PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber NFL Pool 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Dvdb
08-30-13, 01:54 PM
Up and running on Poolhost.

Like last year, no Thursday night games will be included.

OffCamber NFL13

password: Zanardi

nrc
08-30-13, 02:13 PM
I'm getting "Pool does not exist".

Dvdb
08-30-13, 04:45 PM
Working for me.

Try this direct link?

http://www.poolhost.com/index.asp?page=poolmain.asp

Insomniac
08-31-13, 12:08 PM
I just went to the main page and it seems I'm already in from last year.

Edit: Dvdb, I suggest a custom deadline: http://www.poolhost.com/blog/page/Rolling-Deadline-is-Here!.aspx

People can still enter picks for games that haven't started if you set it far out enough. Perhaps set it to Monday evening?

cameraman
08-31-13, 12:25 PM
Worked for me. Everyone who was in last year is still listed.

nrc
08-31-13, 01:44 PM
Weird. I kept trying to join the pool without ever looking at my pool list. I was in all along. RFE for better error messaging.

Dvdb
08-31-13, 10:11 PM
It is basically the same pool as last year, I simply changed the year in the pool name. If you played last year, you are included in this years and it will be listed under "my pools".

New players will need the login info from above.

I am open to changing the deadlines......as I recall we didn't include Thursday night games so I just used kickoff for the early Saturday/Sunday games.

Ideas?

Insomniac
09-01-13, 10:05 AM
It is basically the same pool as last year, I simply changed the year in the pool name. If you played last year, you are included in this years and it will be listed under "my pools".

New players will need the login info from above.

I am open to changing the deadlines......as I recall we didn't include Thursday night games so I just used kickoff for the early Saturday/Sunday games.

Ideas?

I recall us using the default which locked all games at Thursday kickoff. Then we would miss it and have to post picks for the rest of the week for you to put in as an override. Maybe meet in the middle? Sunday kickoff time means you can miss Thursday and still enter your own picks, but everyone can work off the information they know until a set time for the rest.

TravelGal
09-01-13, 01:26 PM
Lower my bills popup? :saywhat: I already chucked in a couple of bucks to get rid of the banner ads, which are not gone and this year we get a popup? And how is it that the Lower my Bills popups are the only ones that manage to evade my popup blocker?

Back on topic, I made my picks but I can't promise I'll stick it out. As dcracer can tell you, the whole NASAR season up to this point seems to have passed me by unnoticed. Mentally, I still think it's about May 20, not September 1 :cry:

Dvdb
09-03-13, 07:51 PM
Bump.....

Think we are going to stick with Sunday as the cutoff. That gives everyone a few extra days to remember/research/ponder their picks.

And as the benevolent commissioner, everyone is allowed one free "whoops, I forgot" with the appropriate penalties.

Further f$@*ups will taken under advisement and seen as a test of my benevolence.

dando
09-04-13, 11:42 AM
In. Some tough picks for week one.

Dvdb
09-04-13, 11:50 AM
Indeed. And still a few days to ponder and overthink.

Insomniac
09-05-13, 12:34 PM
Just want to make sure I'm seeing this right, we won't be picking Thursday games? If so, kinda lame their system can't support locking picks if the game starts.

cameraman
09-05-13, 12:53 PM
So the Thursday games get ignored? I'd much rather have a Thursday deadline and cover all the games.

TravelGal
09-05-13, 02:43 PM
In. Some tough picks for week one.

Not if yer JessGuessin' :gomer:

Dvdb
09-05-13, 09:44 PM
Thursday games are ignored.....I suspect more people will remember to get their picks in with the additional days, which will save me some work. And we will all have more information, i. e. injuries, etc.

Later in the season, when there are Saturday games, I think I can change it to include those games, too.

Insomniac
09-06-13, 05:34 PM
Thursday games are ignored.....I suspect more people will remember to get their picks in with the additional days, which will save me some work. And we will all have more information, i. e. injuries, etc.

Later in the season, when there are Saturday games, I think I can change it to include those games, too.

It seems like from their description, by moving the deadline, you can still have Thursday games and all games won't lock on Thursday. So even if people forget to make picks by then, they can still pick the rest up to the deadline. Maybe try that for next week?

Dvdb
09-06-13, 10:10 PM
I'll take another look at it this weekend.....

Dvdb
09-07-13, 09:24 PM
Bump...

TravelGal
09-08-13, 05:32 PM
Oh dear. This may be the last week I ask TravelGuy about the pool choices. :(

dando
09-12-13, 02:41 PM
Picks in. I guarantee the AFC Central will not be winless after this weekend. :gomer:

TravelGal
09-12-13, 07:26 PM
OK, I'm in but since I can hardly remember who won last week (all the teams I did NOT pick), I'll be sweeping the floor again. :( These late nights at TravelMom's really do me in.

nrc
09-13-13, 12:57 AM
Picks in. I guarantee the AFC Central will not be winless after this weekend. :gomer:

The what?

dando
09-13-13, 01:11 AM
The what?

