PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports gets United Sports Car & Continental series

cameraman
08-09-13, 02:44 PM
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Aug. 9, 2013) – FOX Sports and IMSA (International Motor Sports Association) announced today a five-year multi-media rights deal that solidifies United SportsCar Racing’s home on television through the 2018 season.

Today’s announcement, which comes on the heels of last week’s news that FOX Sports will broadcast NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races through 2024, bolsters FOX’s expansive motorsports coverage. The agreement also includes coverage of IMSA’s Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge for five years. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

They seem to be promising actual live coverage too.

http://www.alms.com/articles/imsa-and-fox-sports-announce-five-year-multi-media-rights-deal

Gnam
08-09-13, 02:57 PM
I assume Speed's contract to broadcast the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be transferred to the new channel along with Bob Varsha and the other announcers.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/26/speed-inks-multi-year-deal-to-keep-24-hours-of-le-mans-broadcast/

nissan gtp
08-09-13, 06:24 PM
as expected, picking up nascar crumbs

gerhard911
08-09-13, 07:17 PM
as expected, picking up nascar crumbs

Which they will replay over, and over, and over, and over yet again. With maybe some soccer in between instead of reruns of Pimp My Ride :shakehead:

Then they will wonder why their ratings are no better than SPEED's were :\

Oh, and be ready for Larry, Darrel and Darrel to be in the booth for every auto related event. Everybody else gets the boot to save $$$, don'tcha know.

cameraman
08-09-13, 08:05 PM
Which they will replay over, and over, and over, and over yet again. With maybe some soccer in between instead of reruns of Pimp My Ride :shakehead:

Then they will wonder why their ratings are no better than SPEED's were :\

Oh, and be ready for Larry, Darrel and Darrel to be in the booth for every auto related event. Everybody else gets the boot to save $$$, don'tcha know.

They bought golf, expensive golf. They won't be running Pimp My Rde.

gerhard911
08-09-13, 09:35 PM
They bought golf, expensive golf. They won't be running Pimp My Rde.

I have been corrected :saywhat:

Instead of soccer it will be golf :golfclap: :p

I did not say it would be Pimp My Ride going forward. I predicted it would be soccer.

Golf is a distant second IMHO. Not that I would watch either, but golf? NFW. Ever. Under any circumstance.

And Fox Sports 1 will not survive. You heard it here first ;)

SurfaceUnits
08-10-13, 02:23 PM
I have been corrected :saywhat:

Instead of soccer it will be golf :golfclap: :p

I did not say it would be Pimp My Ride going forward. I predicted it would be soccer.

Golf is a distant second IMHO. Not that I would watch either, but golf? NFW. Ever. Under any circumstance.

And Fox Sports 1 will not survive. You heard it here first ;)

soccer is the 2nd most watch sport for 12-24 year olds

gerhard911
08-11-13, 08:47 PM
soccer is the 2nd most watch sport for 12-24 year olds

I understand that. I am not even close to that demographic, therefore the fact that I said I would not watch doesn't mean $&!^.

And I don't think FS1 has any better chance of toppling E$PiN than CBS Sports or NBC Sports. They may buy up some expensive and exclusive sports, but until they get themselves on basic cable instead of a pay extra package, they will be also rans.

mapguy
08-12-13, 05:49 AM
I'm interested to know what Speedvision's ratings were before it got fooked up by NASCAR.