PDA

View Full Version : NFL 2013

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Gnam
12-09-13, 02:58 AM
The 49ers beat the division leader in a close game AND improve their chances to make the playoffs. Plus they beat Pete Carroll, which is always nice. Yet I am not happy with HOW they won. Four field goals? Please.

I have officially become a spoiled fan. :gomer:
Three years ago they were the worst. Now they are the worst NFC wild card team. The horror.

Gnam
12-09-13, 01:55 PM
No Monday or Thursday night home games for the 49ers next year. The new stadium won't have enough parking for the fans on weekdays. :gomer:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Lack-of-parking-will-block-in-49ers-on-weeknight-5047223.php

cameraman
12-09-13, 03:16 PM
No Monday or Thursday night home games for the 49ers next year. The new stadium won't have enough parking for the fans on weekdays. :gomer:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matier-ross/article/Lack-of-parking-will-block-in-49ers-on-weeknight-5047223.php

A wonderful use of over a billion dollars:shakehead:

Don Quixote
12-09-13, 06:29 PM
This can't be real, can it?

no tailgating at the superbowl (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10109826/no-tailgating-parties-super-bowl-stadium)

cameraman
12-09-13, 06:54 PM
Anymore nothing can be too stupid. That they built a billion dollar stadium that can't support tailgating well that sounds like San Francisco...

The bottom line is there is no direct cash profit to tailgating and in fact it probably reduces inside the park sales so therefore in order to maximize profits tailgating needs to go away.

Ya know for security reasons, don't want any al qaeda rigged barbecue grills:rolleyes:

dando
12-09-13, 07:25 PM
This can't be real, can it?

no tailgating at the superbowl (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10109826/no-tailgating-parties-super-bowl-stadium)

More than likely afraid of Nags fans toking and toting. :gomer:

Tifosi24
12-09-13, 10:07 PM
I like the petroleum storage tanks, electric substation, and drainage ditch right next to the stadium. It looks like the found the only parcel of land in Santa Clara that nobody wanted.

On a completely unrelated note, I just heard on the radio that they re-sodded Soldier Field again. It will probably turn into a disaster, and, if it does, the NFL needs to do something about the field conditions there.

Gnam
12-09-13, 10:47 PM
I like the petroleum storage tanks, electric substation, and drainage ditch right next to the stadium. It looks like the found the only parcel of land in Santa Clara that nobody wanted.
It used to be an overfill parking lot for an amusement park called Great America. It started out as a bluff position to make the City of San Francisco build them a new stadium. When SF refused all their ideas, the parking lot was all that was left. They also convinced Santa Clara to give them the land and borrow $850 million for the new stadium.

chop456
12-15-13, 05:49 PM
http://assets.football.com/en-us/b244b24064d6848f3e583dfb6356fa66-img1.jpg

If I may reiterate.

WickerBill
12-15-13, 07:49 PM
That man has won as many Super Bowls as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, and Warren Moon combined. Careful.

:)

dando
12-15-13, 08:27 PM
Shanny has lost his mind.

dando
12-15-13, 10:33 PM
I understand that the Bungles are playing like Bungles, but please explain 'targetting' or 'hits to the head' when a punter gets a fractured jaw on a block. Clearly helemt to helmet. I am really getting sick of pro football. Period.

nrc
12-16-13, 03:15 AM

Article 9
It is a foul if a player initiates unnecessary contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture.
(a)Players in a defenseless posture are:

(1)A player in the act of or just after throwing a pass;
(2)A receiver attempting to catch a pass; or who has completed a catch and has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner. If the receiver/runner is capable of avoiding or warding off the impending contact of an opponent, he is no longer a defenseless player;
(3) A runner already in the grasp of a tackler and whose forward progress has been stopped;
(4) A kickoff or punt returner attempting to field a kick in the air;
(5) A player on the ground at the end of a play;
(6) A kicker/punter during the kick or during the return;
(7) A quarterback at any time after a change of possession, and
(8) A player who receives a “blindside” block when the blocker is moving toward his own endline and approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.
(b) Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and
(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.

The Bengals did more than enough to lose this game all on their own but I'm not sure how it's possible with all the attention to head injuries that five years after Keith Rivers the Steelers are still getting away with breaking jaws by putting the crown of their helmet under a defenseless player's chin. :mad:

chop456
12-16-13, 11:43 AM
That man has won as many Super Bowls as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts, Jim Kelly, and Warren Moon combined. Careful.

:)

If he keeps playing like he is, they should take those away. :D

chop456
12-16-13, 10:19 PM
Don Q. has been notably absent from this thread today.

Don Quixote
12-17-13, 09:46 AM

dando
12-17-13, 09:48 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: x11

$10 that guy has a hairy back with a #3 shaved into it. :D

RaceGrrl
12-17-13, 10:41 AM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: x11

$10 that guy has a hairy back with a #3 shaved into it. :D

I was thinking the same thing.

BTW, OC will only allow a total of 8 smilies in a post. Therefore, dando, you used up all the smilies and I am unable to include one. Thanks for nothing! LOL

dando
12-17-13, 12:01 PM

BTW, OC will only allow a total of 8 smilies in a post. Therefore, dando, you used up all the smilies and I am unable to include one. Thanks for nothing! LOL

:p

WickerBill
12-17-13, 03:15 PM

You will live by the completely arbitrary rules I set 11 years ago and you will like it! ;)

chop456
12-18-13, 03:25 AM

The Bengals did more than enough to lose this game all on their own but I'm not sure how it's possible with all the attention to head injuries that five years after Keith Rivers the Steelers are still getting away with breaking jaws by putting the crown of their helmet under a defenseless player's chin. :mad:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10155375/dean-blandino-head-nfl-officials-says-hit-kevin-huber-was-illegal

dando
12-18-13, 08:21 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10155375/dean-blandino-head-nfl-officials-says-hit-kevin-huber-was-illegal

Duh. They need to start suspending players and officials (like the NHL) for hits like this and non-calls. There is no excuse for missing calls or hits like this. Garvin should miss the last two games w/o pay. Tomlin could then take his spot on special teams since he does such a good job of hip checking. :gomer: :saywhat:

dando
12-18-13, 08:37 AM
Apparently Gnam is up to mischief....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10155291/san-francisco-49ers-fans-tweak-seattle-seahawks-billboard

:gomer:

Gnam
12-18-13, 02:57 PM
:) Seahawks fans are generally nice people. Most of the 49er hate is directed at Pete Carroll, their silly green shoes, and that noisy stadium. :mad:

nrc
12-18-13, 08:42 PM
Garvin fined $25G for his hit on Huber and the league admits it should have been a flag. Hopefully Hochuli's crew will get downgraded and we won't have to see him throwing flags just to flash his guns in the play-offs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300537/article/steelers-terence-garvin-fined-25k-for-kevin-huber-hit

SteveH
12-19-13, 12:47 AM
You can track Ed here
http://whereisedhochuli.com

dando
12-19-13, 07:11 AM
Garvin fined $25G for his hit on Huber and the league admits it should have been a flag. Hopefully Hochuli's crew will get downgraded and we won't have to see him throwing flags just to flash his guns in the play-offs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000300537/article/steelers-terence-garvin-fined-25k-for-kevin-huber-hit

Take a player out for the last two regular season games (and hopefully playoffs), and you get a $25K fine?!? :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead: :thumbdown:

stroker
12-19-13, 10:18 AM
The Las Vegas line has the Bears/Eagles and the Packers/Steelers as toss-ups. It's going to be a hell of a weekend.

Don Quixote
12-19-13, 01:07 PM
Take a player out for the last two regular season games (and hopefully playoffs), and you get a $25K fine?!? :saywhat: :irked: :shakehead: :thumbdown:Agreed. But don't make me dig up the posts where you were supporting Bertuzzi after he broke Steve Moore's neck. :p

Insomniac
12-21-13, 02:23 PM

Belichick is right, just let them challenge anything, even judgement calls. I don't get why you can't double check if you made a bad judgement. You're human, it happens. If the video shows you there is indisputable video evidence your judgment was wrong, reverse the call or non-call. Seems so simple.

SteveH
12-21-13, 05:42 PM
Did someone just say double check, my friend?
\

Gnam
12-23-13, 06:35 PM
Can't believe the Cardnials upset the Seahawks at home.
http://s29.postimg.org/lrkgxqkzr/large_revenge_of_the_birds_42985.png

Although, their win makes the NFC West an over-crowded phone booth. Too many birds. ;)

http://s24.postimg.org/zcy85vd11/melanie_scage2.jpg

dando
12-23-13, 10:20 PM
Agreed. But don't make me dig up the posts where you were supporting Bertuzzi after he broke Steve Moore's neck. :p

Dude...I only supported Bert and Ernie (for years). Not Big Bert. :gomer:

Gnam
12-24-13, 04:08 AM
Kill the refs! They almost gift wrapped that game for Atlanta. Sons of a motherless goat. :mad:

Thanks to a lucky bounce the 49ers pulled out a win, but dang that was close.
49er defense is not ready for the playoffs. :shakehead:

WickerBill
12-24-13, 07:31 AM
The "defenseless" calls should all be automatically reviewed. It is crazy to ask the men on the field to make that call perfectly. Whitner was a victim of his reputation and words on the subject -- but his tackle was fine. Replay would have corrected the call.

I can live with a couple extra replays a game if it means not screwing the defense out of a stop.

dando
12-29-13, 03:08 PM
Dear Bmore...sorry we broke your QB. :gomer:

Dear CBS: it's Bengals, not Bingles. :saywhat:

dando
12-29-13, 03:13 PM
I finally spotted nrc @ PBS.

:tony:

Elmo T
12-29-13, 04:31 PM
Dear CBS: it's Bengals, not Bingles. :saywhat:

Emmo was yelling at the TV that they were saying it wrong! :rofl:

dando
12-29-13, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upHWtPkuD5s

:D

Gnam
12-29-13, 07:37 PM
The Red Zone is kryptonite for the 49ers' offense. The closer they get to it, the weaker they get. :shakehead:

stroker
12-29-13, 09:10 PM
The Red Zone is kryptonite for the 49ers' offense. The closer they get to it, the weaker they get. :shakehead:

Good! The way the Packer defense is playing they'll need all the help they can get next week!

nrc
12-29-13, 10:01 PM
I finally spotted nrc @ PBS.

:tony:

Ha. I'm not nearly that interesting. Great to kick the Ravens out of the post-season. Happy to see the Steelers will be sitting home as well, although it would have been nice for a little pay-back on that last game.

Gotta love a fight song with a tuba. Waiting impatiently for next week's game schedule...

dando
12-29-13, 10:24 PM

Well, seeing CP watching the playoffs from his couch is worth a 9ners W. :gomer:

dando
12-29-13, 10:44 PM
Ha. I'm not nearly that interesting. Great to kick the Ravens out of the post-season. Happy to see the Steelers will be sitting home as well, although it would have been nice for a little pay-back on that last game.

Gotta love a fight song with a tuba. Waiting impatiently for next week's game schedule...

Bummer. I thought the Duck Dynasty look was a goog thing. :gomer: TUN loss + beat down on the Ravens + Stealers out of the playoffs == good weekend. Now if the Iggles can get the rest of the job done. :looks @ Elmo: ;)

Now bring on the Frozen Bowl 2. I think Dan Fouts is still shivering from that game. ;)

EDIT: 1pm Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoFiqLiWOLo

Elmo T
12-30-13, 12:09 PM
That wasn't exactly a statement by the Eagles :rolleyes:. Cold weather for the weekend might help, but the road is long and uphill...

Gnam
12-30-13, 01:54 PM
Shanahan has been fired by the Redskins.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Redskins-fire-coach-Shanahan-after-3-13-season-5101592.php

What's Lane Kiffin up to these days? ;)

Andrew Longman
12-30-13, 02:52 PM
What's Lane Kiffin up to these days? ;)Snyder is sure to make a run at Sabin.

Can't think of another likely celebrity coach the likes of which he always goes for. Parcells is done. Holmgren and Dungy too I think. There aren't even super hot coordinators this year that I can think of.

Maybe Madden? :gomer:

The lack of clearly better alternatives I think helped Ryan keep his job.

Gnam
12-30-13, 03:14 PM
five coaches fired so far:

Redskins - Mike Shanahan
Lions - Jim Schwartz
Vikings - Leslie Frazier
Tampa Bay - Greg Schiano.
Browns - Rob Chudzinski

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/5-NFL-coaches-already-fired-5101969.php

RaceGrrl
12-30-13, 04:21 PM
There aren't even super hot coordinators this year that I can think of.

Maybe not "super hot" but I think Gruden and Zimmer are likely candidates. Maybe not so much on Zimmer but I can see Gruden getting a few calls.

Andrew Longman
12-30-13, 04:44 PM
Gruden will definitely get a call from Snyder. And like Shanahan, Gibbs and Schottenheimer he might take the job even though he knows he can't win with that owner just because he will offer so much money and he hasalready established his legacy.

dando
12-30-13, 05:02 PM
That wasn't exactly a statement by the Iggles

Fixerated. :gomer:

dando
12-30-13, 05:15 PM
Maybe not "super hot" but I think Gruden and Zimmer are likely candidates. Maybe not so much on Zimmer but I can see Gruden getting a few calls.

Bite your tounge, Missy. ;)

Gnam
12-30-13, 07:00 PM
Forecast is for a HIGH of 12°F in Green Bay next Sunday. I don't think the 49ers can run on ice.

nrc
12-30-13, 08:42 PM
Gruden will definitely get a call from Snyder. And like Shanahan, Gibbs and Schottenheimer he might take the job even though he knows he can't win with that owner just because he will offer so much money and he hasalready established his legacy.

I assume that she was talking about Jay, sounds like you're talking about Jon. I wouldn't want to lose either at this point. Zimmer is past due but may not be media friendly enough for some owners. Jay Gruden may need a little more seasoning.

Insomniac
12-31-13, 12:07 PM
five coaches fired so far:

Redskins - Mike Shanahan
Lions - Jim Schwartz
Vikings - Leslie Frazier
Tampa Bay - Greg Schiano.
Browns - Rob Chudzinski

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/5-NFL-coaches-already-fired-5101969.php

Texans - Kubiak

WickerBill
01-03-14, 11:10 AM
What's the over/under on fingers and toes just falling off during the SFO/Green Bay game? Forecast is a high of -4 with wind chills -35 to -45...

Tifosi24
01-03-14, 11:15 AM
What's the over/under on fingers and toes just falling off during the SFO/Green Bay game? Forecast is a high of -4 with wind chills -35 to -45...

If Tom Coughlin were coaching, I would say there is a 100% chance that his face will fall off. That NFC Championship game was disturbing to watch, and not just because Favre blew the game.

Andrew Longman
01-03-14, 12:29 PM
I assume that she was talking about Jay, sounds like you're talking about Jon.Yes, Jon. Snyder does nothing but hire "celebrity" coaches.

Gnam
01-03-14, 02:21 PM
Bundle up! :D

http://s14.postimg.org/53502ousx/original.jpg

Gnam
01-03-14, 05:08 PM
No TV blackouts. Who Dey? will be on da TeeVee. :thumbup:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/01/03/colts-avoid-nfl-playoff-game-blackout/

WickerBill
01-04-14, 09:00 AM
Pick'em time, for everyone who gets on OC before 4:30ET.

Chiefs @ Colts
Saints @ Eagles
Chargers @ Bengals
49ers @ Packers

I'm going with Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals, 49ers.

(I'm HOPING for Colts, Saints, Bengals, 49ers... I don't want DEN to see KC for a third time this year)

nrc
01-04-14, 10:14 AM
Sorry, I gotta hope for the Chiefs to beat Indy so they can then knock the Broncos out. That gives the Bengals a shot at hosting a championship game.

Chiefs, Eagles, Bengals, Green Bay.

Insomniac
01-04-14, 12:59 PM
You guys have it all wrong. Cincy isn't getting past NE. Why would you fear the Chiefs WB? They beat them twice already. You should fear the Colts first. Although, you win either way?

Bengals, 49ers, Eagles and Colts.

WickerBill
01-04-14, 05:44 PM
Because, to me, their wins against KC weren't as good as they looked and it's hard to beat a team three times. Plus, I think the Colts winning will put a little fire into Denver for that game. Broncos can't afford to be "off"... if Manning isn't near-perfect, they can't win.

Insomniac
01-04-14, 10:47 PM
Texans - Kubiak

Can add:

Titans - Mike Munchak

Insomniac
01-04-14, 10:49 PM
Because, to me, their wins against KC weren't as good as they looked and it's hard to beat a team three times. Plus, I think the Colts winning will put a little fire into Denver for that game. Broncos can't afford to be "off"... if Manning isn't near-perfect, they can't win.

You expect Manning to be near perfect in the post-season? :)

WickerBill
01-05-14, 06:15 AM
No

dando
01-05-14, 04:39 PM
Officialy done with the Carrot Top experience. :saywhat:

Insomniac
01-05-14, 05:29 PM
Well, now NE has to fear the Colts. Really were the Bungles today.

WickerBill
01-05-14, 05:42 PM
I'm 0 for 3... so put money on the Packers quick-like!!

Gnam
01-05-14, 09:36 PM
Glad the Niners won, but I could do without the stomach churning, just barely enough to get by, who needs TDs, style of play. When they showed the replay of Dawson's game winning field goal kick passing through the out-stretched arms of that Packers defender, I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. :eek:

Glad the Saints won. I can't stand Chip Kelly.

Can't believe the Chiefs lost. :shakehead:

Who Dey fans deserve better.

chop456
01-06-14, 04:13 AM
Some craptastic football today, to be sure.

When they showed the replay of Dawson's game winning field goal kick passing through the out-stretched arms of that Packers defender, I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. :eek:

That's called the Chris Conte. All the kids are doing it.

Insomniac
01-06-14, 11:32 AM
When they showed the replay of Dawson's game winning field goal kick passing through the out-stretched arms of that Packers defender, I felt a cold shiver run down my spine. :eek:

He was offsides, SF would've had another chance to kick it.

dando
01-06-14, 05:37 PM
Who Dey fans deserve better.

IMO, Carrot Top gets one more season to prove himself. 3 TDs and 6 INTs and a fumble the past two games is totally unacceptable. Yes, the OL played like ****, but his play has been totally uneven all season. No wonder they had to have Kroger and P&G step to buy up the remaining tix to avoid a blackout. :saywhat: Local yahoos are reporting Jay Gruden may be the top candidate for the 'skins HC job. Good luck with that. :saywhat: :shakehead:

Gnam
01-06-14, 05:54 PM
That's called the Chris Conte. All the kids are doing it.
wow. That is some move. :(

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-01-05/sports/ct-chris-conte-haugh-bears-spt-0105-20140105_1_chris-conte-randall-cobb-nfc-north-clinching

nrc
01-06-14, 06:58 PM
IMO, Carrot Top gets one more season to prove himself. 3 TDs and 6 INTs and a fumble the past two games is totally unacceptable. Yes, the OL played like ****, but his play has been totally uneven all season. No wonder they had to have Kroger and P&G step to buy up the remaining tix to avoid a blackout. :saywhat: Local yahoos are reporting Jay Gruden may be the top candidate for the 'skins HC job. Good luck with that. :saywhat: :shakehead:

I'm calling out Ken Zampese. He has coached both Palmer and Dalton and both have been erratic in big games.

Gruden didn't do us any favors with play calling in the second half. At the end of the first half Dalton was 17-12-0 with a rating of 120.7 and the running backs had 53 yards on 13 carries for 4 yards a pop. In the second half the backs had just seven more runs, still for 4+ yards per carry, but Dalton threw the ball 34 times going 34-17-2 with a final rating of 67.

Maybe some of that was Andy checking to passes, but it seemed like after the Chargers loaded the box and stopped them on the first series of the second half the game plan went out the window and Gruden and/or Andy decided it was all on him.

Andrew Longman
01-06-14, 08:36 PM
In the NY sports media world they think the Dalton bashing is over the top. The argument is if your qb had the progression he has would you ditch him. I am sympathetic to that.

But he may have what I call Romo disease. That is he plays just well enough to keep his job (and get $100M contract) but not well enough to win.

I haven't seen enough of the bengals to know what is wrong with them but in this game they did not play with anything like the ruthlessness needed to win in the playoffs

Gnam
01-06-14, 08:45 PM
I haven't seen enough of the bengals to know what is wrong with them but in this game they did not play with anything like the ruthlessness needed to win in the playoffs.
Yes. The Saints were ruthless in deploying the quarterback sneak. They just pushed the Philly line right off the ball.

nrc
01-08-14, 12:01 AM
In the NY sports media world they think the Dalton bashing is over the top. The argument is if your qb had the progression he has would you ditch him. I am sympathetic to that.

But he may have what I call Romo disease. That is he plays just well enough to keep his job (and get $100M contract) but not well enough to win.

I haven't seen enough of the bengals to know what is wrong with them but in this game they did not play with anything like the ruthlessness needed to win in the playoffs

Dalton still handles pressure in the pocket like a rookie. The fact that he was able to break Carson Palmer's passing records in spite of having a couple of really terrible streaks shows that he has the ability. He just needs to learn to deal with the pressure. I'm not sure that Andy will ever get over that hump, but I think the chances are better than going back into the quarterback lottery.

nrc
01-09-14, 10:48 AM
Yes, Jon. Snyder does nothing but hire "celebrity" coaches.

It looks like a celebrity name may be good enough this time around. He does know that Jay is a different guy, right?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000311077/article/jay-gruden-washington-redskins-closing-in-on-deal

They must really think Andy Dalton stinks to be so high on Gruden after he's failed to do anything in the play-offs. I like Gruden but I think he has yet to prove himself as an offensive coordinator, let alone showing that he's ready to be a head coach. If I were a Redskins fan I'd be very concerned. I would invoke the name of Dave Shula (forgive me, Dando) but at least Gruden has some coaching success on his resume.

dando
01-09-14, 12:19 PM
(forgive me, Dando) but at least Gruden has some coaching success on his resume.

I get that he does, but his offences have been uneven game-to-gane. Partly due Carrot Top, partially due to injuries (losing Whit for several games, and Sanu in last season's playoff game for example), and partially due to play calling.

nrc
01-09-14, 12:38 PM
Looks like it's official, press conference at 4PM. Since Jay wanted Dalton I wonder if we could get him to trade Griffin for Dalton. :gomer:

Another story says that the Bengals will promote Hue Jackson to OC. Hopefully that's true. It would be a smart move for Jackson. He knows that he has the pieces to win in Cincinnati and he'll have a lot more security at OC in Cincinnati than anywhere else.

dando
01-09-14, 04:24 PM
BTW, Zimm is appently interviewing with Minnie and Titans for their HC spots.

cameraman
01-12-14, 04:04 PM
Why the hell don't they have the lights on at Carolina? You can't see jack on half the field.:irked:

WickerBill
01-12-14, 05:10 PM
That's funny. On a commercial bump they showed an up view from the field and I thought "why do they have all the lights on??"

WickerBill
01-12-14, 05:11 PM
By the way I'm a nervous wreck. Ughhh.

Gnam
01-13-14, 02:36 AM
When did the Carolina Panthers become rage-a-holics? Man, were they fired up.

Niner secondary got lit up, but those goal line stands were awesome. :thumbup:

nrc
01-14-14, 02:50 PM
Two more seats filled with two left. The Vikings are reportedly down to Mike Zimmer, Todd Bowles, or one other person unknown. Browns are reportedly hoping that Adam Gas will talk with them after the Broncos are done.

Don Quixote
01-14-14, 05:34 PM
Do the Browns really even need a head coach? This could be a money saving move.

Gnam
01-14-14, 07:07 PM
:laugh:

Many teams could benefit from this money saving idea. :Raiders:

Andrew Longman
01-14-14, 10:04 PM
Do the Browns really even need a head coach? This could be a money saving move.They didn't think they needed Paul Brown. And haven't acted as if they needed a coach since they fired Bill Belichick. Heck since then they also decided they didn't even need the city of Cleveland.

dando
01-15-14, 05:05 PM
Zimm off to Minnie. :(

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10297232/minnesota-vikings-hire-mike-zimmer-head-coach

WickerBill
01-19-14, 04:59 PM
Denver is up 10-0. But it's Belichick and Brady. I will not feel comfortable until it is a three score lead with 90 seconds to go. I saw the Cleveland game.

Nervous wreck.

cameraman
01-19-14, 06:04 PM
That nervous energy must be what is keeping you awake.

TKGAngel
01-19-14, 07:18 PM
Watching Brady lose is so refreshing.

If I were the Omaha tourism bureau or a certain steak company, I'd be sending Peyton a large gift basket. He's brought quite a lot of attention to their town.

cameraman
01-19-14, 07:21 PM
If the Seahawks win, it will be Legal Weed Bowl I.

Insomniac
01-19-14, 07:36 PM
Denver is up 10-0. But it's Belichick and Brady. I will not feel comfortable until it is a three score lead with 90 seconds to go. I saw the Cleveland game.

Nervous wreck.

It was over when Welker took out Talib. Peyton isn't that big of a choker.

Insomniac
01-19-14, 07:37 PM
Watching Brady lose is so refreshing.

If I were the Omaha tourism bureau or a certain steak company, I'd be sending Peyton a large gift basket. He's brought quite a lot of attention to their town.

I'd bet Brady said Omaha more than Manning did this year.

nrc
01-19-14, 07:58 PM

Nervous wreck.

Congrats! Now you get to sit through a Super Bowl. :D

Andrew Longman
01-19-14, 08:09 PM
I'd bet Brady said Omaha more than Manning did this year.Eli has said it on almost every play for years. It simply resets the snap count so he can continue to call audibles. All quarterback us some code and for whatever reason "Omaho" has been the code for many for years. I remember Kurt Warner used it in St Louis.