PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi

cameraman
11-02-13, 08:16 PM
So Kimi is driving but he is starting 22nd as his car failed post qualifying tech inspection.
Kimi cracked the floor at some point going over kerbs and it failed the deflection test.
He's just having way too much fun right now.:shakehead:

stroker
11-02-13, 08:33 PM
I didn't even know there was a race this weekend...

cameraman
11-02-13, 08:59 PM
Red Bulls on the front row, Mercs on two, Ferrari's are completely lost. Sauber is still trying to close in on Force India.
Webber was faster than Vettel - who knows maybe his car won't fail in some way tomorrow.

opinionated ow
11-03-13, 10:54 AM
Gosh that was boring...Tilke should be banned from going near racetracks anywhere! Nearly fell asleep

dando
11-03-13, 01:39 PM
I didn't even know there was a race this weekend...

When a race happens in a forest (or in this case a desert)...

stroker
11-03-13, 01:46 PM
When a race happens in a forest (or in this case a desert)...

If F1 is beginning to resemble the IRL in any way they should be very concerned.

Mary
11-03-13, 03:06 PM
I tried watching, but after a few laps it was hopeless.

Mary

cameraman
11-03-13, 03:55 PM
I watched it all the way through and the midfield racing was actually pretty interesting. Obviously Vettel was going to win unless his car broke or he crashed out but the rest of the race was far more interesting than the Schumacher era parades where he was equally out in front and everyone else was in an unchanging parade behind him. At least in this race there was some serious racing for position going on throughout the entire event even if it was for 5th.

AT least the stewards didn't do anything stupid.

While car #3 did leave the track at Turn 3-4 the stewards believe that he had no choice, as car #18 closed on him, Car #18 was at the end of his stint with worn tyres and was fully committed to the turn as car #3 exited the pits. Telemetry confirms that car #3 was significantly faster, on option tyres, and had the advantage throughout the sequence. The drivers' explanations were completely clear. Therefore the stewards determine that neither car could avoid the incident, and no advantage was gained as a result of the incident.

Did you guys notice the shot of the partial solar eclipse during the race. The crew didn't mention it but it was there.

And as if you actually needed any, further proof that F1 > Indycar.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYLTzlYIQAA09wh.jpg:large
It seems that Fernando Alonso took quite the shock when he went off the track avoiding Verne.

According to the mri everything is in one piece.

The 32-year-old, who took part in his normal media commitments after the race, said he was suffering some pain in his back after the incident. The alarm in the car is triggered when it exceeds a G-force of 18, and means the driver must go to the medical centre for a check-up. Alonso experienced vertical 28G in the impact. A measurement of acceleration felt as weight, most F1 drivers are exposed to a lateral load of about 5G on fast corners. "I still have all my teeth," Alonso joked after the race, in which he finished fifth. "The back is obviously a little bit painful because it was a big hit. "We have the alarm on the chassis after a minimum of G-forces, this alarm for the medical car etc. Hopefully I am OK for Austin."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24798485

SteveH
11-03-13, 06:56 PM
Did you guys notice the shot of the partial solar eclipse during the race. The crew didn't mention it but it was there.