Jul 13 Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Jul 25 Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Aug 10 Road America
Aug 24 Virginia International Raceway
Sep 20 Circuit of The Americas
Oct 4 Road Atlanta

TUDOR United SportsCar Championship Schedule Released

12-Event Inaugural Season Will Showcase New Series At Premium Venues
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 20, 2013) – Continuing its commitment to revolutionize sports car racing in North America, the International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) today announced a 12-race schedule for the 2014 debut season of the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship starting with the 52nd running of the Rolex 24 At Daytona on Jan. 25-26.

http://www.alms.com/articles/tudor-united-sportscar-championship-schedule-released

Gnam
10-01-13, 03:32 PM
Only two oval in-field tracks. :golf clap:

No Lime Rock or Mid Ohio. :(

Laguna in May. :D:thumbup:

nissan gtp
10-01-13, 05:36 PM
that's a great schedule. anybody know what the TV plan is ?? hopefully the nascar connection will get them all on live

SurfaceUnits
10-01-13, 06:25 PM
FOX SPORTS

The one major item RACER has confirmed that will be revealed is the 2014 television package, which features a five-year deal with Fox to make its new Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 cable outlets the homes for USCR events.

For sports car racing fans, the 2014 USCR broadcasts should have a familiar look and feel as many of the recognizable names and faces are expected to return. The USCR agreement with Fox complements NASCAR's recent signing of a long-term deal to air is various stock car series across Fox's network and cable channels, and aligns its sports car properties, including Grand-Am's Continental Tire Series, with one media company.

Grand-Am's existing relationship with Fox through its SPEED property (which converts to Fox Sports 1 on Aug. 17) dates back to its inaugural season in 2000. The ALMS also enjoyed a long stint on SPEED, departing for the 2011 season to differentiate itself through offerings of live streaming and edited or delayed broadcasts across multiple ABC/ESPN properties, yet added a pair of events on SPEED for 2013, including the 12 Hours of Sebring in March and October's series finale at Petit Le Mans.

Gnam
10-01-13, 08:54 PM
Apr 12 Long Beach Street Circuit
May 31 Detroit Belle Isle
Street race survivors?

When Indycar condenses to just the GP of Indy and the 500, these may be the last two temporary street courses in America.

SurfaceUnits
10-01-13, 08:58 PM
St. Pete wouldn't be a bad race for a good series

NismoZ
10-02-13, 02:07 PM
Maybe not perfect but that is a VERY good schedule. Hope it expands to 15 someday! The PRODUCT needs to succeed before the tracks can thrive. If the GT class can match that last ALMS show I don't care WHERE they race! (within reason!)

Rogue Leader
10-02-13, 04:22 PM
At least they have a real TV package, not the crap they had for ALMS these past 2 years.....

Andrew Longman
10-02-13, 05:09 PM
Maybe not perfect but that is a VERY good schedule. Hope it expands to 15 someday! The PRODUCT needs to succeed before the tracks can thrive. If the GT class can match that last ALMS show I don't care WHERE they race! (within reason!)

Key for me (or maybe is was a worry) is that Mosport is on and Kansas is off. Given that Kansas is run by a France family member I think that is surprising and perhaps telling of some sanity down the road.

IMS is going to suck and Belle Isle too but strangely not quite as much.

MO and Lime Rock need to be on it but at least at Lime Rock maybe as GT only. Pit and paddock space are real issues there that the track can't likely address.

After that, where else would we like them to go? Laguna Seca and Portland? There are not a lot of other places left that would matter.

Easy
10-02-13, 08:23 PM
I think they got it about as right as one could hope for. Given all the competing interests there was always going to be a few parties left unhappy. I am a little surprised Mid-Ohio isn't on there. I hope that isn't a reflection of waning interest in road racing from American Honda.

Most importantly, my schedule prediction scored about 10.5 out of 12. I'll only give myself 1/4 points for LBGP and Belle Isle since I went with, "a street course or two to be named later".

Now,, where is my hard card ,,, ? :gomer: