PDA

View Full Version : The space bar is stuck

TravelGal
07-28-13, 04:54 PM
No, this is not a Clarke and Dawe routine (a la "The front fell off). The space bar on my keyboard is sticking badly. I hate to get a new keyboard--I haven't even worn the paint off any of the letters yet. Well, the "a" is looking a little dicey but I like this one. I've tried tipping it upside down and to knock out any obvious offending dust. Can I just put the bar off and have a look or ???

gjc2
07-28-13, 05:18 PM
I'd recommend blasting it with some canned air, but the air would cost as much as a new keyboard.

I like cheap keyboards.

Insomniac
07-28-13, 05:44 PM
You will need to see how your keyboard disassembles to really figure it out. Some have keys that pop off, others you need to take apart from the bottom. I'd guess whatever mechanism pushes the keys back up is broken. Maybe call the manufacturer and explain the problem. They may swap it for you.

Andrew Longman
07-28-13, 06:07 PM
A can of air is definitely the place to start. Always has worked for me. Taking stuff apart, not so much. :gomer:

TravelGal
07-28-13, 06:23 PM
A can of air is definitely the place to start. Always has worked for me. Taking stuff apart, not so much. :gomer:

LOL! And I can use it for my camera, which, by the way, seems dirty. To hijack my own thread, any recommendations on how to clean the lens of my trusty Canon G9?