PDA

View Full Version : 2013-2014 offseason

WickerBill
11-30-13, 08:11 AM
Son of a .....

Maldonado to Lotus (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/25157499)

I hope Hulkenberg gets a seat. I really felt Grosjean and Hulk would have been an outstanding young pairing.

chop456
12-02-13, 10:12 AM
Son of a .....

Maldonado to Lotus (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/25157499)

I hope Hulkenberg gets a seat. I really felt Grosjean and Hulk would have been an outstanding young pairing.

That's RACE WINNER Maldonado to you, Sir. :p

Yeah, it sucks. :yuck:

cameraman
12-03-13, 02:45 PM
Hulkenberg has officially signed with Force India.

The other seat will be Sergio Perez or Max Chilton. Decision based on $$$.

gjc2
12-05-13, 07:22 AM
New Jersey is off again.

Gnam
12-05-13, 01:18 PM
http://s28.postimg.org/4ijiyob6l/New_Jersey.jpg

chop456
12-05-13, 08:38 PM
New Jersey is off again.

Did anyone actually believe it was ever on?

gjc2
12-06-13, 07:54 AM
Did anyone actually believe it was ever on?

I hoped

Mary
12-09-13, 11:48 AM
New Jersey is off again.

:cry::shakehead::rolleyes:

Mary

SteveH
12-09-13, 11:49 AM
Of course there will be no race now that my oldest son is moving to Red Bank, NJ next weekend. :irked:

Gnam
12-09-13, 02:17 PM
Looks like next year's Singapore GP could be a riot. ;)

Singapore bus death triggers riot

Police in Singapore have arrested 27 South Asian suspects after hundreds of people took part in a riot sparked by the death of an Indian national. Trouble started after the 33-year-old man was knocked down by a private bus in a district known as Little India.

About 400 foreign workers took to the streets, hurling railings at police and torching police cars and an ambulance. At least 18 people were hurt, most of them police officers, before the violence was brought under control.

Police commissioner Ng Joo Hee said it was the first rioting in Singapore in more than 30 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25294918

The riot was just a few miles from the street circuit. 'Course Singapore is so small everything is just a few miles from everything else.

cameraman
12-09-13, 03:19 PM
Looks like next year's Singapore GP could be a riot. ;)

The riot was just a few miles from the street circuit. 'Course Singapore is so small everything is just a few miles from everything else.

Not going to be an issue as Singapore will deport most of them and the jail sentences on the rest will be epic.
Singapore is one place you really, really do not want to break any kind of law. Otherwise it's a really nice place...

Mary
12-12-13, 07:18 AM
Not going to be an issue as Singapore will deport most of them and the jail sentences on the rest will be epic.
Singapore is one place you really, really do not want to break any kind of law. Otherwise it's a really nice place...

Yeah, think they'll pull out that cane again?

Mary

cameraman
12-12-13, 12:45 PM
Aaaaaaand finally Sergio Perez signs for the other seat at Force India.

It’s a pleasure to welcome Sergio to the team. He brings a healthy mix of youth and experience, and I’ve been very impressed with his recent performances. He already has several podium finishes to his name and being chosen by McLaren last year was a clear indication that he is a driver to watch for the future. We also recognise Sergio’s incredible talent and we are proud to have him in our team. He clearly has great speed and plenty of fire in his belly. Our job is to make sure he settles in quickly by creating the right atmosphere so that he can realise his potential. By pairing Sergio alongside Nico, we enter the new season with an extremely competitive line-up, which will go toward helping us achieve our goals for the new season.

Andrew Longman
12-12-13, 01:07 PM
New Jersey is off again.The powers have more important things to worry about. http://gothamist.com/2013/12/10/chris_christies_buddy_closed_down_g.php

Please can somebody to something right?

Or can I please find something worthwhile to care about? The Community thread is about all I have left. :)

cameraman
12-13-13, 10:56 AM
And to complete the swap Adrian Sutil just signed with Sauber...

G.
12-13-13, 03:23 PM

Wow. My sister used to live within walking distance to Little India. :eek:

I love the place, but couldn't handle living there for too long. The Thought Police alone would drive me nuts, let alone the undercover cops all over the place.

Last year, a strike by mainland Chinese bus drivers shone a spotlight on the low wages paid to some migrant workers and the conditions in which some live.

Four of the drivers, who complained they were paid less than their Singaporean counterparts, and at the state of their employer-provided accommodation, were jailed.

They've got some weird laws about comparing races (I assume that this is why they were jailed.).

cameraman
02-14-14, 12:13 PM
I've never heard of an affiliated driver before be Sauber just made Simona di Silvestro their first individual of that description.

The 25-year-old will spend 2014 testing, participating in simulator training and preparing for the mental and physical demands of F1. Sauber says the goal is to help de Silvestro earn her F1 super license and prepare for a seat in 2015.

She thanked Sauber for giving her a chance.

"This is a major step toward me achieving a lifelong dream, and I'm so happy to have the opportunity to take this step with such a great team," de Silvestro said. "The Sauber F1 Team is a team with a legacy and the only Swiss team in Formula One, which I think makes this even more exciting."

I'm not sure exactly what the long term plan is as she is too old for F1 and I doubt she is that quick in any case. In theory she should improve, perhaps quite a bit, with the focused training but I really wonder where she is going with this.

Gopeddle
02-14-14, 12:35 PM
It says that she's going to be preparing to take her super license test. Wasn't there a time when IndyCar or CART drivers carried a super license?

cameraman
02-14-14, 01:26 PM
It says that she's going to be preparing to take her super license test. Wasn't there a time when IndyCar or CART drivers carried a super license?

An Indycar driver qualifies for a superlicense if they finished within the first four places of the driver's championship. Simona hasn't come close.

Gnam
02-14-14, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure exactly what the long term plan is as she is too old for F1 and I doubt she is that quick in any case. In theory she should improve, perhaps quite a bit, with the focused training but I really wonder where she is going with this.
A super license would increase her value as a driver, allowing Sauber to put her in the seat for select races to boost PR/sponsorship. It would also let her live in Europe instead of the States.

Does she bring any personal sponsorship to the team?