PDA

View Full Version : Houston Grand Prix

Wheel-Nut
09-23-13, 04:28 PM
Marketing Genius

https://www.facebook.com/GrandPrixOfHouston

WHAT IS THE H-BLOCK ????

It's located in Grand Stand 2 and it's the ultimate place for Honda fans to experience the excitement of the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston. As a fan in the H-BLOCK, you will receive an exclusive Honda Fan Pack, including a Honda Racing/HPD hat, rally towel and cinch bag, and will also have a chance to win more exclusive prizes. The H-BLOCK is the place to be on race day. Don’t miss out, get your tickets today!

Please bring your ticket to the H-BLOCK Redemption Center (located behind grandstand 2) where you will be given your Honda Fan Pack. You must have your ticket with you to receive your merchandise. One Honda Fan Pack will be given per ticket in the H-BLOCK. Merchandise redemption in the H-BLOCK will be happening on Saturday ONLY. Please come to the H-BLOCK Redemption Center by the start of the race to ensure you receive your Honda Fan Pack.

Media Release:
*By purchasing a ticket in the H-BLOCK - Honda Fan Section at the Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston, each attendee grants American Honda Motor Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment or additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.

SteveH
09-23-13, 04:50 PM
Better get prepared....

KLang
09-23-13, 05:12 PM
Oct 4-6, really? I've seen nothing about this. :laugh: And I usually buy gas at Shell.:rofl:

Don Quixote
09-23-13, 06:05 PM
I would never sign up unless I got a red hat. And Steve, stay out of my medicine cabinet.

SurfaceUnits
09-26-13, 03:22 AM
Oct 4-6, really? I've seen nothing about this. :laugh: And I usually buy gas at Shell.:rofl:

ITs' gone to be theyre brakeoiut event

Elmo T
09-26-13, 08:34 AM
From the couple IRL events I attended at M-O and Nazareth, there is this attempt to create a buzz through these artificial fan forums/events.

The "we are so great", self-important, delusional, masturbatory self-promotion is somehow both comical and sad.

Andrew Longman
09-26-13, 11:51 AM
Oct 4-6, really? I've seen nothing about this. :laugh: And I usually buy gas at Shell.:rofl:I've been in town every week since June. Last month I started hearing spots on the classic rock station in the rental car (104.9 or something) for it.

I haven't had even an itch to stick around some weekend for it... but I am flying to Atlanta next month for Le Petite instead of going home.

There was a time when I would try to arrange my business travel around the CART and F1 calenders. No more.

Wheel-Nut
09-26-13, 01:50 PM
I've been in town every week since June. Last month I started hearing spots on the classic rock station in the rental car (104.9 or something) for it.

I haven't had even an itch to stick around some weekend for it... but I am flying to Atlanta next month for Le Petite instead of going home.

There was a time when I would try to arrange my business travel around the CART and F1 calenders. No more.

I live here. If I get free tickets I MIGHT go.

I'm hearing more advertisements for the F1 race in Austin than I am hearing for the indy car race in town.

KLang
09-26-13, 02:31 PM
I do read the paper every day but beyond that I don't listen or watch much local media. Shell surprises me, back in the CART days they had advertising at the gas stations. Nothing now. I won't be going.

dando
09-26-13, 02:34 PM
I do read the paper every day but beyond that I don't listen or watch much local media. Shell surprises me, back in the CART days they had advertising at the gas stations. Nothing now. I won't be going.

What's a paper? :gomer:

KLang
09-26-13, 02:53 PM

I'm old fashioned, get the Houston Chronicle and Wall Street Journal daily. :) I did give up books for the Kindle. :p

Andrew Longman
09-26-13, 04:41 PM
There is literally no longer a bookstore in my county. It is a 45 minute drive to a B&N and they usually don't have the book I am looking for. Bought a Kindle for the wife in August and I don't think we've spoken since. She capped it out with Nora Roberts novels and disappeared.

nissan gtp
09-26-13, 09:13 PM
There is literally no longer a bookstore in my county. It is a 45 minute drive to a B&N and they usually don't have the book I am looking for. Bought a Kindle for the wife in August and I don't think we've spoken since. She capped it out with Nora Roberts novels and disappeared.

