PDA

View Full Version : TOney GOrge(R)(TM) kills DreamWorks(R)(TM)

SurfaceUnits
07-23-13, 01:33 PM
Shares of DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc. fell 4.5 percent Monday after an analyst predicted a writedown of as much as $50 million on the new movie “Turbo,” citing a disappointing opening at the box office. :shakehead:

The movie, about a speedy snail who aspires to compete in the Indianapolis 500, saw ticket sales of $21.5 million this past weekend. At that rate, “Turbo” may not reach $100 million during its run in U.S. and Canadian theaters, Piper Jaffray analyst James Marsh wrote in a research note.

The Indianapolis-based IndyCar Series and open-wheel racing enthusiasts were hoping the movie would create a buzz about the sport, but interest has fallen short of expectations so far.

SurfaceUnits
07-23-13, 01:39 PM
Sell your netflix shares too

Merchandising for “Turbo” will benefit from cross-promotion with a planned television show based on the characters that will appear on Netflix Inc.’s Web-based subscription service, Marsh said. The movie also will appear on Netflix.

stroker
07-23-13, 02:24 PM
B-b-b-but Mario Andretti rode the snail! That's unpossible!

SurfaceUnits
07-23-13, 04:31 PM
The only Mario people know these days is Lopez

cameraman
07-23-13, 04:48 PM
Ummm, who is Mario Lopez?

gerhard911
07-23-13, 04:52 PM
^^^ +1

SurfaceUnits
07-23-13, 06:33 PM
Ummm, who is Mario Lopez?

The guy who was married to Miss USA for two weeks, until she kicked him out for non-performance

cameraman
07-23-13, 07:03 PM
Well I guess if I had any idea who Miss USA was/is then I might know what you're talking about but I don't so I still have no idea who Mario Lopez is other than "some dude". Guess I need to find an RSS feed for TMZ:rolleyes:

Gnam
07-23-13, 07:24 PM
My tinfoil shielding is not as effective as cameraman's. I know Mario Lopez as Slater from Saved-by-the-Bell, but I did not know about his ex-wife Miss USA.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1356215/Mario-Lopez-admits-I-cheated-Ali-Landry-days-wedding.html

But that's all moot, because I submit that Nintendo's Mario is clearly the best known "Mario". :p

gerhard911
07-23-13, 09:30 PM
In spite of his unfortunate association with the "snail league" I would argue that MarioA is still the most famous Mario, but I guess it depends on the demographic you are measuring. :gomer:

JoeBob
07-23-13, 10:06 PM
Back on topic. Here's a link: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-dreamworks-animation-stock-turbo-20130722,0,6957669.story

stroker
07-23-13, 10:33 PM
In spite of his unfortunate association with the "snail league" I would argue that MarioA is still the most famous Mario, but I guess it depends on the demographic you are measuring. :gomer:

"Snail League"... < snerf > That's almost as funny as Princess Sparkle Pony!

:laugh:

Napoleon
07-24-13, 09:05 AM
The only Mario people know these days is Lopez

Come on, there is Mario Batali.

opinionated ow
07-24-13, 11:41 AM

Brings new meaning to the term Championship Trail

Andrew Longman
07-24-13, 12:09 PM
Come on, there is Mario Batali.Yeah. Jersey (Well, Rutgers) guy. Everyone knows him. :gomer: