PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Cap to Webber

Easy
11-25-13, 05:12 PM
His F1 career was maybe a bit star crossed. Finally signed with a top team but it was Williams as they started a serious decline then it all starts to come good at Red Bull and Helmut Marko lit the fuse on the Vettel-Newey juggernaut.

I'll miss seeing him every other week in F1 but look forward to watching him bag a few Le Mans victories.

WickerBill
11-25-13, 08:24 PM
I have to find a new driver to follow now. Probably Button or Rosberg, or maybe one of the new guys will not be a complete tosser.

He shoulda won more races. He shoulda learned how to start better. And he shoulda learned how to be shorter and lighter. But I like rooting for the underdog who could come good. Will miss Mark.

JohnHKart
11-26-13, 02:02 AM
I'm a huge fan ,and I'm forever greatful to have been there at his first win at the Nurburgring in 2009. I felt like I was a good luck charm, because on my first visit there in 99 Stewart won it's only race and this was the same team two owners and ten years later . It was a great drive and I think he got a drive through penalty and still won the race !

Rogue Leader
11-26-13, 03:11 PM
I will never forget that first race in Australia when he came in 5th (which for Minardi was basically a win), the atmosphere was unbelievable, it was thrilling.

I thought what he did at the end of the race (taking his helmet off for the cooldown lap) was pretty amazing as well, just to feel the wind and the air over his face in these beasts he has been taming for so many years. Probably a somber moment for him as well.

Good luck Mark!

SteveH
11-26-13, 05:47 PM
I was never a fan but the significance of his career is not lost on me. There were always those who were flashier, more cut throat and ultimately faster (not to mention better starters :) ) but he's been a credit to the series. I hope he does well with Porsche.

cameraman
11-26-13, 07:23 PM
WEC has rolling starts so he should be fine...