have admit, tho, I have never seen a Fast and Furious flick, and had no idea who he was. When I heard the news about a 'big' star of Fast and Furious was killed in a car crash, I thought it might be Vin Diesel.

TKGAngel
12-01-13, 12:50 PM
For a while in the late 90s/early 2000s, he was inescapable in movies: Varsity Blues, Joyride, the Fast and the Furious' etc.

Leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter, too.

TravelGal
12-01-13, 02:29 PM
I've seen parts of most of the Fast and Furious franchise. They always hold my interest on the rare occasions that I'm channel surfing. I don't know if I could say the same thing if I saw one from beginning to end though.

This was apparently a really good guy. This happened as he had just finished a charity event run by his own charity for the victims of the Philippine typhoon. I think more than Hollywood will miss him.

cameraman
12-01-13, 04:49 PM
Roger Rodas, a competitor in Pirelli World Challenge, has been identified as the second victim in the fiery car crash that also claimed the life of “Fast and Furious” actor Paul Walker.

Rodas, 38, was driving a Porsche Carrera GT in Santa Clarita, California Saturday when the sports car slammed into a light pole and tree before bursting into flames, authorities and witnesses said. Rodas and the passenger, Walker, 40, were both pronounced dead at the scene. According to an article in “Wealth Management,” the two first met at a race event in California when Walker noticed Rodas driving a Porsche GT3 he had previously owned. They ended up becoming great friends and even raced side-by-side in a Pro-Am 25-hour endurance race in Thunder Hill, California.

As their friendship developed, Walker occasionally asked Rodas for financial advice before working together formally as client and Financial Advisor in 2007. Rodas helped Walker maintain his passion for cars and racing without having them become a financial burden.

To do so, the two founded a race shop, Always Evolving, to store their cars and bring in income by doing work for other drivers. Always Evolving ultimately transformed into a full-scale race team, with Rodas taking the role as lead driver.

He scored two wins in the Pirelli Drivers Cup in 2012 before making the move up to the GTS class of the Pirelli World Challenge. In his rookie season, Rodas finished 13th in the GTS championship standings despite missing the races at Lime Rock and St. Petersburg.

Rodas is survived by a wife and two children. Walker leaves behind a 15-year-old daughter.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/cars/fast-and-furious-actor-paul-walker-and-race-car-driver-roger-rodas-killed-in-car-crash/

dando
12-03-13, 12:06 PM
Car previously owned by Rahole Jr.

Graham Rahal ‏@GrahamRahal 14h
For those asking, yes, the car in the tragic accident this past weekend was in fact one I previously owned. However that fact is irrelevant.
Retweeted by Tim May