PDA

View Full Version : Off Camber NFL Pool 2013

Pages : 1 [2]

TravelGal
11-11-13, 02:02 AM
And Gal is the weekly winner??? WTF?

pBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT! Hey, I won once last year too. I'm laughing cuz TravelGuy said, "Detroit? You must be kidding." Carolina was just a guess.

I just came here to say:

I'm not last! For the first time in 25 weeks of playing this game. I'm not last! Woot woot!

dando
11-11-13, 06:50 AM
pBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT! Hey, I won once last year too. I'm laughing cuz TravelGuy said, "Detroit? You must be kidding." Carolina was just a guess.

I just came here to say:

I'm not last! For the first time in 25 weeks of playing this game. I'm not last! Woot woot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMT4AYf6Xo

:gomer: :p

TravelGal
11-11-13, 12:58 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: I don't care. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dvdb
11-14-13, 09:51 PM
Get to pickin'

dando
11-14-13, 09:54 PM
Get to pickin'

Picks done. I just need to see nrc's pick for the Bungles/Clowns to see if I need to flip my pick. :gomer: :p :D

TravelGal
11-15-13, 12:40 PM
Mine are done. The coin landed on its side several times this week.

dando
11-15-13, 03:02 PM
Mine are done. The coin landed on its side several times this week.

Refer to previous music video post. :gomer: ;)

Dvdb
11-17-13, 12:33 AM
All in. Good luck everyone...........except Dando. Hope your Bengals-Browns pick is "correct".

TravelGal
11-17-13, 07:28 PM
All in. Good luck everyone...........except Dando. Hope your Bengals-Browns pick is "correct".

Oh Bungle.

Dvdb
11-17-13, 08:52 PM
Just checked the results. I'm surprised nrc took 21 points for tomorrow night. Typo?

And Tgal still could win the week.

nrc
11-17-13, 09:24 PM
Just checked the results. I'm surprised nrc took 21 points for tomorrow night. Typo?.

Big game at home for the Panthers on a Monday night. I had a wild notion that the Panthers defense might shut down Brady and the Pats.

Dvdb
11-17-13, 09:36 PM
I think there will be 21 points in the 1st q. Thus my 51.

TravelGal
11-18-13, 12:49 PM
Just checked the results. I'm surprised nrc took 21 points for tomorrow night. Typo?

And Tgal still could win the week.

Which week were you looking at? :cry::cry: Nevertheless, thanks for the encouragement.

Most weeks I feel pretty close because games I "lose" could have gone either way. Not this week. Thoroughly drubbed. Still, I'm tied with the da boss so I don't feel tooooooo bad. Go Panthers.

dando
11-18-13, 01:07 PM
Puzzled nrc didn't pick the Clowns. :gomer:

2 for Pats 3 for Cats for tonight's game will decide the week. Hopefully I can get my picks in for next week before I hop on a ship with an 85 yo Mouse. :)

Dvdb
11-18-13, 01:46 PM
Dando, when are you leaving on the sea cruise? As the benevolent commissioner, I can help you out if you forget your picks. (My benevolence only goes so far. I really don't want to win the season because you were busy looking up Minnie's skirt)

dando
11-18-13, 02:25 PM
Dando, when are you leaving on the sea cruise? As the benevolent commissioner, I can help you out if you forget your picks. (My benevolence only goes so far. I really don't want to win the season because you were busy looking up Minnie's skirt)

Dude, I only hit on the princesses. Cindy gets rowdy after midnight. ;)

Heading down Wed for a 1/2 day @ KSC on then cruising on Thurs. I should have WiFi there...unless a certain travel agent booked me in a 1960s motel. :gomer: I'll have my Android regardless.

TravelGal
11-18-13, 07:35 PM
Dude, I only hit on the princesses. Cindy gets rowdy after midnight. ;)

Heading down Wed for a 1/2 day @ KSC on then cruising on Thurs. I should have WiFi there...unless a certain travel agent booked me in a 1960s motel. :gomer: I'll have my Android regardless.

