PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving

Gnam
11-27-13, 07:56 PM
Happy Thanksgiving!

I'll be spending it with people I "had to" invite, people I was promised were blacklisted, people I'm not even related to, because Thanksgiving. Now I know how the Indians felt. ;)

On the plus side I get to spend some time with people I do like but don't get to see very often. Looking forward to the fight over the dishes.

G.
11-27-13, 09:54 PM
Happy Thanksgiving (U.S.) to all oc-ers and lurkers!

Even Condre.

Andrew Longman
11-28-13, 12:34 AM

I promised my wife in July I would build her the dining room table she's wanted for ten years by Thanksgiving. It is our turn to host the 35+\- family gathering. I looked at the calendar in August while at the Glen and realized that with my constant travel I only had a handful of days to pull it off. Well, it is finished. About 38 hours to spare. What? Me worry? Hickory on top. Poplar underneath. She loves it. Add three turkey's tomorrow (one in the smoker, one on the grill and one in the oven and we will be all set.

Have a happy one all.

dando
11-28-13, 01:15 AM
Folks, you've got it wrong. It's Happy Thanksgivukkah this year. Won't happen again for 79,000. :eek:

TravelGal
11-28-13, 02:04 AM

I promised my wife in July I would build her the dining room table she's wanted for ten years by Thanksgiving. It is our turn to host the 35+\- family gathering. I looked at the calendar in August while at the Glen and realized that with my constant travel I only had a handful of days to pull it off. Well, it is finished. About 38 hours to spare. What? Me worry? Hickory on top. Poplar underneath. She loves it. Add three turkey's tomorrow (one in the smoker, one on the grill and one in the oven and we will be all set.

Have a happy one all.

It's a beauty. There's nothing like fine wood work.

G.
11-28-13, 03:07 AM

Have a happy one all.

Sweet!

I think I'd still be picking out the wood, if I started in August. :D

Did you plane the boards down? Maybe Santa will bring me a planer this year.

Are the end pieces drop-down/removable?

nrc
11-28-13, 05:03 AM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Be safe out there.

The table looks great, Andrew.

Napoleon
11-28-13, 06:27 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

Wow Andrew, nice looking table. You have to give us more details on building it.

WickerBill
11-28-13, 08:31 AM
Happy thanksgiving everyone. I'm thankful for OC, and for the fact that in about 14 hours, I will be done visiting both sides of the family and back at home.

gjc2
11-28-13, 09:10 AM
It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without . . . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

HT everyone, eat a lot!

Andrew Longman
11-28-13, 09:30 AM
G: There are extensions on both ends that slide out leaving one bread board on each end. I don't have a planer. Our minister does so I was going to take him up on his offer to use his but some of the pieces arrived too wide for it (it came rough cut 5/4ths and one hickory board was more than 15" wide). Fortunately there is an architectural woodworking shop in our little town and they let me use their large format planer. The wife picked Minwax special walnut stain for the top and cherry for the bottom. It is just a hand wax finish which is my favorite. The more the table gets used the better and softer the finish gets. The table weighs nearly a ton. Or so my wife and youngest son and I thought when we hauled it out of the garage and into the house. We had to put it down five times and rest. It was at the absolute limit of what we could handle.

Thanks for the comments everyone and have a grateful and happy day!

SteveH
11-28-13, 10:43 AM
http://holykaw.alltop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/enhanced-buzz-13980-1385054058-18-e1385560816736.jpg

stroker
11-28-13, 11:14 AM
It's going to be a tough day without the family, but I'm still trying very hard to be thankful for all the good things in my life. I've got plenty to be thankful for, and all of my friends at OC are one of them. :thumbup:

TKGAngel
11-28-13, 12:07 PM
Andrew, that table is just gorgeous.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Dvdb
11-28-13, 12:07 PM
Gobble Tov

RaceGrrl
11-28-13, 10:34 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. The table is amazing, Andrew. The only thing I made for the holiday was noodles. :laugh:

Insomniac
11-29-13, 01:59 PM
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Awesome table Andrew!

Gnam
11-30-13, 03:47 AM
Gobble Tov
Winner. :D

2nd Longman's table
3rd Bingo card joke about too many hugs

Gnam
11-26-14, 02:14 PM
^bump.

Happy Thanksgiving OC.

This year there will be less family attending. They're going to Vegas instead.
So, they've been replaced with friends. More pie for me. Gobble gobble.

SteveH
11-26-14, 02:40 PM
I'll have dinner with Charlie, my 10 week old grandson tomorrow. I'll eat and he'll sleep. Then later I will too. :D

http://youtu.be/lf3mgmEdfwg

Have a great Thanksgiving!

TravelGal
11-26-14, 05:53 PM
I give thanks for a community of folks, many of whom I never met, that take time from their day to stop in here and share their observations, humor, knowledge, skills, and friendship. Bless you all. TravelGal, TravelGuy, and TravelMom

gjc2
11-26-14, 07:11 PM
I'll have dinner with Charlie, my 10 week old grandson tomorrow. I'll eat and he'll sleep. Then later I will too. :D

http://youtu.be/lf3mgmEdfwg

Have a great Thanksgiving!

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly"

I've seen that scene a hundred times and it never gets old.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

dando
11-26-14, 09:22 PM
Happy, happy all. Let us give thanks and praise. :)

stroker
11-26-14, 10:26 PM
I was feeling sorry for myself with the divorce in its final stages and a frozen pizza waiting for me tomorrow. Then I realized there are people in hospital beds who haven't had a visit in months, or people who are looking forward to a cold night in threadbare blanket and I felt ashamed. I have the friendship of good folks like you and the ability to make my life whatever I can. I have nothing to complain about and for that I thank almighty God.

dando
11-27-14, 01:55 AM
I was feeling sorry for myself with the divorce in its final stages and a frozen pizza waiting for me tomorrow. Then I realized there are people in hospital beds who haven't had a visit in months, or people who are looking forward to a cold night in threadbare blanket and I felt ashamed. I have the friendship of good folks like you and the ability to make my life whatever I can. I have nothing to complain about and for that I thank almighty God.

Please don't get me started on this. The tales I could tell.... Peace and love and enjoy as best as you can. :cool:

Elmo T
11-27-14, 12:04 PM
Peace and love and enjoy as best as you can. :cool:

Even when things are the darkest, there are bright spots out there if you look.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

stroker
11-27-14, 12:16 PM
Please don't get me started on this. The tales I could tell.... Peace and love and enjoy as best as you can. :cool:

roger that. I'll tip my beer to a brother in arms. :)

Gnam
11-27-14, 04:48 PM
No way. Just had a 3.1 magnitude aftershock. :D

nrc
11-28-14, 03:19 AM
Hoping you all had a safe and happy Thanksgiving. We're thankful for having such a great group of online friends here.