PDA

View Full Version : No mo' Samsung...

dando
06-25-13, 01:30 PM
My tale of woe from my recent Samsung 'customer service' experience...

First I have numerous Samsung devices in my homizzle, and consider(ed) myself a loyal Samsung customer (anything but $ony). Back in late March I ordered a soundbar through Amazon. A refurb HW-E450 (soundbar and wireless sub). No worky. Soundbar work fine, but won't connect to the wireless sub via BT. Replacement requested and received. Same deal. Upon further investigation, the soundbar does not appear as a BT device on multiple BT devices (iPod Touch, MBP, and Samsung GS 2). Evident that it is not broadcasting or receiving BT signals as described in the User Guide. First call to Samsung support in mid-April. RMA to be sent. I received a follow up call and walked through the setup process yet again with the tech support rep. No dice. RMA never received either. Subsequent calls (6 total) and one miserable live support chat later, still no luck getting them to send an RMA. Last phone contact was 10 days ago, which was still w/in the warranty period for a refurb. I was told a callback from a tech rep was needed to have an RMA issued. No call, no RMA. So, I take one last tilt @ the windmill this morning, spending well over an hour with a rep, supervisor and then the exec call queue. Long story short, Samsung will not honor the warranty, requiring me to pay for shipping and repairs to send the unit to the NJ repair facility. I was as cool as a cucumber through all of this, but when the exec support chick went away for 2-3 minutes and returned to explain that they could only offer shipping and repair paid by me, I blew my stack. This is simply the most incompetent support organization I have ever dealt with, and I've dealt with some doozies. :shakehead :mad:

-Kevin

SteveH
06-25-13, 01:44 PM
Assuming you purchased this with a credit card check your card's warranty and return process. I had a similar experience with a low end flat screen for the kitchen. At an impasse I checked with my card issuer. Win! Returned the item for full credit.

KLang
06-25-13, 02:09 PM
Why not return it to Amazon?

dando
06-25-13, 02:30 PM
Assuming you purchased this with a credit card check your card's warranty and return process. I had a similar experience with a low end flat screen for the kitchen. At an impasse I checked with my card issuer. Win! Returned the item for full credit.

Debit card. Not sure that I have the same protection, but I will check as a last resort. Plus, Amazon is not the one @ fault here.

I just got off the phone with them again....another hour long conversation with three reps and the exec queue. Their records only show my contact with them on 12-May requesting service. At the time I received no 411 on how to proceed, just told that an RMA would be mailed. Oh, and to start this call, I ended up in the Android support queue despite not being prompted by the IVR on the type of product. Then transferred to another area that does not support soundbars. Transferred again to the right are, but then referred to the exec queue once again. Despite having the repair request documented in their system well before the warranty expiration, they still won't honor it 4 days after the warranty expired. There is some seriously broken **** going on here. :shakehead :saywhat:

-Kevin

dando
06-25-13, 02:32 PM
Why not return it to Amazon?

I did. Second unit received and it didn't work, so I contacted Samsung directly. By the time the level of incompetence was revealed, I was outside of the return window. :(

-Kevin

KLang
06-25-13, 02:37 PM
Have you tried contacting Amazon? I know it isn't their fault but if they take it back they can send it back to Samsung.