Just trying to give Cameraman a chance to catch up on the week he lost.

Dvdb
11-18-13, 09:34 PM
Envious of KSC. Cruise, not so much.

Dvdb
11-22-13, 01:55 PM
PIIIICCCKKKSSSS..............................PIIII CCCKKKKSSSS.................GET YER PICKS.....................in

TravelGal
11-22-13, 09:30 PM
Friday night. Bored. Made picks. None excite me. See at the back. (With apologies to Greg Moore)

Dvdb
11-29-13, 02:23 PM
Put down the turkey sandwich, and get your picks in.

cameraman
11-29-13, 03:00 PM
You mean every team didn't play yesterday?

TravelGal
12-03-13, 03:05 PM
cough. :D

Andrew Longman
12-03-13, 08:11 PM
Just want to crow. I chose to participate in my company pool rather than here because politically I needed to do that and there is a limit to my commitment to pools. Anyway after shlogging along at about .500 all season I turned my picks over to my 14 year old son last week.

We/he went 16-0.

So I have to split my $15 winnings with him. :gomer:

TravelGal
12-03-13, 08:43 PM
We/he went 16-0.

So I have to split my $15 winnings with him. :gomer:

Best laugh I've had all week. Just don't let him into our pool or we'll never even see his dust. :laugh:

dando
12-06-13, 07:49 AM
In. Some stinky cheese picks out there this week.

Dvdb
12-07-13, 03:01 PM
Get 'em in, folks.

TravelGal
12-08-13, 12:39 AM
Hey, if I can get 'em in from across the country, you two laggards can. You know who you are. :) Seems to me I might be back in the basement again so don't give up.

dando
12-08-13, 11:13 AM
BTW, I recognize that the boss is likely in the lead absent missing a week. I vote that we ammend his results with the average of his weekly results over the season. Just motivates me to go Sparty on him. :gomer:

-Kevin

nrc
12-08-13, 11:35 PM
BTW, I recognize that the boss is likely in the lead absent missing a week. I vote that we ammend his results with the average of his weekly results over the season. Just motivates me to go Sparty on him. :gomer:

-Kevin

Cameraman is right there with a missed week as well. Unfortunately averages don't really work out since there are different points and different levels of difficulty each week. So far sticking pins in voodoo doll heads has not caused you or Dvdb to miss a week but there are still a few weeks to go. :D

cameraman
12-09-13, 12:36 AM
You give both of us an average week (16 points) we'll be tied for the lead by no small amount:D

Be my guest....

ETA: And if you have two functioning neurons to rub together you would have divided by 13 weeks instead of 14 and would have an average of ~17 points but that is entirely beside the point. And no I really don't care beyond that I am miffed that I spaced off the week.

TravelGal
12-09-13, 01:43 AM
Ok by me. Last is last in any book and that's my book. Again. Only proving that the Good Book was right. The last shall be first and the first last. Siiiigh.

But, my sadness is ameliorated by the fact that I actually met and chatted with Grace Hopper back in the day. She was quite a gal. (cf: today's Google Doodle). I put that here because it's as irrelevant here as anywhere. :cool:

Dvdb
12-12-13, 08:48 PM
Thursday bump...........

dando
12-12-13, 10:21 PM
Thursday bump...........

Stupid Commish.... :grumbles: ;) In. I highly recommed J-E-T-S, Texans, Falcons, and Clowns. :D

TravelGal
12-12-13, 11:20 PM
Done. Thanks for the reminder. I could hardly believe it's Thursday already.

Dvdb
12-12-13, 11:50 PM
If it is any indication of how my picks may go this weekend, Dando, I do have Denver tonight in my other pool.

Plenty of time, and Peyton is marching.

Omaha. Omaha.

Dvdb
12-14-13, 10:15 PM
Saturday night bump............expressly for Cameraman.

cameraman
12-14-13, 10:41 PM
Done

cameraman
12-15-13, 04:55 PM
So there are 15 games this week, nine of them everyone picked the same team.
The other six games split 4:1
Dando - Skins, Bills, Ravens
NRC - Browns, Dolphins
And Jessguessin went with Green Bay.

dando
12-15-13, 05:16 PM
So there are 15 games this week, nine of them everyone picked the same team.
The other six games split 4:1
Dando - Skins, Bills, Ravens
NRC - Browns, Dolphins
And Jessguessin went with Green Bay.

nrc picks the Clowns and Fish is a push. My Skins pick looks bad...who knew the Dirty Birds would actually show up? GB vs. 'boyz yet to be told.

Pats are imploding rapidly, and should have had a loss last week.

cameraman
12-15-13, 05:22 PM
Normally I'd enjoy seeing the Eagles get crushed. At least everybody else was wrong too.

dando
12-15-13, 05:51 PM
How 'bout them G-Men? Have fun smelling the Super Bowl in your backyard...oh wait, you can't tailgate. :saywhat:

Gotta love Fox going to the Iggles/Vikes rather than the 'skins/Birds, which was actually a game @ the end. :irked: :shakehead:

cameraman
12-15-13, 08:46 PM
I will gladly cede two points to Jessguessin in exchange for seeing the life sucked out of a Dallas stadium.:D

dando
12-15-13, 08:50 PM
:saywhat: to TG. :p

Nice job Cowbloze. The Legend of Romo grows. :laugh: 26-3 @ the half.

cameraman
12-15-13, 09:19 PM
That game was a thing of beauty:rofl:

Dvdb
12-16-13, 12:17 AM
I was at a Xmas party at the local dram shop.............was there football today? Who won?

TravelGal
12-16-13, 01:20 AM
I will gladly cede two points to Jessguessin in exchange for seeing the life sucked out of a Dallas stadium.:D

:thumbup: Any day Dallas loses is a good day.

That game was a thing of beauty:rofl:

:laugh: If you were rooting for the Pack, it was quite a spectacle.

Also let it be known that prior to the CVG v PIT kickoff I said to TravelGuy, I put down Cinncy but I really think the Steelers are going to win. He rolled his eyes. Wish I'd had that much conviction when I made my picks.

dando
12-18-13, 08:42 AM
Picks in. Some stinkers and some head scratchers. Clowns have Jags and Jets back-to-back. I guess the NFL likes dwarves. :gomer:

dando
12-18-13, 08:44 AM
TG, I recommend Jets, Raiderz and Texans this week. :tony: :p

TravelGal
12-19-13, 01:35 AM
TG, I recommend Jets, Raiderz and Texans this week. :tony: :p

Oh Oh. I'd better go back and check my picks. :yuck:

Dvdb
12-21-13, 11:22 PM
All in. My picks may be beer fueled.......Damn holiday parties and college basketball games.

TravelGal
12-22-13, 01:50 PM
All in. My picks may be beer fueled.......Damn holiday parties and college basketball games.

You say Buffalo, I say Minnesota. Let's call the whole thing off. (With apologies to Gershwin)

dando
12-22-13, 08:23 PM
You say Buffalo, I say Minnesota. Let's call the whole thing off. (With apologies to Gershwin)

That's Minniesota. Dalton best QB evar. :gomer: ;)

cameraman
12-22-13, 11:16 PM
Why I ever thought that the Bears wouldn't **** it up is beyond me:irked:

dando
12-22-13, 11:18 PM
Why I ever thought that the Bears wouldn't **** it up is beyond me:irked:

There's more than one game this week that makes you scratch your head. :saywhat:

cameraman
12-23-13, 12:12 AM
Can I get a refund on the time spent watching this game?