We used to go to Borders a lot, but when they went away, I got used to buying from amazon. Now that B&N opened (in the old Borders location), we have gone on occasion, but Amazon with Prime and an AZ credit card it's good. Online shopping, got to love it.

gerhard911
09-26-13, 09:20 PM

me,, me,,, me,,,, me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wheel-Nut
09-27-13, 09:35 AM
Hey, back on topic . . . . the Jumbotrons arrived.

:D

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1378754_443788059076277_525192442_n.jpg

Mary
09-28-13, 12:11 PM
I'm old fashioned, get the Houston Chronicle and Wall Street Journal daily. :) I did give up books for the Kindle. :p

I used to miss actually reading the paper; when I actually read one now, I still do. But last time I bought a New York Times it was $2 the Sunday edition is a lot more (I do not have a doorman; delivery doesn't work here). It cost $15/month to get the whole thing online. I won't be returning to paper.

Mary

Wheel-Nut
10-01-13, 01:37 PM
Interesting . . .

SurfaceUnits
10-01-13, 03:02 PM
I hope there will be a bunch of yellows because that just means a bunch of coiled snakes wanting to win!

Andrew Longman
10-01-13, 07:19 PM
Local news last night had a piece on how they had to wait until after the Texans game to start "erecting stands for 150,000 weekend fans, 18 miles of cable and umpteen tons of concrete barriers."... "A task that usually takes a month"

"Tickets start at $10"

Somehow I was channelling the Charlestown Chiefs goalie interview with their radio voice in Slapshot.

SurfaceUnits
10-01-13, 07:57 PM
I'm glad their expectations are so unreasonable. The letdown will be more grater.

G.
10-01-13, 09:49 PM
Local news last night had a piece on how they had to wait until after the Texans game to start "erecting stands for 150,000 weekend fans, 18 miles of cable and umpteen tons of concrete barriers."... "A task that usually takes a month"

"Tickets start at $10"

Somehow I was channelling the Charlestown Chiefs goalie interview with their radio voice in Slapshot.

But unlike in 2006-07, when the race was held during the Texans' offseason, construction crews will have to work around a tight schedule to get the 1.7-mile, 10-turn circuit built in the Reliant Park parking lot. After the Texans' game concludes Sunday, the clock begins at 6 p.m. on a 96-hour schedule to construct the track, which includes installing more than 1,700 feet of barriers, miles of catch fencing and 20,000 grandstand seats.

It's from here, but you need to subscribe. (http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/article/IndyCar-racing-returns-to-Houston-after-six-year-4853351.php)

MoCartt posted the link and scissors did the maths over at smacked. It's going to be hard to hide 90,000 fans under the shady grandstands.

:D

Wheel-Nut
10-02-13, 10:24 AM
Interesting . . .

Someone ask me why that is interesting . . . .

Don Quixote
10-02-13, 11:12 AM
Someone ask me why that is interesting . . . .Because tobacco advertising is illegal, but they can do it for these electronic deals?

Wheel-Nut
10-02-13, 11:22 AM
Because tobacco advertising is illegal, but they can do it for these electronic deals?

No.

This is why it's interesting -

The Shell and Pennzoil Grand Prix of Houston presented by the Greater Houston Honda Dealers, welcomes The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center as 2013 event sponsor and primary beneficiary, Oct. 4-6. Grand Prix Charities of Houston unveiled two unique programs designed to benefit the top ranked cancer center.

G.
10-02-13, 02:25 PM
Someone ask me why that is interesting . . . .

Couldn't even wait 24 hrs. to see if someone bit?

Must suck to go fishing with you.

;):p

Wheel-Nut
10-02-13, 03:02 PM
Couldn't even wait 24 hrs. to see if someone bit?

Must suck to go fishing with you.

;):p

I go "beer drinking" and sometimes wet a line. :D