PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Indycarz GP is HISTORY

Chief
09-13-13, 04:35 PM
Apparently they have no open dates on the Baltimore calendar in 2014 to allow the RIL clown carz to race. Buh-bye. :thumbup:

Oh, and 2015 either. Bwahahhahaha! :rofl:

SurfaceUnits
09-13-13, 05:34 PM
The Grand Prix of Baltimore presented by SRT was an IndyCar Series and American Le Mans Series race held on a street circuit in Baltimore, Maryland. The inaugural race was held September 4, 2011. ESPN said it was the best inaugural street race in America in the last 30 years. The races are contested on a temporary street circuit around the Inner Harbor area of downtown Baltimore.

Baltimore Racing Development signed a multi-year contract with IndyCar and the City of Baltimore to organize the race, but the city terminated their contract with BRD at the end of 2011 due to unpaid debts.[3] On February 15, 2012 it was announced that the city of Baltimore had entered into a five-year agreement with Downforce Racing to manage the race.[4] However, Downforce failed to fulfill their obligations to the city. On May 10, 2012 it was announced that Race On LLC. and Andretti Sports Marketing, led by racing legend Michael Andretti would take over the organization and promotion of the event.[5] Race On LLC is owned by Gregory O'Neill and J.P. Grant III. On september 13, 2013 it was announced that the grand prix would not be held in 2014 or 2015 due to scheduling conflicts.

The best thing about Indycarz is it's always good to be a hater

Gnam
09-13-13, 05:41 PM
That means no USCR race either. Good news for tracks on the bubble, like Lime Rock. :thumbup:

JoeBob
09-13-13, 09:42 PM
I'm shocked!

SurfaceUnits
09-13-13, 10:13 PM
There gone to double and triple up at there 3 remaining tracks. Shortly, it will be the Indy only racing leeg :tony:

Chief
09-14-13, 09:34 AM
How can it be that the WORLD knows the product blows, but the producers of the product don't get it?

HaY Racing Truth...or any one else, can you tell me how Dallara won't even do bodykits to make that ghastlty butt-dragging 3/4 open wheel car look better? It's own momma don't want anything to do with it.... I mean, you guys are running out of domestic market strret festivals. You can't live off of CART-esque economic impact numbers anymore because you have a track record. A very bad track record.

This is going better than anyone ever expected. It's not even a zombie anymore...it's a headless corpse the Hulmans keep trying to shock back to life. Frankly, I couldn't be happier for them. :thumbup:

stroker
09-14-13, 09:51 AM
so if Midas was able to touch objects and turn them to Gold, what's the equivalent when you touch something and it turns to crap? The "Georgian Touch"?