PDA

View Full Version : APC surge protector recall

KLang
10-06-13, 12:32 PM
FYI Link here. (http://recall.apc.com/en)

I have three in the house manufactured in 2001. Online form was pretty painless.

nrc
10-09-13, 11:34 AM
Thanks. None of those in the house. I've pretty much sworn off APC in favor of Cyberpower for for home stuff but we still have some APC UPSs around eating batteries. Most of the time I figure if something is worth a surge suppressor then it's probably worth a small UPS.

KLang
10-09-13, 12:58 PM
I too have switched to UPS's for most electronic stuff. Our power at the house is crappy. I'm having good luck so far with APC's Back-UPS Pro line. I'll take a peek at Cyberpower next time I'm in the market.

Insomniac
10-10-13, 12:51 PM
I have an APC UPS that is a Back-Ups Pro and when it determined the battery was dead set of an alarm that the only way to turn off is to turn-off/unplug the UPS. I know it's being helpful checking the battery health, but 1. it's not that dire and 2. an occasional beep is plenty to let me know I should replace it.

It works out great when that happens while you're working. If you're on a call, hope it's not important you speak and if you need any equipment that is plugged in, it has to be shut down to kill the alarm.

KLang
10-10-13, 01:02 PM
Haven't had a battery go out on one of the new models yet. We'll see......:eek: