PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR at Mid-Ohio

mueber
08-14-13, 07:12 PM
Been a rough year for me financially, and I haven't been to a race all year. Looks like the weather is going to be perfect, but I just can't decide whether these guys are worth $100.00 for a ticket and gas.

What about you, I mean ya'all? Are any of you going?

Actually an attractive conflict just developed. I think I am going with a movie (Much Ado About Nothing) with a friend on Saturday evening.

gerhard911
08-14-13, 07:22 PM
Moto GP at Indy for me. I was at M-O this past weekend for an SCCA club race. They were putting up all kinds of new catch fencing for cab-lights. I wonder how much will survive the weekend?

mueber
08-14-13, 07:27 PM
Moto GP at Indy for me. I was at M-O this past weekend for an SCCA club race. They were putting up all kinds of new catch fencing for cab-lights. I wonder how much will survive the weekend?

I thought about that too but still just can't....

Napoleon
08-15-13, 01:29 PM
What NASCARs are going to be at MO?

cameraman
08-15-13, 02:02 PM
It's the Nationwide Children’s Hospital 200

Sean O'Gorman
08-18-13, 09:42 AM
The race was about what you'd expect, but the cars were absolutely amazing to watch around the track. Lots of horsepower and no handling makes for interesting visuals around the track. Kinda what I'd imagine seeing early Trans-Am would be like.

Crowds were nowhere near as big as what CART or even the first couple of years of the Indycar/ALMS doubleheader brought in, bit it was still a decent size. I'd go again.