North, South...directional AFC. :gomer:

Dvdb
09-13-13, 10:54 PM
weekly bump.....

Insomniac
09-14-13, 05:26 PM
Top Newbie Questions:
Q: How can I set my pool to allow users to continue to make picks after the Thursday game kicks off?
A: Read this ARTICLE (http://www.poolhost.com/blog/post/2010/11/20/Rolling-Deadline-is-Here!.aspx).

Saw this when setting my picks if there is interest in it.

dando
09-15-13, 04:24 PM
nrc, you picked Cleveburgh? Srsly? Cleveburgh?

nrc
09-15-13, 06:05 PM
nrc, you picked Cleveburgh? Srsly? Cleveburgh?

Hey, you can't always make the obvious pick. The Ravens defense looked vulnerable after their loss to Denver.

dando
09-15-13, 07:18 PM
Hey, you can't always make the obvious pick. The Ravens defense looked vulnerable after their loss to Denver.

But the Clowns haven't scored a TD in like a decade. :gomer:

TravelGal
09-15-13, 08:24 PM
At least I'm consistent. :saywhat:

Later edit: In looking at this up to now (minus the two late games), I see an overtime that didn't go my way and a total of 15 points that, if scored by the other team would have put me in first place. This is what happened to me last year. It shows that detailed knowledge is good but a valiant attempt is just that. Congrats to you guys but watch out, I'll have at it again next week.

Dvdb
09-21-13, 08:22 PM
Bump....

A late reminder.......get yer picks in.

dando
09-21-13, 08:32 PM
Bump....

A late reminder.......get yer picks in.

In. No worries...I hacked nrc's login again and picked Cleveburgh. :gomer: Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :D

nrc
09-22-13, 02:19 AM
In. No worries...I hacked nrc's login again and picked Cleveburgh. :gomer: Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :D

Was that not a good pick?

nrc
09-22-13, 05:59 PM
Now can I have that Cleveland pick?

dando
09-22-13, 07:26 PM
Damn. I gave up on the Bungles to do yardening. Headphones on and drawn back in...Jeebus. That was one wacky game. :saywhat: But in the end. :thumbup:

cameraman
09-23-13, 12:18 AM
Oops. At least I wasn't the only one to complete space it off.

TravelGal
09-23-13, 11:15 AM

C'mon guys! It's nice to be on the other end of the pile for a change. And having fewer players doesn't change my score but someone coulda been a contendah. Someone coulda scored higha. Get back in the game y'all. :thumbup:

nrc
09-23-13, 11:45 AM
Well done, TG. I may need you to check my picks for this week. :)

TravelGal
09-23-13, 11:57 AM
Well done, TG. I may need you to check my picks for this week. :)

:laugh: I have it up on my screen to admire it. Might as well. It doesn't happen often.

Is Detroit showing signs of life or is Washington just that bad with a gimpy RGIII?
If I could only figure out what's up with the Chargers, I'd do better. :confused:
Alas, TravelGuy's G-men seem to be going for O this year. No defense and no offense. Not a good combination.
There you have it. The wisdom according to TGal. :laugh:

dando
09-23-13, 12:33 PM
Well, as my dad used to say, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again. :gomer:

nrc, I told you to pick Cleveburgh. ;)

Insomniac
09-23-13, 02:06 PM

Yeah, I spaced. I set my fantasy line-ups, made my suicide pick and forgot about the picks until 15 minutes into the first game. Just one of those weeks.

dando
09-23-13, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I spaced. I set my fantasy line-ups, made my suicide pick and forgot about the picks until 15 minutes into the first game. Just one of those weeks.

Fixed. :gomer:

TravelGal
09-23-13, 02:29 PM
Well, as my dad used to say, even a blind hog finds an acorn now and again. :gomer:

:p:p:p:p :D

dando
09-23-13, 04:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNZxmq6aRos

:D

Insomniac
09-24-13, 04:35 PM
Fixed. :gomer:

As many bad balls he threw, I actually wondered if I'm seeing him fall apart.

TravelGal
09-26-13, 08:44 PM
bumperoonie. Thursday night game is on.

I'm in. Remember guys, I may have won last week but that only means that my score is now 4 points below the bottom. Basically, you guys spotted me a week. I appreciate it but I'd like to have everyone in their pitching (wrong sport, I know) this week. :)

Dvdb
09-27-13, 07:53 PM
Thanks, Gal.....I was just about to bump/remind.

