PDA

View Full Version : The Deltawing, now with a roof...

cameraman
09-04-13, 11:06 PM
They aren't exactly flooding the internet with pictures...

http://www.deltawingracing.com/picture/dw2_small.jpg?pictureId=18613035&asGalleryImage=true&__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1378343064836

More pr here (http://www.deltawingracing.com/news/2013/9/4/deltawing-coupe-completes-successful-test.html)

opinionated ow
09-05-13, 12:28 AM
ahhh...if that had been built here we'd call it the deltawank. It needs one big and long wing on the back to make it look right.

The other question is will Conti commit to making bespoke tyres for it or will the deltawank become the only car allowed to not run the 2014 USCR spec tyre?

TravelGal
09-05-13, 03:32 PM
They aren't exactly flooding the internet with pictures...

I can see why.

nissan gtp
09-05-13, 07:25 PM
video with Kat driving

I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8J_1hh2tStE

Gnam
09-05-13, 08:34 PM
Much better than a s**tbox Dallara. :thumbup:

I vote for the Battlestar Galactica paint scheme.

http://s14.postimg.org/fj3z9vb4x/08_33.jpg

pfc_m_drake
09-05-13, 09:49 PM
video with Kat driving

I like it.

I like it too.
Lots of back-end-catching going on at 1:18 though!

gerhard911
09-05-13, 10:45 PM
I like it too.
Lots of back-end-catching going on at 1:18 though!

So, we have established that you 'wang fans are "catchers" :p

Not that there is anything wrong with that....

/Seinfield/

;)

pfc_m_drake
09-06-13, 10:08 PM
So, we have established that you 'wang fans are "catchers" :p

Not that there is anything wrong with that....

/Seinfield/

;)
:D

Actually, I'm glad they built the Deltawing. And it's interesting because, if you'll recall, many of the pundits claimed that with the narrow front tires and wide rear track that it would never be able to turn on a road course. Looks like it was turning a little bit too well in that video!

I think IndyCar had a real missed opportunity with this one (I know - color us all surprised). Keep in mind, I never wanted to see the Deltawing as the sole spec chassis in any series, but I think it would have been really interesting to see people try to qualify them, say, for the Indy 500. You know, bringing novel ideas like innovation back.

Rus'L
09-13-13, 02:55 PM
ahhh...if that had been built here we'd call it the deltawank. It needs one big and long wing on the back to make it look right.

The other question is will Conti commit to making bespoke tyres for it or will the deltawank become the only car allowed to not run the 2014 USCR spec tyre?

In order to get the contract, Continental had to agree to build tires for everyone, including the Delta Wing. It was all in the press release announcing Continental as the spec tire.

Rus'L
09-13-13, 02:56 PM
:D

Actually, I'm glad they built the Deltawing. And it's interesting because, if you'll recall, many of the pundits claimed that with the narrow front tires and wide rear track that it would never be able to turn on a road course. Looks like it was turning a little bit too well in that video!

I think IndyCar had a real missed opportunity with this one (I know - color us all surprised). Keep in mind, I never wanted to see the Deltawing as the sole spec chassis in any series, but I think it would have been really interesting to see people try to qualify them, say, for the Indy 500. You know, bringing novel ideas like innovation back.

For those who constantly poo-poo the Delta Wing, it's pretty cool to see run in person. I really enjoyed watching the car at Lime Rock and Mosport, and looking forward to seeing it at VIR.

Plus, young kids LOVE the car. You should see their excitement everytime it goes by. And with today's youth moving further and further away from the car culture, racing needs everything to lure them back to the sport.

nissan gtp
09-13-13, 07:12 PM
For those who constantly poo-poo the Delta Wing, it's pretty cool to see run in person. I really enjoyed watching the car at Lime Rock and Mosport, and looking forward to seeing it at VIR.

Plus, young kids LOVE the car. You should see their excitement everytime it goes by. And with today's youth moving further and further away from the car culture, racing needs everything to lure them back to the sport.

I agree, it's cool and it works. With some hard-code development and top drivers, it could really do something.