PDA

View Full Version : Someone thinks moving RObin Mealer to racer.com is a good idea?!

SurfaceUnits
08-04-13, 12:08 PM
Hey, you take what's left.

devilmaster
08-04-13, 12:45 PM
guess people can hope for velocity becoming the original speedvision

SurfaceUnits
08-06-13, 04:22 PM
594th & final episode of Wind Tunnel, airs Sunday @ 8 on @SPEED. Dave Despain signs off with guests Robin Miller, Bob Varsha & Jeff Gordon

Andrew Longman
08-06-13, 07:45 PM
The Wire, All in the Family and a lot of great shows have ended.

This is a little more personal because it is about a subject that prior to the internet (1999 +/-) I had to wait for a few days of the month and a few sources to learn what I wanted about the sport (think NSSN, Motor Trend and Hot Rod).

WindTunnel hasn't always been loved here or by me. I've watched it less and less. But Despain I think was candid and insightful and acknowledged whackos on all sides in a way not seen elsewhere. I am glad he had this platform for as long as he did (and he is a good guy who benefited professionally) but am sad that going forward there will increasingly be fewer and more homogenized outlets for racing fans on even cable TV.

All the more reason to value places like Off Camber. Really. Seriously. :)

Oh, and he posted an email from Chief so he must be respected.:thumbup:

Rus'L
08-07-13, 02:49 PM
Hey, you take what's left.

Along with Marshall Pruett and Adam Cooper. Don't know what's happening to John Dagys.

Chief
08-07-13, 03:46 PM
Oh, and he posted an email from Chief so he must be respected.:thumbup:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?12404-FTG-on-Wind-Tunnel-tonight&highlight=tunnel :tony:

nrc
08-07-13, 04:42 PM
The Wire, All in the Family and a lot of great shows have ended.

This is a little more personal because it is about a subject that prior to the internet (1999 +/-) I had to wait for a few days of the month and a few sources to learn what I wanted about the sport (think NSSN, Motor Trend and Hot Rod).

Oh yeah? Well we used to have a to walk a mile in the snow every day to get our racing news.

It's funny to think how much I used to anticipate the arrival of On Track magazine every two weeks. Having just that and the odd snippet of tape delay coverage made race weekends that much more special.

One of my fond memories of Dave Despain was being in the paddock at the 198something Daytona 24 and seeing him chain smoking on the set between updates. That was back when actual TV coverage of a road race was pretty novel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ133smlSPk