Time for me to get back on the winning track

Dvdb
09-29-13, 12:41 PM
Need your picks, Boss.

nrc
09-29-13, 10:25 PM
Well that sucks. I went in early this morning and made my picks. I swear I made sure I put the points in and hit submit. :\

TravelGal
09-29-13, 11:57 PM
Well that sucks. I went in early this morning and made my picks. I swear I made sure I put the points in and hit submit. :\

Giving the rest of us a sporting chance, eh? You miss an entire week and we're tied. :rolleyes:

Always good to recheck to see the picks are in. I do this by printing them out. Not that I ever look at what I printed.....

Dvdb
10-03-13, 01:46 PM
Thursday bump...........ponder your picks.

nrc
10-03-13, 03:47 PM
Time to start my comeback. The rest of you can take the week off. :D

dando
10-03-13, 05:36 PM

I've got your back...pick the Jags, Jets, Raiderz, Tennessee... :gomer: :p

TravelGal
10-04-13, 06:48 PM

I thought I did that every week? :confused:

Just back from a convention. Will ponder the picks tomorrow.

dando
10-04-13, 07:35 PM
I thought I did that every week? :confused:

Just back from a convention. Will ponder the picks tomorrow.

See above recommended picks. :gomer: :D

TravelGal
10-05-13, 11:18 AM
See above recommended picks. :gomer: :D

swoosh. these are not the droids you are looking for. swoosh

Dvdb
10-10-13, 12:41 PM
Let's give it the old Thursday bumpareeno, while it's on my mind............

Insomniac
10-10-13, 01:05 PM
Having missed 2 weeks and likely missing more, I think I'm joining the sidelines. Good luck to everyone. Also, if you want to know who to bet against, ask me who I like. I'm 0 for 6 when someone asks my opinion. I only hope after the first 2 or 3, he has figured out to do the opposite and hasn't told me.

dando
10-10-13, 04:56 PM
I highly recommend the Jags > Nags this week. :gomer: ;)

TravelGal
10-11-13, 11:51 AM
Having missed 2 weeks and likely missing more, I think I'm joining the sidelines. Good luck to everyone. Also, if you want to know who to bet against, ask me who I like. I'm 0 for 6 when someone asks my opinion. I only hope after the first 2 or 3, he has figured out to do the opposite and hasn't told me.

There is always the win for the week even if you won't win the season. I am still cheered by my first place finish two weeks ago even though I'm still last for the season. It's more fun to play with more peeps. Give it a whirl. It only takes about 3 minutes to flip the coin. (Trust me). :D

Insomniac
10-12-13, 02:53 PM
There is always the win for the week even if you won't win the season. I am still cheered by my first place finish two weeks ago even though I'm still last for the season. It's more fun to play with more peeps. Give it a whirl. It only takes about 3 minutes to flip the coin. (Trust me). :D

OK. :)

dando
10-12-13, 02:54 PM
Inso is just pissed that the 'Aints are going to kick the Pats in the arse tomorrow. :p

Insomniac
10-13-13, 01:02 PM
Inso is just pissed that the 'Aints are going to kick the Pats in the arse tomorrow. :p

Hehe, I think it'll be competitive even w/o Gronk.

dando
10-14-13, 02:26 PM
I'm just sayin'....scoreboard! :gomer:

dando
10-18-13, 09:56 AM
Bump. Picks in.

dando
10-20-13, 10:09 PM
Looks @ scoreboard. :gomer: ;)

Dvdb
10-20-13, 11:29 PM
Looks at how many more weeks in the season.....adds playoff rounds.........and Super Bowl.......goes to bed :D

TravelGal
10-22-13, 12:12 AM
Looks @ scoreboard. :gomer: ;)

What the blue blazes made you pick Buffalo? :p I coulda been a contenda.

Dvdb
10-24-13, 09:23 PM
Time for the weekly bumperino.......

dando
10-25-13, 07:26 AM
Picks in. Cream rising to the top. :D

TravelGal
10-26-13, 12:12 PM
Saturday bump. C'mon. Only half of us in so far this week.

Dvdb
10-26-13, 03:06 PM
Just did my picks.......need to reclaim my rightful place as the leader and get Dando to calm his t*ts.

dando
10-26-13, 03:22 PM
Just did my picks.......need to reclaim my rightful place as the leader and get Dando to calm his t*ts.

I highly reccomend the Jags, Clowns, Lambs, Minnie and anything starting with NY. :gomer: :D

Dvdb
10-26-13, 11:41 PM
Nice try, but the Jets have screwed me over for years.........games you would bet the rent on, sure things, and somehow they do it to me. First game of this season, survivor pool, all the talk about how the Jets are dysfunctional, no quarterback. Take their opponent......boned. :flaming:

Dvdb
10-26-13, 11:44 PM
As an aside, how long do I have to wait for the TCU Texas game to resume and still qualify as a great uncle? Because this World Series game is killing me, and I am nearing exhaustion.

