PDA

View Full Version : How to make me hate your company

cameraman
08-09-13, 06:24 PM
It's quite simple it seems and some of them sure love to do it.

Take this particular software package that I need to use. It's rather complex so it has a reasonably long manual in pdf form. It is an interesting bit of code in that it only runs in full screen mode. No windows for you... Now the manual is a secured pdf that you can not print and the license actually states that. But you can't look at the manual while the software is running because you can't open up another window. So you need to use a completely different computer to display the manual if you might want to have the manual open while you are using the ****ing program.

Hopefully these people will burn in one of the lower circles of hell...

:flaming:

and yes I'm using my iPad...

nissan gtp
08-09-13, 06:25 PM
would a dual monitor setup help?

cameraman
08-09-13, 06:54 PM
It is a Windows XP computer dedicated to controlling a series of machines. Dual monitors isn't supported.

Gnam
08-09-13, 07:27 PM
Now the manual is a secured pdf that you can not print and the license actually states that.
Can you select the text in the PDF file, copy it, and paste it into a Word file?

edit: brainstorm...put your computer monitor on the Xerox machine and make some copies. ;)

SurfaceUnits
08-09-13, 07:34 PM
Alt+Tab werks on most peecees

yes I'm using my FOSS Box

cameraman
08-09-13, 08:18 PM
I guess I'm just old but I want to hold the accursed thing in my hands, all 300 pages of it. I want to read it at my desk or some place comfortable. I don't want to read 300 pages of anything on some damned monitor. I hate reading on monitors, iPads, PDAs, phones, Kindles or any other electronic widget. I want the printed page just like Gutenberg intended. The silly thing is formatted for 8 1/2 x 11 paper, there is no reason on earth why I shouldn't be able to print the stupid thing.

KLang
08-09-13, 08:36 PM
Does Preview on your mac honor the 'no print' tag?

cameraman
08-09-13, 09:13 PM
Oh, oh, oh "Without the proper password you do not have permission to print this document" no....

trish
08-09-13, 10:12 PM
It would take forever, but can you do a print screen?

SurfaceUnits
08-10-13, 01:51 AM
7 Free PDF Password Remover Tools
Free PDF Password Remover, Cracker, Reset, and Recovery Tools for Windows

By Tim Fisher, About.com Guide
Ads:

PDF Viewer Free Download
How to Download PDF
Opening PDF Files
PDF 10
PDF Password Unlocker

A PDF password remover (also called a PDF password cracker, password reset, or password recovery tool, depending on its ability) is a program that can be used to either find, remove, or bypass the security on a PDF file that prevents you from opening, printing, or changing the PDF file.

Most PDF password cracker tools fall in to one or more of three major categories: tools that recover the PDF user password, tools that recover the PDF owner password, and tools that remove the PDF owner password allowing full access to the PDF file.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/tp/pdf-password-remover.htm

Cheating is always an option

TravelGal
08-10-13, 01:30 PM
I guess I'm just old but I want to hold the accursed thing in my hands, all 300 pages of it. I want to read it at my desk or some place comfortable. I don't want to read 300 pages of anything on some damned monitor. I hate reading on monitors, iPads, PDAs, phones, Kindles or any other electronic widget. I want the printed page just like Gutenberg intended. The silly thing is formatted for 8 1/2 x 11 paper, there is no reason on earth why I shouldn't be able to print the stupid thing.

:thumbup:

South Africa puts out a bonza tourist letter for agents every month. I'd use it for reference it they'd mail it. Now it just gets deleted with whatever might stick in my gray matter retained. :irked: