SurfaceUnits
08-25-13, 08:24 PM
FYI: Yes, they were there

SurfaceUnits
08-25-13, 08:40 PM
and apparently something happened

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 1h
#IndyCar Race Control: Joke

That's 2 they've taken from Scott Dixon.
Nice job, #IndyCar.

An active #IndyCar driver --> “
@Mikeconway26: Stevie wonder the marshal on pit lane?? Thats got to be The worst call”

I mean, #IndyCar basically just interjected itself itself into championship race with call that involved both contending teams (indirectly)

cameraman
08-25-13, 11:13 PM
I saw some Twitter traffic about some egregious race control stupidity at the Sonoma race so I fired up the dvr to see what went on. Ignoring the penalty, that field was driving like a bunch of Star Mazda 16 year olds. At least half the field was driving like abject idiots. Yellow after yellow after yellow. What a sad joke of a race. The topper was the call, oh my that was a peach, the outside rear tire carrier was bringing a tire in and wasn't paying attention to the pit behind his. Race leader Scott Dixon's pit. Dixon pulls out and this guy essentially walked in front of Dixon. They had about four camera angles, the pit guy was totally oblivious and Dixon collided with the tire sending people flying. No injuries beyond bruises. So race control decides to penalize Dixon sending him from first to dead ****ing last. It seems Dixon was in the championship race for first, because of the penalty he is way back. It was a clown car stupid call. Clown car driving on the part of about half the field and clown car stupid officiating. Nice combination. Don't know who won as the dvr shut off because the race ran so long because of the infinite number of yellows. Can't say that I care enough to look it up. And when did Bourdais turn into an idiot? The guy hit everything but the lotto in that race.

:yuck:

SurfaceUnits
08-26-13, 02:06 AM
Are all those full-course cautions really necessary on a road course? Almost an hour after the start of the race, there are barely 30 laps in the books.

TKGAngel
08-26-13, 08:36 AM
Unrelated to the pit stupidity, what happened that caused Roger Penske to get all hot under his perfectly starched collar and go after Marco Andretti after the race?

SteveH
08-26-13, 08:37 AM
Unrelated to the pit stupidity, what happened that caused Roger Penske to get all hot under his perfectly starched collar and go after Marco Andretti after the race?

Why should anyone need a reason? ;)

Rogue Leader
08-26-13, 09:04 AM
Even when they interviewed Tim Cindric, you could tell he agreed the penalty was completely ridiculous, but because they were the tremendous beneficiaries he gave a very PC answer.

And yeah they need to talk to the FIA about running road races, if a safety car is on track at an F1 race its because a disaster has happened. These guys have a safety car to remove a car that is WAY off track (Jakes) it drags the race to a screeching halt. They need to do local yellows so badly to up the pace and excitement of these races. I mean really, we do local yellows in Lemons and not a single one of us is a "professional race driver" I think the paid (paying) drivers can handle it.

I usually add a half hour to the end of any race DVR recording just in case. I still missed the last 3 laps thats how far over this race went.

Chief
08-26-13, 10:56 AM
I usually add a half hour to the end of any race DVR recording just in case. I still missed the last 3 laps thats how far over this race went.

I don't have a DVR and I refuse to watch that faux racing. So, this Monday morning quarterbacking is the nuts! :p

Elmo T
08-26-13, 12:21 PM
The full course cautions are about "the show" :rolleyes:

G.
08-26-13, 02:29 PM

I don't want to detract from SteveH's eloquent reply, but there's another theory being bandied about. :)

SteveH is right, Roger is wrong. (http://www.racer.com/video-robin-miller-interviews-roger-penske-at-sonoma/article/308828/)

Capt'n says it was for jumping restarts.

Chief
08-26-13, 04:25 PM
Old man Penske better watch out, that Andretti/Nazareth mob of hanger-ons and professional beater-uppers might up to jacking his a** up on pitlane...just like Sam Hornish's old man took a beatin at the Glen. :laugh:

SurfaceUnits
08-28-13, 02:07 AM
391K viewers.They miss Danica.

SurfaceUnits
08-30-13, 08:43 PM
rule 7.9.17

"The League is confident this new rule will fix everything."