TravelGal
10-26-13, 11:52 PM
It's killing me too. How you Eastern Time Zone people survive is beyond me. I've done the dishes, written Hallowe'en cards, done some sewing. Sewing, I tell you. That is the bottom of the barrel. The nadir of activities for me. Bottom on the 9th. They'd better win it now or zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

edit: Well THAT woke me up.

Dvdb
10-27-13, 10:17 PM
Looks like everyone is getting the hang of it this Sunday......pretty impressive pickin'

Andrew Longman
10-28-13, 09:53 AM
It's killing me too. How you Eastern Time Zone people survive is beyond me. I've done the dishes, written Hallowe'en cards, done some sewing. Sewing, I tell you. That is the bottom of the barrel. The nadir of activities for me. Bottom on the 9th. They'd better win it now or zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

edit: Well THAT woke me up.No kidding. I was at a family gathering for my wife's cousin's 50th birthday and a bunch of them wanted to watch the game. Between the game and their over the top drunkeness I decided at the top of the 7th to go upstairs and continue my journey through Breaking Bad episodes on my iPad. After one and a half episodes I came downstairs to tell my wife I was going to bed and it was still in the 7th.

dando
10-31-13, 10:04 AM
Winner, winner...chicken dinner is in the clubhouse. :D :gomer:

dando
10-31-13, 10:06 AM

edit: Well THAT woke me up.

It's called insomnia and/or a DVR. :gomer:

TravelGal
10-31-13, 04:44 PM
Winner, winner...chicken dinner is in the clubhouse. :D :gomer:

Sigh, if only I had picked the G'ints as TravelGuy wanted me to. I could have caught up to Cameraman. Maybe this week -- though I'm not feel especially clairvoyant today, which seems to be what it takes to win (again. heheheheheheheheh) ;)

Dvdb
11-02-13, 12:45 PM
Bump..............24 hour notice

dando
11-02-13, 03:52 PM
Bump..............24 hour notice

For your next butt kicking? :p

Dvdb
11-02-13, 08:39 PM
What's that that faint noise I hear in the distance? Hmm, sounds like Dando squawking about his failures again this season.

dando
11-02-13, 08:44 PM
What's that that faint noise I hear in the distance? Hmm, sounds like Dando squawking about his failures again this season.

I need to keep from following nrc's advice on the Bungles. :saywhat: :gomer:

cameraman
11-02-13, 09:05 PM
This week should have more variation, there's quite a few games that are toss ups.

Dvdb
11-02-13, 11:09 PM
This may come back to haunt me tomorrow, but I had only one game that I could have gone either team.*

*I reserve the right to delete this post

Then again, we are due for the week where it is all upsets, all the time.

TravelGal
11-03-13, 03:55 PM
Looks like dando is either going up with a bullet, or down by one. I will now try not to refresh Poolhost compulsively for the next 6 hours. :gomer:

nrc
11-03-13, 05:48 PM
Ha. I thought I'd blown my longshot call on the Redskins when I saw the Chargers had scored a TD in the final seconds of the game. Evidently that was overturned and the 'Skins pulled it out in OT. :thumbup:

cameraman
11-03-13, 06:25 PM
Ha. I thought I'd blown my longshot call on the Redskins when I saw the Chargers had scored a TD in the final seconds of the game. Evidently that was overturned and the 'Skins pulled it out in OT. :thumbup:

That's the pick I was going round and round over. I only picked the Chargers because I've always disliked the 'skins. Gotta stop doing that.:shakehead:

nrc
11-04-13, 01:27 AM
Now I just need a couple more weeks like this and I'll be back in the thick of it. :D

cameraman
11-04-13, 01:52 AM
Eight points down and I forgot one week:cry:

TravelGal
11-04-13, 12:42 PM

TravelGuy is just watching the 4th quarter now. The volume is going up. And I don't mean on the TV. (We used to live in San Diego many years ago.)

Dvdb
11-07-13, 10:10 PM
We want the bump......

(Brought to you by misheard lyrics. Parliament)

dando
11-07-13, 11:36 PM
Winner, winner...chicken dinner. :p

TravelGal
11-09-13, 07:14 PM
Winner, winner...chicken dinner. :p

:p is right.

C'mon dvdb and Cameraman. Let's get to it.

Dvdb
11-09-13, 11:09 PM
Done.........:thumbup:

dando
11-10-13, 05:56 PM
See? I keep recommending the Jags. </Nostradamus> :gomer:

cameraman
11-10-13, 06:24 PM
:p is right.

C'mon dvdb and Cameraman. Let's get to it.

Whole lotta good reminding me did:saywhat:

Dvdb
11-10-13, 08:43 PM
And Gal is the weekly winner??? WTF?