dando
12-23-13, 12:13 AM
Bears, Fish, Lions, Shehags, KC and the Blowin' Sunshine Up My Ass Band, BMore, Vikes, Clowns...and how does a HC not call for the ball to be clocked inside the 5 with < a minute to go? #PackersSuck :saywhat: And Mike Greenberg is defending Romo on Twitter for defeating a 3-12 Redskins team. Srsly?!? :irked: :shakehead:

nrc
12-23-13, 02:40 PM
Har. Who's pickin' the Browns now? :D

Elmo T
12-23-13, 06:25 PM
No mo' Romo.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/10187713/tony-romo-dallas-cowboys-miss-rest-seasonhttp://

dando
12-25-13, 11:15 PM
Quite a few tough calls this week. Especially after last weekend. :saywhat: :irked:

Dvdb
12-27-13, 05:14 PM
Now that Christmas is over, let's move on to more important things............Get your picks in!!;)

cameraman
12-29-13, 10:29 PM
Miami sucks.:irked:

TravelGal
12-31-13, 03:23 PM
Miami sucks.:irked:

Yeah. The worst part for me was that TravelGuy told me he thought the Jets would win. I scoffed. The worst part for you was missing the perfect score. I think that would have been the only one this season, wouldn't it?

My picks are in for the first playoff round. Straight down the middle of who I think will win and who I wish would win. :D

dando
12-31-13, 03:29 PM
Yeah. The worst part for me was that TravelGuy told me he thought the Jets would win. I scoffed. The worst part for you was missing the perfect score. I think that would have been the only one this season, wouldn't it?

My picks are in for the first playoff round. Straight down the middle of who I think will win and who I wish would win. :D

Go Bingles! :gomer: :D

TravelGal
12-31-13, 04:00 PM
Go Bingles! :gomer: :D

As they used to say in Ohiah, "you are just the limit." :laugh:

Dvdb
01-02-14, 08:38 PM
Bump......

Regular season is over, let the playoffs begin!

cameraman
01-02-14, 10:07 PM
Meh. I'm just not feeling those matchups.

TravelGal
01-05-14, 01:25 PM
I guess I'd better crow now since I'm the onliest one with San Diego. TravelGuy is convinced they'll win but I'm not so sure. That fell into the "one I wish would win" category. I had to pick the Chargers because I just couldn't watch the whole game rooting against them if I had picked Cincy. Same deal with Green Bay. (At least I've got some company there.)

Dvdb
01-05-14, 04:27 PM
^^^

Looking like a genius. ;)

TravelGal
01-05-14, 07:11 PM
^^^

Looking like a genius. ;)

WHERE'S THAT DANCING BANANA WHEN I NEED IT???? WHAAAHOOOOOOOOOO. GO CHARGERS.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming. :D

nrc
01-05-14, 08:36 PM
Grumble.

Dvdb
01-09-14, 05:01 PM
Gimme a "P"

Gimme an "I"

Gimme a "C"

Gimme a "K"

Gimme an "S"

Gimme your PICKS......

Gnam
01-09-14, 05:35 PM
This is who should win.
49ers
Saints
Patriots
Broncos

TravelGal
01-09-14, 06:01 PM
Define "should." I don't see my Chargers in that list. :\

Gnam
01-09-14, 06:34 PM
Should is a word which here means deserve to. ;)

As in, the Chargers "should" enjoy their playoff win and the trip they took to Cincinnati.
And, the Seahawks "should" DIAMFF. :mad:

But as a scary man once said, "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

TravelGal
01-09-14, 08:24 PM
Should is a word which here means deserve to. ;)

As in, the Chargers "should" enjoy their playoff win and the trip they took to Cincinnati.

:laugh::laugh:

nrc
01-11-14, 07:12 PM
Crap. I was in such a funk this week that i never put my picks in. Ah, well.

Seahawks, Pats, Carolina, Denver

Dvdb
01-11-14, 11:07 PM
I'll get you in, boss. But the penalty is the Seahawks game.

And apparently tonight's game. I can't override it.

