PDA

View Full Version : RHR Likes Milwaukee!

NismoZ
06-16-13, 07:26 AM
WOW, time does fly...RHR qualified on the Milwaukee pole at 181 mph in 2004 and led the entire race to win that night race. He wins this year from a (Marco) pole speed of 170. Could have lapped himself a BUNCH of times with the old Lola!

Trevor Longman
06-16-13, 08:56 AM
Progress... :rolleyes:

They're quick enough on the big ovals. I enjoyed them when I saw them test at Pocono. But the short ovals are still leaving something to be desired. More than
that though its the manner in which they show that speed. Champ Cars would just show that little hint of oversteer, just a tiny sustained drift through the corners. The Indycars are just too planted right now.

DagoFast
06-16-13, 02:36 PM
Ugly and Slow. That'll get people out to the track! :rofl:

NismoZ
06-16-13, 03:18 PM
I REALLY had intended to go Friday with a kind of "what the heck ELSE do I have to do" attitude... but the old fire is just NOT there...couldn't blame expensive gas, crummy weather or a nagging wife...No WAY will I miss the HAWK/Redman Vintage weekend or the ALMS/RolexGA combo at RA, though. Sure hope that suggests a better 2014!

G.
06-16-13, 07:18 PM
I went to the race. It wasn't awful, it was "ok". My kid enjoyed it a lot.

A few things I noticed: when they were pushing/rolling the cars around, that long-assed nose bounced around like it was not real. I guess I see why they need the snow plow in the front to push the nose down. Maybe they should make it longer. :gomer:

The cars are far too equal. If someone is "on-a-rail", you can barely tell. It's feet per lap, not car-lengths per lap. I remember in the CART years, passes on the outside of the corners.

Yes, they look slow. I would admit otherwise, if it were true.

Ganassis lost the formula. Dario's 8th place finish (I think) is not indicative of the race he had.

The crowd was full of gomers trying to get other people to care. It was funny. I don't blame them or hate them, but they amused me.

I got to see Andretti slowing on the backstretch. :thumbup:

Restarts scared me. The last half of the field looked like the bumpercar drivers from the carnival in the infield. Perhaps they were completely in control, and knew what they were doing, but it was like a bad infomercial - all dicing and chopping.

If you sit up high enough, the ass-end of the car is not offensive-looking. As for other angles, you already know.

They had a LOLA in the family zone (I think it was a Lola - I suck at car recognition) for pics. It was Hobbs', I think.

I really enjoyed the time I spent with the g.

I wish ownership was different, but it ain't. :(

Anteater
06-17-13, 09:55 PM
The crowd was full of gomers trying to get other people to care.
Oh, really? What methods did they employ? :gomer:

Glad you had a good time with g., though.

Chief
06-19-13, 11:16 AM
It's starched earth bro'....indy lights is better and they only start 7 cars. Since ToNey Goerge Jr. took over it's a fresh pile.

Sorry G., I learnt from you the farther away the better it is. Ain't watched one race all season and I'm loving it riding motorcycles and playing golf. Seened a lap from Texas and the cars under the light looks like too glossy piles of dung.

Death to Indy and Indycar. On behalf of railbird, pcHall and fourrunner, I wholeheartedly endorse that message. Futility and BEYOND! :thumbup: