PDA

View Full Version : Stupider by the day...

cameraman
10-22-13, 11:01 PM
So the folks a Maersk Line have built the current largest ship in the world called the Triple-E. The people at Discovery Channel made a six show series on building the ship. It is premiering on the Discovery channel in Denmark/England this week. The project, coincidentally called World’s Biggest Ship, will roll out internationally in more than 220 countries and territories across Europe, Middle East, Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America beginning this month. In the USA? Never. That would mean interrupting things like Tickle, BarHunters, Fast N' Loud or Buying the Bayou:flaming: That would be never on any of the dozen or so Discovery Channels in the US.

What the **** is up with this country just wallowing in ignorance.

RUfGCngF9DI

Napoleon
10-23-13, 06:30 AM
What the **** is up with this country just wallowing in ignorance.

Are you new here in 'Merica?

We are aggressively ignorant and proud of it.

Is that show going to be available on the web?

cameraman
10-23-13, 11:02 AM
Maybe after it broadcasts the the 222 other countries:rolleyes:

datachicane
10-23-13, 11:42 AM
What are you, some kind of elitist? Honey Boo-Boo ain't good enough for you, huh?
We're 'Murrica, there's nothin' we can learn from anyone, and we prove it every day.

SurfaceUnits
10-23-13, 12:17 PM
I saw a show the other day on the construction of that row boat. They were using sledgehammers to bend some pipes that were preventing two sections from being mated. "muricans know sledgehammers

Napoleon
10-23-13, 02:42 PM
Maybe after it broadcasts the the 222 other countries:rolleyes:

Another reason to want to move to Zimbabwe

TravelGal
10-23-13, 10:26 PM
Another reason to want to move to Zimbabwe

Could we at least make it Namibia?

cameraman
10-23-13, 11:31 PM
Yeah, I mean I want to watch the show but not that much.

Ankf00
10-24-13, 11:48 AM
the A380 of the sea. The Danes already regret commissioning the thing

cameraman
10-24-13, 12:59 PM
If they can reduce the cost per container by anywhere near the 30% that they forecast and if that allows decent a profit at $1500/ 2 TEU box then they won't be regretting anything.

nrc
10-24-13, 01:52 PM
If you go to the site it looks like a Maersk infomercial. Maersk probably paid for the production and has sponsored it where they want it to air. It doesn't hurt that it helps Discovery meet their EU content quota in Europe. Even though I'm interested in the topic and consider everything more interesting when it's done in a Scottish accent, that clip was stultifying. Hardly worthy of the grand tradition of European documentary television.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8R2zvE615dM

devilmaster
10-25-13, 02:13 AM
It may still be broadcast over in north america... but they'd have to voice-over with Mike Rowe, and then subtitle most of the Danes... Just takes time... :/