PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics back from the Dead, but still on Life Support?

stroker
10-29-13, 12:17 PM
Anyone else see this?

http://www.atlanticchampionshipseries.com/news/536-atlantic-championship-series-rolls-for-2014.html

Andrew Longman
10-29-13, 01:15 PM
Are they using the spec Swift chassis and Mazda I4?

Good to see but no where near where it needs to be. And it needs to be aligned someway with Star Mazda and Indylites. Or not.

Elmo T
10-29-13, 01:17 PM
The future of AOWR?

Wheel-Nut
10-29-13, 02:31 PM
The future of AOWR?

Why not? Cut off the dead growth at the top and feed the roots.

Easy
10-29-13, 07:25 PM
Its organized by and runs with the F2000 Championship Series, which is not the same as the Indycar sanctioned USF2000 series run by Dan Andersen's group. They also run a Formula F (FKA Formula Ford 1600) series as part of the package. Handful of young guns mixed with high level club racers. Open chassis selection which is allowing a few guys to learn tons while developing new cars to take on the Van Diemens.

NismoZ
10-29-13, 10:15 PM
Not realistic but...slap an ALMS Mazda turbo in those Swifts and leapfrog the Lights to the top rung! And what's this crap about the new Speed3 to be a 200hp NON-turbo!? That is just nonsensical!! Mileage over ZOOM? :irked: I get 33.5 hw now (AND a pile of fun) with the '010 and was drooling over the '014 "upgrade"...geez, my Prelude had 200 NA hp and was fun, but not Speed3 fun. Seriously, Mazda wants to compete in sales with the Civic SI? Good luck with that! Maybe Honda offers a new Prelude? Great, I'll probably be driving to RA next year in an SUV anyway!:irked: