PDA

View Full Version : Road America Double Header

TRDfan
08-07-13, 12:07 PM
ALMS and Grand Am in a double header this weekend at Road America. I'm heading over for at least one day. Thinking this weekend might give some foreshadowing of the USCR. Never seen a DP in real life, hope I don't get scared.

Trevor Longman
08-08-13, 01:06 AM
Oh man I sooo wish I was there for this one. Such an incredible lineup of racing all weekend. Instead I'm stuck in Watkins Glen with the family for our annual dose of NASCAR. :\

G.
08-08-13, 09:26 AM
Oh man I sooo wish I was there for this one. Such an incredible lineup of racing all weekend. Instead I'm stuck in Watkins Glen with the family for our annual dose of NASCAR. :\My 10 y.o. probably wishes we were going to WG, instead of RA.
[FirstWorldProblems]

If you make a wrong turn on the way to the Glen, get lost, and end up on the left side of Lake Michigan, make sure you bring a tent. I've got some room.

RTKar
08-08-13, 08:17 PM
I'm probably going both Saturday & Sunday. Road America is just a part of summer. I really miss CART their. A few weeks ago "historics" were their, it was worth the price to see a Benetton and a Williams screaming down the straight into T-5.

TRDfan
08-08-13, 11:16 PM
Just a Friday day trip for me, too many obligations at home.

RTKar
08-10-13, 10:45 PM
Met G & his son g, another small world moment. :thumbup:

G.
08-11-13, 12:32 AM
Met G & his son g, another small world moment. :thumbup:

Was good to see you! :thumbup:

Met aportinga too. Watched the meteor shower tonight, wondering if we were having flashbacks.

Jury's still out.

RTKar
08-11-13, 09:04 AM
Pretty decent crowd, reminded me of the CART days.

What didn't remind me of back then is how much I ache and I don't wander around nearly as much....old guy

G.
08-11-13, 09:24 PM
Seriously, a pretty big crowd. The place filled in for the ALMS, was still very good for the prototurtles.
Was not quite CART-sized, but close.

The Frances better NOT screw this one up next year.

Any hints on the schedule next year?

RTKar
08-11-13, 10:15 PM
Bummed it finished under yellow. A good race weekend though. The Delta Wing is definitely unique, seeing it in person for the first time. It moves better in traffic than I suspected. I expected it to be clunky and cumbersome like an earl car but it wasn't at all.

TRDfan
08-11-13, 10:50 PM
I was amazed at the size of the crowd on Friday.

Talked with many people at RA for the first time and they loved it.

I also thought the Delta Wing looked better in person. And DP's aren't nearly as ugly as they used to be.

Sure hope it's on the USCR schedule next year. Word was they wanted to release the schedule this weekend, but
it's still 30-45 days away. (Hope those days aren't like Champ Car days, when 30-45 = ????)

Bummed it ended under yellow, good to see Viper get a win.