Points?

nrc
01-11-14, 11:23 PM
I'll get you in, boss. But the penalty is the Seahawks game.

And apparently tonight's game. I can't override it.

Points?

No big deal. I can't do any worse than last week. Call it 44.

Dvdb
01-12-14, 12:07 AM
As the kids text......K

TravelGal
01-12-14, 02:13 AM
Out of Luck. At least it's worth a good pun.

I'm all for giving all the points to da boss. I can be magnanimous because no matter who does what, I'm still last. :gomer:

TravelGal
01-16-14, 12:38 AM
I just looked it up. I won SiX of the weeks, came in second twice, and will end the season dead last. Obviously I tanked a few too many of the others. LOL!

Dvdb
01-16-14, 12:03 PM
Good job, Travelgal............Two more weekends of games. And then time to study up for the NCAA pool.

And Boss.........BUMP!!!

nrc
01-17-14, 03:44 AM
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.. wha huh? :saywhat:

Done and done.

Dvdb
01-17-14, 08:27 PM
I just looked at my weekly performance. Have yet to win a week, but lead for the season. Guess it says something about consistency.....and getting my picks in.

Gnam
01-17-14, 08:38 PM
Broncos 28, Patriots 24
49ers 24, Seahawks 21, and a plethora of penalties.

cameraman
01-17-14, 08:39 PM
Grumble.

This week's a crap shoot. Either home team could easily get upset.

Dvdb
01-17-14, 09:33 PM
That's what happens when you get down to a final four situation. I am still not convinced with my picks, but they are in, just in case I brain freeze or this damn cold incapacitates me again.

cameraman
01-19-14, 06:02 PM
I have Denver but I really wish the game was more interesting:shakehead:

TravelGal
01-30-14, 03:41 PM
Thursday bump you guys.

My pick is in, I've already seen the Budweiser ad (horses AND puppies, how can it miss?), the grocery list for Sunday's feast is prepared, so I'm READY. Assuming I manage to get back from Houston on time on Saturday night, that is. :\

Dvdb
01-30-14, 05:41 PM
You beat me to it, Travelgal.

It all comes down to me, Dando, and Cameraman.

Will they pick the winner, or gamble and try to pick opposite me?

Insomniac
02-03-14, 04:12 PM
Since I "won", I'm posting this ;)

DIV WILD CHAMP SB TOTAL
Insomniac 4 8 2 4 18
Cameraman 4 8 4 0 16
dando 2 8 4 0 14
Dvdb 4 8 2 0 14
Jessguessin 6 4 0 0 10
nrc 0 2 4 0 6

TravelGal
02-03-14, 07:06 PM
Since I "won", I'm posting this ;)

I was about to post that we were lucky you dropped out in the middle or we'd never have kept up with you.

Congrats to the commish for pulling it out with essentially one game better than dando who was one game better than cameraman. Over a whole season, that's not a whole lot. Well played.

Personally, I'm campaigning for the new NASCAR point system for next season. Then I'll wipe the floor with ya instead of being dead last. (6 wins, 3 second place, and the rest in the tank.) You can tell which weeks I was visiting or had just visited TravelMom. :)

Insomniac
02-05-14, 10:07 AM
I was about to post that we were lucky you dropped out in the middle or we'd never have kept up with you.

Congrats to the commish for pulling it out with essentially one game better than dando who was one game better than cameraman. Over a whole season, that's not a whole lot. Well played.

Personally, I'm campaigning for the new NASCAR point system for next season. Then I'll wipe the floor with ya instead of being dead last. (6 wins, 3 second place, and the rest in the tank.) You can tell which weeks I was visiting or had just visited TravelMom. :)

The fall was just insane for me. I was setting my fantasy football line-up 1 hour before kick-off and after 2 weeks of the deadline being before that I knew I just wasn't going to make it. Congrats to Dvdb and dando and cameraman should've believed is Seattle a bit more. :D